Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ebl1014

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ebl1014 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Has anyone who tried to negotiate scholarship money and was told that they wouldn't be able to make a decision until after the Apr 15 deposit deadline heard anything back?

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm

On hold since February I think. So long ago I can't remember. Just missed a call from Cardozo and message said to call them back. Lleft a message so now we're playing phone tag. Obviously not an acceptance. What's up with this??

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

DJsm20 wrote:On hold since February I think. So long ago I can't remember. Just missed a call from Cardozo and message said to call them back. Lleft a message so now we're playing phone tag. Obviously not an acceptance. What's up with this??

See my post on the previous page

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

aliarrow wrote:
DJsm20 wrote:On hold since February I think. So long ago I can't remember. Just missed a call from Cardozo and message said to call them back. Lleft a message so now we're playing phone tag. Obviously not an acceptance. What's up with this??

See my post on the previous page

Thanks!! I can handle a few days

jokerman

Postby jokerman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

When were you guys called? I just would like to know if the times are random or if I should know to have my phone near me at a certain time.

Thanks for all of the reporting by you guys!!!!

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:26 pm

aliarrow wrote:
neptunestar wrote:I assume that they dont look at the FT waitlist until after the PT program is handled/has already begun... Can anyone confirm this with past years evidence or having talked with an admissions person from 'Dozo?

I just got a call from Cardozo asking about my other offers today, stating they'd give me a decision in a couple of days (I was WL'd back in January)

Just to clarify - you were WL'd for the FT program?

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

neptunestar wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
neptunestar wrote:I assume that they dont look at the FT waitlist until after the PT program is handled/has already begun... Can anyone confirm this with past years evidence or having talked with an admissions person from 'Dozo?

I just got a call from Cardozo asking about my other offers today, stating they'd give me a decision in a couple of days (I was WL'd back in January)

I was held in Feb. not WL for FT -told they would take another look at my app in April. Got a call today around 4pm on my voicemail and talked to Cardozo around 6:30. They wanted to know how my cycle was going, did I deposit anywhere and if financial assistance was a factor.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

neptunestar wrote:
aliarrow wrote:

I was WL'd for FT, YP I suspect (3.5/167)

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Hmm so judging on both you guys I guess they are gearing up for the FT WL...

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 pm

neptunestar wrote:Hmm so judging on both you guys I guess they are gearing up for the FT WL...

Yea I would agree. Also really surprised we talked money considering I wasn't accepted initially or even as of yet for that matter. Was told they would get back to me in the next couple of days.

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm

DJsm20 wrote:
neptunestar wrote:Hmm so judging on both you guys I guess they are gearing up for the FT WL...

Yea I would agree. Also really surprised we talked money considering I wasn't accepted initially or even as of yet for that matter. Was told they would get back to me in the next couple of days.

You think this week would be a smart time for an LOCI? I have one written that I've been sorta waiting on sending...

Or you reckon save it for later because they are probably just reaching out to those first on deck (aka high numbers)?

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:54 pm

neptunestar wrote:
DJsm20 wrote:

You think this week would be a smart time for an LOCI? I have one written that I've been sorta waiting on sending...

Or you reckon save it for later because they are probably just reaching out to those first on deck (aka high numbers)?

I wouldn't wait, send it it now. Your LOCI will be there as they start looking at WL candidates. If you will def go then let them know. You can PM me for phone call conversation if you want. Good Luck!

nyca

Postby nyca » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

ebl1014 wrote:Has anyone who tried to negotiate scholarship money and was told that they wouldn't be able to make a decision until after the Apr 15 deposit deadline heard anything back?

I am trying to negotiate but haven't heard anything back since the deposit date.

Have you heard anything?

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Im on the WL and just got an email to come in for an interview for the May program.

Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 pm

i was held and got the call a few days ago asking about my interest. When they asked about scholarships I pretty much just said, "yeah, its a big deal... I have gotten big scholarships from other schools in the region and COA is huge for me"... I wasn't quite this blunt, but I figured why should I give them the impression that if they gave me no money I'd go-- when I won't. Any thoughts on this?

auroojgulzar

Postby auroojgulzar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:i was held and got the call a few days ago asking about my interest. When they asked about scholarships I pretty much just said, "yeah, its a big deal... I have gotten big scholarships from other schools in the region and COA is huge for me"... I wasn't quite this blunt, but I figured why should I give them the impression that if they gave me no money I'd go-- when I won't. Any thoughts on this?

i think honesty goes along way. I think I would have done the same had I been in your position.

are waitlist applicants even considered for scholarships what about in 2L and 3L if they do well in school?

denny.crane

Postby denny.crane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 pm

auroojgulzar wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:i was held and got the call a few days ago asking about my interest. When they asked about scholarships I pretty much just said, "yeah, its a big deal... I have gotten big scholarships from other schools in the region and COA is huge for me"... I wasn't quite this blunt, but I figured why should I give them the impression that if they gave me no money I'd go-- when I won't. Any thoughts on this?

i think honesty goes along way. I think I would have done the same had I been in your position.

are waitlist applicants even considered for scholarships what about in 2L and 3L if they do well in school?

I agree with ^. I'm on hold as well, and if they contact me, I'll have to tell them the same thing.

DJsm20

Postby DJsm20 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:50 pm

denny.crane wrote:
auroojgulzar wrote:

I was pretty honest as well. I told them I put a seat deposit down at another school and the woman said "Ohh". I was kind of surprised by this response and explained schools have deadlines and I have not been accepted to Carodozo so of course I needed to send in a deposit. I mean they know the process. I also told them it would take $ for me to accept Cardozo at this point which is the truth. If this causes them to reject me at this point I am fine with it and would rather let the spot open up immediately to someone that wants it at sticker.

I agree with ^. I'm on hold as well, and if they contact me, I'll have to tell them the same thing.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Just got in off the WL for ft, w/ 34k per year

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:23 pm

aliarrow wrote:Just got in off the WL for ft, w/ 34k per year

email? congrats

jokerman

Postby jokerman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm

I think you would have to agree it was well worth the wait!!!! Congrats!!!!

PS- Jealous of you so much ;)

jokerman

Postby jokerman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Just got notified I got into IIT-Kent (Chicago) after having my decision deferred (sent no LOCI), but no idea on $$$$, if any. Still holding out hope for Cardozo though!!! NYC!!!

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Well, at least we now know they are taking people off the FT WL. Let the games begin :-/

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:59 pm

I just got off the "hold" list as well via phone. They didn't mention any $, but perhaps there's an offer in the admit package or email? Congrats to everyone else who got off "hold"!

krb89f

Postby krb89f » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:21 pm

I just got off the "hold" list as well via phone. They didn't mention any $, but perhaps there's an offer in the admit package or email? Congrats to everyone else who got off "hold"!

Can you clarify if you're getting off for May or falls starts?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”