Cardozo 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FiveSermon

Gold

Re: Cardozo 2011

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 am

lawfreak wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I just got accepted to Hofstra with a 25k a year scholarship. Is there a chance that I can use that as a bargaining chip for the part-time program even though they officially don't give scholarships for the part time program?
No one care's about Hofstra they aren't a threat
If I had to choose between Cardozo at sticker and Hofstra with the 25k, which should I choose?

I can't retake so there's no point in giving that answer
Retake, Cardozo dropped from 20% to 12% from class of 2009 to 2010. Sticker is bad but with that GPA is just stupid.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 am

FiveSermon wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I just got accepted to Hofstra with a 25k a year scholarship. Is there a chance that I can use that as a bargaining chip for the part-time program even though they officially don't give scholarships for the part time program?
No one care's about Hofstra they aren't a threat
If I had to choose between Cardozo at sticker and Hofstra with the 25k, which should I choose?

I can't retake so there's no point in giving that answer
Retake, Cardozo dropped from 20% to 12% from class of 2009 to 2010. Sticker is bad but with that GPA is just stupid.
Fine. So according to you Cardozo is very bad because it dropped. Do you think it's at least worth going to Hofstra with 25k a year scholarship? What about Rutgers which made it to that list and has very cheap tuition?

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Fine. So according to you Cardozo is very bad because it dropped. Do you think it's at least worth going to Hofstra with 25k a year scholarship? What about Rutgers which made it to that list and has very cheap tuition?
No how about you retake get a 160+ ed to UVA and go to a school that historically places 50%+ into biglaw?

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Does anyone out there know of any WL success stories, either this year or past years? The amount of yellow on LSN is not encouraging.

curly3426

Bronze

Post by curly3426 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I applied to P/T - they called me and asked me to switch and gave me a 54,000 scholly.... I am confused by all of it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm

curly3426 wrote:I applied to P/T - they called me and asked me to switch and gave me a 54,000 scholly.... I am confused by all of it
they don't give scholarships to the P/T, so they figured that you would take their offer if they offered you a scholarship which can only be done by their full time program.

dariamorgendorffer

New

Post by dariamorgendorffer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Complete/UR since 12/29...165/3.48. Getting concerned. Is it desperate to send a late addendum about my upward grade trend?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

UR Since 1/7. Auto-Admit Stats. :?

Withdrawing today. Hopefully frees up something for y'all.

abonda01

Bronze

Post by abonda01 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:38 pm

dariamorgendorffer wrote:Complete/UR since 12/29...165/3.48. Getting concerned. Is it desperate to send a late addendum about my upward grade trend?
Don't do it. It'll just make you look desperate. Your numbers are good enough on paper. Just wait a few more weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Just sent the withdrawal e-mail. Hopefully a deserving TLSer gets some of my $.

folkitup123

New

Post by folkitup123 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

abonda01 wrote:
dariamorgendorffer wrote:Complete/UR since 12/29...165/3.48. Getting concerned. Is it desperate to send a late addendum about my upward grade trend?
Don't do it. It'll just make you look desperate. Your numbers are good enough on paper. Just wait a few more weeks.
I disagree... Was just put on hold with a 165/3.3. In the e-mail they requested additional materials. I have been accepted with significant $ from my top choice schools and am withdrawing. But if you are seriously interested in Cardozo I'd recommend following up!

jplwine

New

Post by jplwine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Just got w/l e-mail. Probably withdraw. Oh well, at least it wasn't rejection.

dariamorgendorffer

New

Post by dariamorgendorffer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:53 am

folkitup123 wrote:
abonda01 wrote:
I disagree... Was just put on hold with a 165/3.3. In the e-mail they requested additional materials. I have been accepted with significant $ from my top choice schools and am withdrawing. But if you are seriously interested in Cardozo I'd recommend following up!
Spoke too soon. Got the hold email today. Already talked about Why Cardozo in my PS, so I am assuming the only materials to send would be a LOCI and maybe an addendum about my upward grade trend? Any ideas if this should be separate or together?

Also, is it frowned upon to mention scholarships from similarly-ranked schools?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:57 am

dariamorgendorffer wrote:
folkitup123 wrote:
abonda01 wrote:
Spoke too soon. Got the hold email today. Already talked about Why Cardozo in my PS, so I am assuming the only materials to send would be a LOCI and maybe an addendum about my upward grade trend? Any ideas if this should be separate or together?

No I think Cardozo is trying to build a strong student body, and want students that other schools covet. That's why they are quick to offer money and quick application turn around. Give it a shot good luck! Not worth sticker unless parent's are paying and well to do.

WAinCO

New

Post by WAinCO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 pm

In with full tuition schlolarship, stip. of 2.9GPA. They say its about the top 80% of the class. That sounds like pretty easy stipulations, any need to be worried about that?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:50 pm

WAinCO wrote:In with full tuition schlolarship, stip. of 2.9GPA. They say its about the top 80% of the class. That sounds like pretty easy stipulations, any need to be worried about that?

If you don't get top 80% at Dozo, you have much more than your scholarship to worry about.

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm

If you don't get top 80% at Dozo, you have much more than your scholarship to worry about.
such as being a complete tool?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

folkitup123

New

Post by folkitup123 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:22 pm

folkitup123 wrote:
abonda01 wrote:
dariamorgendorffer wrote:I disagree... Was just put on hold with a 165/3.3. In the e-mail they requested additional materials. I have been accepted with significant $ from my top choice schools and am withdrawing. But if you are seriously interested in Cardozo I'd recommend following up!

No I think Cardozo is trying to build a strong student body, and want students that other schools covet. That's why they are quick to offer money and quick application turn around. Give it a shot good luck! Not worth sticker unless parent's are paying and well to do.
I've gathered, based on my cycle, that NYC schools' applicant pools tend to be far more competitive than said schools' rankings. Similarly or even far better-ranked schools outside NYC have offered up tremendous incentives that NYC schools have not. Seeing as I have no earnest desire to remain in NY-Met for LS/post-LS I'm taking my "hold" at Cardozoas a blessing in disquise and getting the hell outta here.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 pm

PinkCow wrote:
WAinCO wrote:In with full tuition schlolarship, stip. of 2.9GPA. They say its about the top 80% of the class. That sounds like pretty easy stipulations, any need to be worried about that?

+1

WAinCO

New

Post by WAinCO » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
PinkCow wrote:

+1
-1 for myself, Im sorry that was a dumb question :D

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Assuming that what everyone here is saying that cardozo is absolutely not worth paying sticker, why do they even have the May part-time program where they don;t even offer scholarships to begin with. Who would want to attend the May program?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rman1201

Silver

Post by rman1201 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 pm

lawfreak wrote:Assuming that what everyone here is saying that cardozo is absolutely not worth paying sticker, why do they even have the May part-time program where they don;t even offer scholarships to begin with. Who would want to attend the May program?
People who work.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

rman1201 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:Assuming that what everyone here is saying that cardozo is absolutely not worth paying sticker, why do they even have the May part-time program where they don;t even offer scholarships to begin with. Who would want to attend the May program?
People who work.
First of all, many of the people that apply to part-time programs are not working, rather they have other reasons that compell them to apply part-time that are not financial related necessarily. Additionally, the Cardozo May program is a day part-time program, so I don't really see how people can work at the same time unless they only work at night which is unusual.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Maybe everyone here says it isn't a good investment, but TLS isn't exactly representative of everyone who attends law school. A lot of people feel they can finance their legal education and don't care about accumulating debt. There are a lot of TT(TTTT)s, and not everyone there is on scholarship. Some people are just really desperate to attend law school and either haven't received sound advice, or don't listen to advice. There are a lot of schools for a reason: people are still willing to pay to go.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Maybe everyone here says it isn't a good investment, but TLS isn't exactly representative of everyone who attends law school. A lot of people feel they can finance their legal education and don't care about accumulating debt. There are a lot of TT(TTTT)s, and not everyone there is on scholarship. Some people are just really desperate to attend law school and either haven't received sound advice, or don't listen to advice. There are a lot of schools for a reason: people are still willing to pay to go.
A sucker is born every minute.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”