Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
abonda01
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby abonda01 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:39 am

yepyep wrote:
buchy2009 wrote:
downing wrote:Anyone put on the "hold" list? I wonder when they'll send out acceptances or dings from this one.


I am on it as well, I haven't heard anything...


same


What does this mean? Does it show up on the status checker as hold or did you receive a message from them that your application was being held?

User avatar
yepyep
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby yepyep » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 am

abonda01 wrote:
yepyep wrote:
buchy2009 wrote:
downing wrote:Anyone put on the "hold" list? I wonder when they'll send out acceptances or dings from this one.


I am on it as well, I haven't heard anything...


same


What does this mean? Does it show up on the status checker as hold or did you receive a message from them that your application was being held?


said decision rendered on the checker, but the email said hold.

User avatar
downing
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby downing » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Well I want off this hold list, in the best way possible. Better polish your essay-writing skills!
Whose "why cardozo" essay will reign supreme?

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby maglialoro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey does anyone know how to rsvp for the admitted students day? I lost my original email and know that today is the deadline.

User avatar
mims
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby mims » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 pm

finally heard back!! accepted for the may program via voice mail from the assistant dean. submitted 1/19 and under review 1/25.

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:17 pm

kruiz88 wrote:Hey does anyone know how to rsvp for the admitted students day? I lost my original email and know that today is the deadline.

+1

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Hey does anyone know how to rsvp for the admitted students day? I lost my original email and know that today is the deadline.

+1

Solved:http://www.cardozo.yu.edu/MemberContentDisplay.aspx?ccmd=ContentDisplay&ucmd=UserDisplay&userid=10336&contentid=4930&folderid=302

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks! So you'll be there as well?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Lawst » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Did Cardozo give out fee waivers pretty liberally this year? When I got one, I initially saw it as a good sign that I would be admitted, but now that I've been sitting here with no word for a month, I'm starting to think they handed them out to damn near everyone so they could increase their applications and look more selective.

pookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby pookie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Lawst wrote:Did Cardozo give out fee waivers pretty liberally this year? When I got one, I initially saw it as a good sign that I would be admitted, but now that I've been sitting here with no word for a month, I'm starting to think they handed them out to damn near everyone so they could increase their applications and look more selective.


Ditto that. We're number twins btw! Except you have about ten years between now and your GPA, and I have about ten months :oops: Are you applying FT or PT?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Lawst » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:39 pm

pookie wrote:
Lawst wrote:Did Cardozo give out fee waivers pretty liberally this year? When I got one, I initially saw it as a good sign that I would be admitted, but now that I've been sitting here with no word for a month, I'm starting to think they handed them out to damn near everyone so they could increase their applications and look more selective.


Ditto that. We're number twins btw! Except you have about ten years between now and your GPA, and I have about ten months :oops: Are you applying FT or PT?


FT. I kinda liked the idea of easing into 1L part time, but did not like the no merit aid part of that equation. However, now I'm thinking I might not get merit aid for FT either and may not get admitted at all. Hmm.

I got into Brooklyn FT but with no merit aid because of my GPA, which caught me off guard because my LSAT was strong for that school and I'd already established myself in my first career, so my grades obviously weren't a good predictor. The NY schools are just hating splitters this year.

pookie
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby pookie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Lawst wrote:
pookie wrote:
Lawst wrote:Did Cardozo give out fee waivers pretty liberally this year? When I got one, I initially saw it as a good sign that I would be admitted, but now that I've been sitting here with no word for a month, I'm starting to think they handed them out to damn near everyone so they could increase their applications and look more selective.


Ditto that. We're number twins btw! Except you have about ten years between now and your GPA, and I have about ten months :oops: Are you applying FT or PT?


FT. I kinda liked the idea of easing into 1L part time, but did not like the no merit aid part of that equation. However, now I'm thinking I might not get merit aid for FT either and may not get admitted at all. Hmm.

I got into Brooklyn FT but with no merit aid because of my GPA, which caught me off guard because my LSAT was strong for that school and I'd already established myself in my first career, so my grades obviously weren't a good predictor. The NY schools are just hating splitters this year.


I'm pretty sure you can have your application reconsidered for part time if you don't get in full time. You should definitely look into it if that's a top school choice for you!

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Thanks! So you'll be there as well?

Yea, its localish for me so I'm gonna head on over. Are you going to the early walk-ins?

lowereastside
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby lowereastside » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Does anyone have any experience getting in part time, and then asking to switch to full time for scholarship reasons? Or getting any assistance PT? I applied for the part time program because I really thought I would have trouble getting in (bad gpa), but now have this amazing scholarship offer to Brooklyn in addition to the Cardozo PT acceptance. I'd prefer to go to Cardozo, but its hard to justify paying sticker for Cardozo vs. an almost full ride to Brooklyn.

MP24
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby MP24 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 am

lowereastside wrote:Does anyone have any experience getting in part time, and then asking to switch to full time for scholarship reasons? Or getting any assistance PT? I applied for the part time program because I really thought I would have trouble getting in (bad gpa), but now have this amazing scholarship offer to Brooklyn in addition to the Cardozo PT acceptance. I'd prefer to go to Cardozo, but its hard to justify paying sticker for Cardozo vs. an almost full ride to Brooklyn.


I'm curious about the answer to this too.

aidez-moi
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aidez-moi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 pm

lowereastside wrote:Does anyone have any experience getting in part time, and then asking to switch to full time for scholarship reasons? Or getting any assistance PT? I applied for the part time program because I really thought I would have trouble getting in (bad gpa), but now have this amazing scholarship offer to Brooklyn in addition to the Cardozo PT acceptance. I'd prefer to go to Cardozo, but its hard to justify paying sticker for Cardozo vs. an almost full ride to Brooklyn.

Go for it. Tell them what you have and see if they'll let you switch - it couldn't hurt!

aidez-moi
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aidez-moi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 pm

For anyone that's interested there is apparently a class of 2014 cardozo thread.

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Decision rendered today. No email or phone call yet. Eeep.

Update: Waitlisted. BRUTAL cycle for splitters.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 pm

DOZO BACK IN THE TOP 50 :D

yeahyeah2121
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Hey soo what are any of you PT'ers doing for housing? I'm pretty set on Cardozo 's May Program unless I somehow miraculously get into Fordham off the waitlist. I've been living in the city for a little while now but I sublet because I got hired really quickly and didn't have a whole lot time to do research about a housing. Needless to say, my current setup is less than ideal and I'm pretty excited about moving out. Also does anyone know if Cardozo has any sort of roommate match up?

aidez-moi
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aidez-moi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 am

yeahyeah2121 wrote:Hey soo what are any of you PT'ers doing for housing? I'm pretty set on Cardozo 's May Program unless I somehow miraculously get into Fordham off the waitlist. I've been living in the city for a little while now but I sublet because I got hired really quickly and didn't have a whole lot time to do research about a housing. Needless to say, my current setup is less than ideal and I'm pretty excited about moving out. Also does anyone know if Cardozo has any sort of roommate match up?

Nice to see a fellow may-er.

I think they do but I remember there being something dumb about it like they don't release it until June. Looking at all the options I'm pretty sure I'll end up in Brooklyn

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:41 am

has anyone who has been put on hold heard anything?

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 am

rocon7383 wrote:has anyone who has been put on hold heard anything?


No word on my end...

abonda01
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby abonda01 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 am

blacklawboss wrote:DOZO BACK IN THE TOP 50 :D


Nice! I need to find this list!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andpeggy, Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], lawnerd87, piesandcookies, ThorB, zihua and 17 guests