Cardozo 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JD=Doctor

Bronze

Re: Cardozo 2011

Post by JD=Doctor » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:I'm a 1L if anyone has any questions, I know how much I appreciated this forum last year

my #s are very close to yours (so i will assume you got in with $$$$$)

a few Questions:

1. What were you choosing between, and why did you in the end choose dozo`
2. how difficult would you say it is to be in the top 20% of your class?
3. Are you happy that you chose $ over a higher ranked school now?
4. Whats your housing situation like?

thanks = ) :P

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:35 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:
holidayfromreal wrote:I'm a 1L if anyone has any questions, I know how much I appreciated this forum last year

a few Questions:

I ended up between Fordham, USC, and Cardozo. I'm planning on doing public interest work in the future and since I know I'll never being making a lot of money I decided I would prefer a full ride at Cardozo to a better school. It's really nice knowing I'm not going to graduate with debt. I'm really happy with the choice I made. I've had a few job offers for summer internships and don't really feel like choosing a lower ranked school has made a difference. This might be different if you plan on doing big law but in the public interest sector I think Cardozo is very competitive. My scholarship was actually guaranteed without a GPA requirement but out of my friends no one seems to be freaking out about keeping their scholarships. I'm doing really well and I figure if you've done well enough to get a scholarship it's probably going to continue in law school.

I live in Cardozo's housing. It's super convenient because it's literally a block from school and it a great area. New York is expensive, you can't avoid it but the school apartments are actually really decent. I have friends from school though that are all over the city. I wasn't from the area so I figured school housing would be easiest since I didn't know much about the city.

Did I answer everything?

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm

holidayfromreal wrote:
JD=Doctor wrote:

a few Questions:

I ended up between Fordham, USC, and Cardozo. I'm planning on doing public interest work in the future and since I know I'll never being making a lot of money I decided I would prefer a full ride at Cardozo to a better school. It's really nice knowing I'm not going to graduate with debt. I'm really happy with the choice I made. I've had a few job offers for summer internships and don't really feel like choosing a lower ranked school has made a difference. This might be different if you plan on doing big law but in the public interest sector I think Cardozo is very competitive. My scholarship was actually guaranteed without a GPA requirement but out of my friends no one seems to be freaking out about keeping their scholarships. I'm doing really well and I figure if you've done well enough to get a scholarship it's probably going to continue in law school.

I live in Cardozo's housing. It's super convenient because it's literally a block from school and it a great area. New York is expensive, you can't avoid it but the school apartments are actually really decent. I have friends from school though that are all over the city. I wasn't from the area so I figured school housing would be easiest since I didn't know much about the city.

Did I answer everything?
Also good luck with everything!

zdayar

New

Post by zdayar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 am

Did I answer everything?
How much does the school housing cost? Also, are there any/many older/married students?

Thanks.

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Post by JD=Doctor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am

holidayfromreal wrote:
holidayfromreal wrote:
JD=Doctor wrote:

a few Questions:

Did I answer everything?
Also good luck with everything!
Yep! thanks!

My stips are top 80% ...Just wanted to see how difficult it would be to be in the top of the class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 am

zdayar wrote:

Did I answer everything?
How much does the school housing cost? Also, are there any/many older/married students?

Thanks.
It depends on what type of apartment you get (studio, big two bedroom, small two bedroom, etc.) but I'm going to say the average is like $1400-$1500 a month, I think it has the rates on the housing website. You can definitely find cheaper in new york but its hard to beat the convenience of being so close.

I guess the older student thing depends on your perspective. I'd say the average age is like 24. I know some married, definitely not the majority but I know a decent amount. Also while there are some people in there early 30s I haven't noticed any noticeably older students

Good Luck!

Loyola Trojan

New

Post by Loyola Trojan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 am

ADMITTED!

and for the record. Cardozo never called me. So don't sweat it if your status checker changes without a phone call

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

....edit
Decision Rendered 1/31
Package Received 2/5
Last edited by Loyola Trojan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 pm

In today via phone call to May/part time!!! 158/3.95, sent app around 1/7.

Good luck to everyone here!!!

Oh, and congrats loyola trojan!

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 am

Last edited by kruiz88 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am

kruiz88 wrote:In as of Feb. 1( 163, 3.9, URM)
you'll probably be attending another nyc school with those #'s any $?

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39 am

blacklawboss wrote:
I got the phone call, but the packet should be here tomorrow. They didn't mention anything in the message, but I'm hoping for at least some money. I'm aiming for NYU(don't expect to get in) or Fordham. If not Cardozo will probably be my choice.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 am

kruiz88 wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
I got the phone call, but the packet should be here tomorrow. They didn't mention anything in the message, but I'm hoping for at least some money. I'm aiming for NYU(don't expect to get in) or Fordham. If not Cardozo will probably be my choice.
how many years are you out of undergrad? will you be at school on 2/21?

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 am

blacklawboss wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
how many years are you out of undergrad? will you be at school on 2/21?
I'm still a undergrad, and yes I will be. Why, does it have an affect ?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:38 am

Do not go to Cardozo, you should be in multiple T-14's with money, including Cornell, if you want NYC so bad. NYU is tough (I think you'll get in), but you should still get into alot of schools in between NYU and Fordham. Don't restrict yourself, those are awesome numbers for a URM.

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 am

SupraVln180 wrote:

Do not go to Cardozo, you should be in multiple T-14's with money, including Cornell, if you want NYC so bad. NYU is tough (I think you'll get in), but you should still get into alot of schools in between NYU and Fordham. Don't restrict yourself, those are awesome numbers for a URM.
Appreciate the encouragement, but it seems to me if it isn't Columbia, NYU, or Fordham no school in NYC is even worth the time. So in terms of NYC I have 3 choices, and due to my lovely LOR writer not doing my LOR till late, I applied to late to push myself from the fringe into acceptance.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:23 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:

I agree I asked about op years out of undergrad because of softs.that might be only weak spot being young, but you should be in a few t14

gummy19vp

New

Post by gummy19vp » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Put on Hold ughhh I would prefer an outright rejection to more waiting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:12 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:

I agree I asked about op years out of undergrad because of softs.that might be only weak spot being young, but you should be in a few t14
Well hopefully some will get back to me soon. :D

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Waitlist...

steelersrule

New

Post by steelersrule » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:43 pm

got a call today. accepted with $84,000. LSAT is 165, mid 3.7 gpa. Scholarship seems to be about what they give people with my numbers.

js77

New

Post by js77 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:45 pm

steelersrule wrote:got a call today. accepted with $84,000. LSAT is 165, mid 3.7 gpa. Scholarship seems to be about what they give people with my numbers.

When did you submit? I'm still waiting from 1/10 :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Frankie55

Bronze

Post by Frankie55 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Obviously biglaw is a bit of a stretch, but how hard would you say it is to get midlaw jobs there?

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm

steelersrule wrote:got a call today. accepted with $84,000. LSAT is 165, mid 3.7 gpa. Scholarship seems to be about what they give people with my numbers.
Was just called as well. 165/3.6. Went into review 12 Jan.

Did you ask about the scholarship amount or did they just tell you? They didn't mention anything to me :(.

shnoop

New

Post by shnoop » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Got the phone call today.., 166 and 3.99 GPA. In with a full scholarship guaranteed for all three years. No class rank stipulation

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Wish they would have mentioned if I had received a scholarship. Since they didn't, I'm guessing my numbers didn't warrant money.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”