Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 pm

patekfan wrote:For the people who have been hearing their fates in past few days, what day did you guys go UR?

Just waiting to hear something


I went under review second week of december at some point

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rman1201 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm

UR since 11/16, and above medians :?

lmi
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby lmi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm

UR since beginning of November. Heard yesterday via voicemail. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

patekfan
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby patekfan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks all- It's looking like I have a while yet to wait.

Best to everyone.

User avatar
Tinkerz Belle
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Tinkerz Belle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 pm

patekfan wrote:For the people who have been hearing their fates in past few days, what day did you guys go UR?

Just waiting to hear something


Submitted 11/11, complete and under review 12/14
160, 3.5, WE, URM and several good softs

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:56 pm

In today! 28k a year! My first acceptance or denial! I just went complete 1/7!!!!

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:05 pm

I would think snail mail, because you don't know how many emails they get/glance over a day. I'm not sure, though. I sent mine as an attachment from LSAC with everything else (like how you attach your PS, I also attached my essay to that whole file), so I don't know. Sorry!

aidez-moi
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aidez-moi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

I just got a call and I applied to the May program.

So if there are any other May-ers out there, they've started making decisions!

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11755
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:27 pm

patekfan wrote:For the people who have been hearing their fates in past few days, what day did you guys go UR?

Just waiting to hear something


I went under UR 11/16 and I applied mid-October, so it was a long wait for me!

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 pm

For what it's worth... I submitted 11/12, when UR 11/17, and heard 1/4. It said complete and under review on 11/17, but never changed until 1/7 when it said decision rendered and sent.

Good luck!

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby laurencita7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 am

anyone know the seat deposit deadline for cardozo?

binghamtonalum
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby binghamtonalum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:52 am

$400 by April 15 and $600 by May 27th

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby laurencita7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am

binghamtonalum wrote:$400 by April 15 and $600 by May 27th


thanks so much!

binghamtonalum
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby binghamtonalum » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:15 pm

you got it :)

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:25 pm

How long do I have to accept or decline scholarship offer?

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby jdncu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:28 pm

aidez-moi wrote:I just got a call and I applied to the May program.

So if there are any other May-ers out there, they've started making decisions!


Congrats!

What does your status checker say? Mine updated to Complete 1/20.

Also, do you mind sharing stats?

aidez-moi
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby aidez-moi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 pm

jdncu wrote:
aidez-moi wrote:I just got a call and I applied to the May program.

So if there are any other May-ers out there, they've started making decisions!


Congrats!

What does your status checker say? Mine updated to Complete 1/20.

Also, do you mind sharing stats?


Mine updated to complete 1/20 too and then today updated again to Decision rendered and sent.

162/3.3

Good luck!

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby jdncu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:59 pm

aidez-moi wrote:
jdncu wrote:
aidez-moi wrote:I just got a call and I applied to the May program.

So if there are any other May-ers out there, they've started making decisions!


Congrats!

What does your status checker say? Mine updated to Complete 1/20.

Also, do you mind sharing stats?


Mine updated to complete 1/20 too and then today updated again to Decision rendered and sent.

162/3.3

Good luck!


Thanks! I'm just hoping for that phone call.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I think I missed the phone call, but I received the email, and award letter moments later. I really like the school. I think there's only a purple envelope or a Maroon email keeping me away from it :?

Deam
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Deam » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:22 pm

How common do you all feel yield protection (holding students above the 75% ranges) actually is? I was informed earlier this week my application was being placed on hold, my lsat is well above the 75% range and my GPA is around the 25%... Bit of a splitter, but Cardozo is still one of my top choices so was a bit disappointed not to get in right off the bat.

Anyways, responded informing them of my deep interest so I'll hear back by mid April they say... The waiting game just got 3 months longer lol

Oh for those interested and sweating over their updates: applied 12/3, application received 12/9 (had to wait for a transcript containing 1 credit from another school to get in... durrr), complete and under review 12/12, decision rendered (and email received) 1/18

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Deam wrote:How common do you all feel yield protection (holding students above the 75% ranges) actually is? I was informed earlier this week my application was being placed on hold, my lsat is well above the 75% range and my GPA is around the 25%... Bit of a splitter, but Cardozo is still one of my top choices so was a bit disappointed not to get in right off the bat.

Anyways, responded informing them of my deep interest so I'll hear back by mid April they say... The waiting game just got 3 months longer lol

Oh for those interested and sweating over their updates: applied 12/3, application received 12/9 (had to wait for a transcript containing 1 credit from another school to get in... durrr), complete and under review 12/12, decision rendered (and email received) 1/18


App received 1/3 App complete 1/7 decision sent 1/20 shortest turn around yet!

jjlaw
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby jjlaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Been Under Review since 11/16. Anybody else in the same or similar boat?

DJsm20
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby DJsm20 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 pm

The Cardozo hold this week stung since I considered it a safety. Got in much higher ranked schools. Is it the NY location, did everyone and the cousin apply this year or what??

User avatar
zdayar
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby zdayar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 pm

jjlaw wrote:Been Under Review since 11/16. Anybody else in the same or similar boat?


Yup, same here. In review since mid-November.
Last edited by zdayar on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby BBeauty » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Deam wrote:How common do you all feel yield protection (holding students above the 75% ranges) actually is? I was informed earlier this week my application was being placed on hold, my lsat is well above the 75% range and my GPA is around the 25%... Bit of a splitter, but Cardozo is still one of my top choices so was a bit disappointed not to get in right off the bat.

Anyways, responded informing them of my deep interest so I'll hear back by mid April they say... The waiting game just got 3 months longer lol

Oh for those interested and sweating over their updates: applied 12/3, application received 12/9 (had to wait for a transcript containing 1 credit from another school to get in... durrr), complete and under review 12/12, decision rendered (and email received) 1/18


App received 1/3 App complete 1/7 decision sent 1/20 shortest turn around yet!


Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”