Georgia 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
the11111111

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby the11111111 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Seesh all I got was an email and a letter... not feeling the love

Still waiting to hear back from USC but it looking like Ill be at UGA... went there in undergrad so not sure how important it is to go to ASW or the reception.... Any advice

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:44 pm

bartleby wrote:
novab wrote:
Pricer wrote:
bartleby wrote:I got the Georgia decal in my envelope with the acceptance letter. Does this mean no scholarship?

Got the same, don't think it means no scholarship.

The scholarship letter was included in my admit packet (I just received it on Friday)....are others getting their scholarship letters outside of their admit packets?

Noooooooooooooooo

If you look through the past few pages, some people have not received scholarship info for 2-3 weeks after their admit package. I got in 1/25, received my admit package a few days later, and still no scholarship info.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 pm

I am out of state though.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Just looked at LSN... actually surprised that they have dinged so many people. I guess that means those of us who have heard absolutely nothing weren't auto-ding... at the leaaaaassssttt.... /grasping for straws.

dddhhh

Postby dddhhh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Barbie wrote:Just looked at LSN... actually surprised that they have dinged so many people. I guess that means those of us who have heard absolutely nothing weren't auto-ding... at the leaaaaassssttt.... /grasping for straws.

As I was browsing lsn I only saw two ppl that got in with below a 165 LSAT (1st pg only- sorted by most recently updated). Trend?

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:23 pm

You're killing me UGA.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

dddhhh wrote:
Barbie wrote:Just looked at LSN... actually surprised that they have dinged so many people. I guess that means those of us who have heard absolutely nothing weren't auto-ding... at the leaaaaassssttt.... /grasping for straws.

As I was browsing lsn I only saw two ppl that got in with below a 165 LSAT (1st pg only- sorted by most recently updated). Trend?

lol derr. I think they've only admitted auto-admits and rejected auto-dings. They need to get their median, and then they can fill the next 49% of the class with lower LSATs...
I'm sure I'll be dinged anyway, but thats what I'm thinking is going on.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Barbie wrote:
dddhhh wrote:

lol derr. I think they've only admitted auto-admits and rejected auto-dings. They need to get their median, and then they can fill the next 49% of the class with lower LSATs...

I think you're right about that. It took me five days from going complete, and it took my roommate about a week, too. He's 170/3.3ish. We are both over the 75th percentile for LSAT score. Then again, another friend of mine already heard back (admitted) and she had a 163/3.6. We're all in state and went to UGA undergrad, so that might have something to do with it, too.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Pricer wrote:
Barbie wrote:lol derr. I think they've only admitted auto-admits and rejected auto-dings. They need to get their median, and then they can fill the next 49% of the class with lower LSATs...

I think you're right about that. It took me five days from going complete, and it took my roommate about a week, too. He's 170/3.3ish. We are both over the 75th percentile for LSAT score. Then again, another friend of mine already heard back (admitted) and she had a 163/3.6. We're all in state and went to UGA undergrad, so that might have something to do with it, too.

Probably. I'm OOS and have #s that are similar to people who have already been dinged, but I still have my fingers crossed. They haven't dinged me YET so theres something there I guess worth reading.

plug1

Postby plug1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Got my packet today which was pretty much a letter and a decal for my car. No scholarship info. Does anybody know if so far people have gotten scholarship info in their original packet or in a later letter?

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

plug1 wrote:Got my packet today which was pretty much a letter and a decal for my car. No scholarship info. Does anybody know if so far people have gotten scholarship info in their original packet or in a later letter?

Mine came with the initial admit letter and car decal.

novab

Postby novab » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
plug1 wrote:Got my packet today which was pretty much a letter and a decal for my car. No scholarship info. Does anybody know if so far people have gotten scholarship info in their original packet or in a later letter?

Mine came with the initial admit letter and car decal.

+1 (i'm OOS - not sure if that matters...)

ccoons24

Postby ccoons24 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm

It appears as if some people are getting scholarship info with the initial admit letter, and some are getting it in a separate letter up to 3 weeks later. Haven't really found any rhyme or reason as to why.

plug1

Postby plug1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 pm

ccoons24 wrote:

It appears as if some people are getting scholarship info with the initial admit letter, and some are getting it in a separate letter up to 3 weeks later. Haven't really found any rhyme or reason as to why.

Well at least there is still hope for me

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

plug1 wrote:
ccoons24 wrote:

Well at least there is still hope for me

+1

sleepyhead

Postby sleepyhead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm

So if you didn't get a scholarship with the acceptance letter you're not entirely doomed? Also, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how easy it actually is to establish in-state classification for the 2nd and 3rd years. I know it says it is fairly easy to establish in-state residency but does anyone know if it actually is?

novab

Postby novab » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm

sleepyhead wrote:So if you didn't get a scholarship with the acceptance letter you're not entirely doomed? Also, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how easy it actually is to establish in-state classification for the 2nd and 3rd years. I know it says it is fairly easy to establish in-state residency but does anyone know if it actually is?

+1 - would love to know the answer to this question

athenian

Postby athenian » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

novab wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:So if you didn't get a scholarship with the acceptance letter you're not entirely doomed? Also, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how easy it actually is to establish in-state classification for the 2nd and 3rd years. I know it says it is fairly easy to establish in-state residency but does anyone know if it actually is?

File taxes as a Georgia resident, have a driver's license, set up a bill of some kind (cable, water, etc.), register to vote. I don't think you need to register your car, but you might.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Has anyone stalked last years cycle to see when they actually start letting people knowwww who don't have clear cut #s?

edit: Nevermind. Pretty much bad news for anyone who applied early and hasn't already heard. A batch of rejections came out last year around 2/25 and then a HUGE batch of endless waitlists came out early March. Lame.

enida10

Postby enida10 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Barbie wrote:Has anyone stalked last years cycle to see when they actually start letting people knowwww who don't have clear cut #s?

edit: Nevermind. Pretty much bad news for anyone who applied early and hasn't already heard. A batch of rejections came out last year around 2/25 and then a HUGE batch of endless waitlists came out early March. Lame.

I saw the same thing. This is scary. Let's hope this year is (or we are, at least) the exception, not the norm...

*crosses fingers*

eandy

Postby eandy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

athenian wrote:
novab wrote:

File taxes as a Georgia resident, have a driver's license, set up a bill of some kind (cable, water, etc.), register to vote. I don't think you need to register your car, but you might.

You don't have to register a car in GA. However, don't have a car registered in your name in another state. If your parents currently have your car in their name in another state, you can keep it that way.
You will also need a georgia bank account.

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Got my letter and sticker today with no mention of $$. Really hoping they send something out later although the language of the letter kind of made it seem that I wouldn't be getting any help.

Pleasseeeee UGA!

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

UGA I will sign a letter of intent and produce a verbal commitment this moment should you just accept me already

enida10

Postby enida10 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Stonewall wrote:UGA I will sign a letter of intent and produce a verbal commitment this moment should you just accept me already

+1 Me too!

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Visited athens, place is awesome. I can't imagine how nice it will look when the colors come back in spring

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”