Georgia 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:44 pm

kwhiteside wrote:Mind sharing your numbers?

If talking to me, 3.5 / 167 - fairly modest compared to y'all. I'm old with good to great softs so that's what I'm attributing scholly.

PDL
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby PDL » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:55 pm

.
Last edited by PDL on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm

PDL wrote:Received the Tuition Equalization scholarship in the mail today as well. Anyone have any idea if it's possible to receive more $$ on top of that? Or is the in-state tuition rate as low as you can go if you receive that scholarship?

Some people get money on top of that, but not many do. Getting instate is easy in Georgia, so it's a pretty good deal.
If you were going to get more money(without having to ask) it would have likely been included in that letter, as I think that was the deal last cycle. Last year, they ran out of money, so getting more by asking is probably not going to happen.

PDL
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby PDL » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 pm

.
Last edited by PDL on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

beatrock
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby beatrock » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:29 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
beatrock wrote:
How did the notification come? Email? Snail mail?


Snail mail postmarked 12/23. I'm 60 miles away, so probably one of the earlier of this batch.
eandy wrote:Go see Coenen's class if you go outside of ASD. It's probably the best one to see of the list of professors that allow it(though that list hasn't been updated for next semester, he has an open door policy). If anyone wants more detail about who to see/avoid, they can PM.


Thanks for the tip! I'll be pming you. Are classes in session for MLK?


Haha I'm about 3 miles away but I'm home for the break. My mailbox will definitely be my first stop back in Athens

User avatar
fish tacos
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:47 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby fish tacos » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Out of state, got a tuition reduction scholarship in the mail today (one step down from tuition equalization... means I only get one semester of in-state tuition as opposed to two.)

Good luck all.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 am

beatrock wrote:Haha I'm about 3 miles away but I'm home for the break. My mailbox will definitely be my first stop back in Athens


Sounds like a good reason to go back early! Good luck!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby vegenator » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:40 pm

eandy wrote:
PDL wrote:Received the Tuition Equalization scholarship in the mail today as well. Anyone have any idea if it's possible to receive more $$ on top of that? Or is the in-state tuition rate as low as you can go if you receive that scholarship?

Some people get money on top of that, but not many do. Getting instate is easy in Georgia, so it's a pretty good deal.
If you were going to get more money(without having to ask) it would have likely been included in that letter, as I think that was the deal last cycle. Last year, they ran out of money, so getting more by asking is probably not going to happen.


I got the tuition equalization today in the mail and 5k on top of that in the same letter. Looks like on Lsn a few people with 170 lsats got full rides.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby DaveBear07 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 pm

This is killing me--- I want my mail to come in :(

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 pm

I got tution equalization, plus 5k/ year. I can't believe how cheap Georgia is for in state! My state school is Illinois and it's twice as expensive!!
:shock:

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby DaveBear07 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:09 am

Tuition equalization and 7.5k a year here-- very excited to have this option!

spets
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby spets » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Sorry if this doesn't belong, but did you all send in a resume with your application? I don't particularly like how limited the space is on the application for filling in past employment information.

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

spets wrote:Sorry if this doesn't belong, but did you all send in a resume with your application? I don't particularly like how limited the space is on the application for filling in past employment information.


I did.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Ditto for all schools whether requested or not.

spets wrote:Sorry if this doesn't belong, but did you all send in a resume with your application? I don't particularly like how limited the space is on the application for filling in past employment information.

spets
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby spets » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:20 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:Ditto for all schools whether requested or not.


For both of you - did you then bother to fill in the employment spaces (to the best of your ability) or did you just leave it blank? Thanks!
Last edited by spets on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Kchuck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Has anyone in the past been successful with negotiating a tuition reduction scholarship into a tuition equalization scholarship?

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 pm

spets wrote:Sorry if this doesn't belong, but did you all send in a resume with your application? I don't particularly like how limited the space is on the application for filling in past employment information.

Feel free to send it in, they do not care. When career services talked to us in November, they read some of the bad stuff to us for lulz.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08 am

So glad I checked UGA's status today.

1/1 - file was still received but not complete
1/5 - "Your file is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" NICE :)

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:20 am

JJDancer wrote:So glad I checked UGA's status today.

1/1 - file was still received but not complete
1/5 - "Your file is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" NICE :)


When did you apply?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am

Sandro777 wrote:
JJDancer wrote:1/1 - file was still received but not complete
1/5 - "Your file is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" NICE :)

When did you apply?

Pretty recently - 12/22

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
JJDancer wrote:1/1 - file was still received but not complete
1/5 - "Your file is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" NICE :)

When did you apply?

Pretty recently - 12/22


Ah okay - I applied 12/15 so hopefully mine just says incomplete because i emailed them to wait for Dec score.

User avatar
gtjackets530
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby gtjackets530 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:38 pm

spets wrote:For both of you - did you then bother to fill in the employment spaces (to the best of your ability) or did you just leave it blank? Thanks!


I sent in my resume and also filled in the spots for employment on the app. No harm in doing both. I got accepted on 12/7 FWIW.

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

FYI: Copied directly from the admitted student dates to remember page

Admitted Student Open House

March 26, 2011

The Georgia Law Open House for Admitted Students will be held on Saturday, March 26, 2011. A formal invitation with a schedule of events and RSVP information will be sent to admitted students.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Just thought this was weird - LSP has me at 16% Deny with my stats. LSAC's official guide puts me at 55-75%.

Wasn't UGA accepting anyone over 165 last year who had a pulse?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13327
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Just thought this was weird - LSP has me at 16% Deny with my stats. LSAC's official guide puts me at 55-75%.

Wasn't UGA accepting anyone over 165 last year who had a pulse?


I have a 168 and my app was held for further review. I've been accepted to some higher ranked schools, and don't think I made any egregious errors in my app. I think they just don't really like me, apparently my LSAT and pulse aren't enough.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry4bfast, oliviaj_j, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests