Cardozo 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rs2004 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

i am guessing that the difference between a hold and a WL is that the admission staff is holding your application until they see the rest of the applications til deadline arrives and making a decision after they've seen what they've got, and with a WL, they will give you a seat depending on the number of availabilities after their admitted students accept or decline theri acceptances.

so basically, waiting time and expectation on getting in.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Exact same stats, but haven't gotten an email. It's either alphabetically (S), or because I applied prob more recently. Everytime the (1) pops up, I think, oh here's my waitlisting/hold! And then it's something else.

User avatar
yepyep
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby yepyep » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm

rs2004 wrote:i am guessing that the difference between a hold and a WL is that the admission staff is holding your application until they see the rest of the applications til deadline arrives and making a decision after they've seen what they've got, and with a WL, they will give you a seat depending on the number of availabilities after their admitted students accept or decline theri acceptances.

so basically, waiting time and expectation on getting in.


If that's true, there really is not much of a difference. Either way you're waiting until they see what they've got, whether by default (waitlist) or a conscious decision (hold).

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby rs2004 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:47 pm

yepyep wrote:
rs2004 wrote:i am guessing that the difference between a hold and a WL is that the admission staff is holding your application until they see the rest of the applications til deadline arrives and making a decision after they've seen what they've got, and with a WL, they will give you a seat depending on the number of availabilities after their admitted students accept or decline theri acceptances.

so basically, waiting time and expectation on getting in.


If that's true, there really is not much of a difference. Either way you're waiting until they see what they've got, whether by default (waitlist) or a conscious decision (hold).



yeah the difference is not that discernable. but at least with a hold, you can expect to be let in and maybe with some money. with a waitlist, you risk waiting til august and most likely getting nothing.

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby X_Soda » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm

In via pleasant phone call from dean with $32k/year. 3.35/170.

User avatar
yepyep
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby yepyep » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm

rs2004 wrote:
yepyep wrote:
rs2004 wrote:i am guessing that the difference between a hold and a WL is that the admission staff is holding your application until they see the rest of the applications til deadline arrives and making a decision after they've seen what they've got, and with a WL, they will give you a seat depending on the number of availabilities after their admitted students accept or decline theri acceptances.

so basically, waiting time and expectation on getting in.


If that's true, there really is not much of a difference. Either way you're waiting until they see what they've got, whether by default (waitlist) or a conscious decision (hold).



yeah the difference is not that discernable. but at least with a hold, you can expect to be let in and maybe with some money. with a waitlist, you risk waiting til august and most likely getting nothing.


Hope you're right

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby kalede » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Accepted w/ $23,000/year! :D

gator6589
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby gator6589 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:14 pm

how did you find out?

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Congrats to all, and good luck to those who are Wled/held.

I'd definitely send a LOCI... I was accepted a few weeks ago. I have a 3.43/164, but I sent (along with my PS and regular application), a "why Cardozo" essay, which I think helped a lot.

PS: What does YP mean??

User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Hank Chill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

kalede wrote:Accepted w/ $23,000/year! :D


Did you get a call this afternoon?

I hope I hear something today. I had a phone interview with them on friday afternoon (it went well, the conversation lasted twenty minutes) and I haven't gotten a waitlist email from them yet. I'm sitting in my office spamming refresh on this page and my gmail. I'm going nuts.

buchy2009
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby buchy2009 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Congrats to all, and good luck to those who are Wled/held.

I'd definitely send a LOCI... I was accepted a few weeks ago. I have a 3.43/164, but I sent (along with my PS and regular application), a "why Cardozo" essay, which I think helped a lot.

PS: What does YP mean??


YP means "yield protection." Essentially it is the practice of denying or WLing (or in this case, perhaps holding) applications with higher numbers than a school's medians or 75%'s. They do this to people they don't think will actually attend to protect their yield percentage for ranking purposes.

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

thanks!

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby kalede » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Hank Chill wrote:
kalede wrote:Accepted w/ $23,000/year! :D


Did you get a call this afternoon?

I hope I hear something today. I had a phone interview with them on friday afternoon (it went well, the conversation lasted twenty minutes) and I haven't gotten a waitlist email from them yet. I'm sitting in my office spamming refresh on this page and my gmail. I'm going nuts.


Yep, got it around 12:30pm CST.

User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Hank Chill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

In via voicemail with $32,000/year...Pleasant surprise to start the morning off right!

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Kinderby » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:48 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:In via voicemail with $32,000/year...Pleasant surprise to start the morning off right!

Wow, that's great! Congratulations!

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11743
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby ilovesf » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:22 am

I just got back from vacation and heard a voicemail the dean of admissions left me last night. In with 20,000 per year! I have a 3.35, 165, so to answer someone's questions about softs, I think they do matter for scholarship money. I've done some interesting things (at least in my opinion), otherwise my numbers aren't so money worthy.

User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby neptunestar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Has anyone heard any WL success stories out of Cardozo? I feel like they WL basically anyone that isnt an auto-reject and leave a bunch of people hanging...

lawschool12345
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby lawschool12345 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:02 pm

neptunestar wrote:Has anyone heard any WL success stories out of Cardozo? I feel like they WL basically anyone that isnt an auto-reject and leave a bunch of people hanging...

+1

User avatar
Tinkerz Belle
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Tinkerz Belle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm

In today via voicemail! Has anyone heard scholly info AFTER getting the phone call? Cardozo is definitely out for me without significant $$$ as i have a couple better options right now. Bright side - a spot may be opening of for you WLs!

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby laurencita7 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Tinkerz Belle wrote:In today via voicemail! Has anyone heard scholly info AFTER getting the phone call? Cardozo is definitely out for me without significant $$$ as i have a couple better options right now. Bright side - a spot may be opening of for you WLs!


On my call 2 weeks ago they did NOT mention scholly info, but then it was included in my admissions packet i received in the mail 3-5 days later.

User avatar
Tinkerz Belle
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Tinkerz Belle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

laurencita7 wrote:
Tinkerz Belle wrote:In today via voicemail! Has anyone heard scholly info AFTER getting the phone call? Cardozo is definitely out for me without significant $$$ as i have a couple better options right now. Bright side - a spot may be opening of for you WLs!


On my call 2 weeks ago they did NOT mention scholly info, but then it was included in my admissions packet i received in the mail 3-5 days later.


Oh, great! I'll keep my fingers crossed then.

patekfan
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby patekfan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 pm

For the people who have been hearing their fates in past few days, what day did you guys go UR?

Just waiting to hear something

User avatar
livefreeordie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby livefreeordie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi,

For the people who have been admitted, could you update on when you submitted and when your status checker read complete?

Thank you!

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Cardozo 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Congrats to all, and good luck to those who are Wled/held.

I'd definitely send a LOCI... I was accepted a few weeks ago. I have a 3.43/164, but I sent (along with my PS and regular application), a "why Cardozo" essay, which I think helped a lot.

PS: What does YP mean??


Better to send it via email or snail mail?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Daaltaraan, Keilz, laqueredup, studyingeveryday, Veil of Ignorance and 23 guests