Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ben11

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Ben11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Ben11 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Ben11 wrote:
165/3.98. I work with an alumnus of St. Johns he told me he was in top 30% without much effort, so the stipulations don't really worry me.

Wow, tbh, I would have applied to much better schools with that GPA. Did you apply to Fordham? Also, I think that Cardozo should definitely offer you more money. We have the same LSAT, but I only have a 3.35.

I did not apply to Fordham. My uncle is CLO and VP of a major corporation, so I pretty much have a job lined up, thus my main priority is scholarship money at the best possible school. With my numbers I would not expect a substantial scholarship at Fordham.

Sorry don't make such sense. Sounds a little trolly. Your uncle would want you to go to the best law school possible bottom line, and not to even apply to Fordham with those #'s is foolish

Fair enough, guess I'm trolly and foolish.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Ben11 if you're not a troll (fake poster) then you should have applied to better schools and gotten better advice from family no offense. I have an uncle who is an attorney and I dig a hole in his ear every week on free advice

Ben11

Postby Ben11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Ben11 if you're not a troll (fake poster) then you should have applied to better schools and gotten better advice from family no offense. I have an uncle who is an attorney and I dig a hole in his ear every week on free advice

My uncle actually recommended Cardozo. Plus Fordham just doesn't interest me, sorry for having a personal preference.
I did apply to Cornell as a realistic reach school, if that consoles you somewhat.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:58 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Ben11 if you're not a troll (fake poster) then you should have applied to better schools and gotten better advice from family no offense. I have an uncle who is an attorney and I dig a hole in his ear every week on free advice

tbf, my stepdad is an attorney and gave me the worst advice about law school. He's a partner at a mid-size firm and went to school in the 60's.. so what he knows isn't very relevant. He's a Golden Gate graduate and told me to apply there when I can get into much better schools. Sometimes if you're old and not hiring people, you're pretty out of the reality of how different schools are viewed.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

ilovesf wrote:

tbf, my stepdad is an attorney and gave me the worst advice about law school. He's a partner at a mid-size firm and went to school in the 60's.. so what he knows isn't very relevant. He's a Golden Gate graduate and told me to apply there when I can get into much better schools. Sometimes if you're old and not hiring people, you're pretty out of the reality of how different schools are viewed.

My uncle is only 2 years older than me and only 3 years out of law school. I agree with your point totally.

Ben11

Postby Ben11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm

ilovesf wrote:

Hey, hindsight is always 20/20. Nothing beneficial will result in debating where I should have applied.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Ben11 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Hey, hindsight is always 20/20. Nothing beneficial will result in debating where I should have applied.

Very true! I still think you can get more money out of Cardozo. If not, try to have the stips removed at St Johns. I don't know why you didn't get into Brooklyn, probably YP.

Ben11

Postby Ben11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Ben11 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Very true! I still think you can get more money out of Cardozo. If not, try to have the stips removed at St Johns. I don't know why you didn't get into Brooklyn, probably YP.

I hope so, would really like to attend Cardozo. Thanks for your input, and good luck to you as well.

afc1910

Postby afc1910 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Last edited by afc1910 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 pm

I know that officially there is no scholarship money for the part-time, but is it at all possible to use scholly money at other schools as a bargaining chip for the oart-time program as well?

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

ilovesf wrote:
Ben11 wrote:Hi, I'm new to this board. Just got voicemail - in w $20k a year. I also got accepted to St. John's with full scholarship - top 40% requirement. Anybody with a similar situation have any luck negotiating for a larger scholarship?

I am in the exact same situation. I haven't tried to negotiate yet because I'm still waiting to hear back from my top 2 choices. If I don't get into those, then I will try to negotiate for more money, or no stips at Cardozo. I know already I'd like to go there over St Johns.

No stips at Cardozo? Top 80% seems fair to me.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Is there any indication to a "Decision rendered and sent" on status checker and nothing else? Is this most likely a reject?

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

lsatextreme wrote:Is there any indication to a "Decision rendered and sent" on status checker and nothing else? Is this most likely a reject?

Nope, everyone's status check says that regardless. Most of those who were admitted received a phone call, but not all.

All in all I wouldn't stress too much...just keep checking the mailbox!

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

aidez-moi wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:Is there any indication to a "Decision rendered and sent" on status checker and nothing else? Is this most likely a reject?

Nope, everyone's status check says that regardless. Most of those who were admitted received a phone call, but not all.

All in all I wouldn't stress too much...just keep checking the mailbox!

ohh ok thank you!

Lord_Roy

Postby Lord_Roy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Just got in via email (I'm in Europe, so that's probably why no call).

mab85

Postby mab85 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

I was waitlisted yesterday for the may program. (158/3.15). I'm new to waitlists and I'm wondering if it is worth sending a diversity statement to Cardozo? Or should I write a LOCI?

thank you!

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Has anyone who attended the event on Monday received the travel stipend forms? I emailed them a week before the event, and a couple days before and haven't heard from them. I'm guessing they are just swamped with requests since it was so well attended.

abonda01

Postby abonda01 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Finally went complete and under review yesterday. twiddling my thumbs now...

gotcha

Postby gotcha » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 am

lawfreak wrote:I know that officially there is no scholarship money for the part-time, but is it at all possible to use scholly money at other schools as a bargaining chip for the oart-time program as well?

Might as well try.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:29 am

I will withdraw today or tomorrow so hopefully someone on here gets my 23K/year. Good luck everyone who still has yet to hear!

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

I just got accepted to Hofstra with a 25k a year scholarship. Is there a chance that I can use that as a bargaining chip for the part-time program even though they officially don't give scholarships for the part time program?

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm

lawfreak wrote:I just got accepted to Hofstra with a 25k a year scholarship. Is there a chance that I can use that as a bargaining chip for the part-time program even though they officially don't give scholarships for the part time program?

No one care's about Hofstra they aren't a threat

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:08 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I just got accepted to Hofstra with a 25k a year scholarship. Is there a chance that I can use that as a bargaining chip for the part-time program even though they officially don't give scholarships for the part time program?

If I had to choose between Cardozo at sticker and Hofstra with the 25k, which should I choose?

I can't retake so there's no point in giving that answer

curly3426

Postby curly3426 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 am

hey guys,

just got in with a $54,000 scholly.... GPA requirement

Also in a BU, Northeastern 65,000, Suffolk, American

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 am

lawfreak wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:

If I had to choose between Cardozo at sticker and Hofstra with the 25k, which should I choose?

I can't retake so there's no point in giving that answer

RETAKE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”