Georgia 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 pm

ccoons24 wrote:Oh come on, no need to be rude. There were a few mitigating factors involved there; I'm not completely stupid/lazy

Here is the deal: UGA specifically looks for "nice people." If you can make a compelling case for yourself, you may be ok with a 168 or so. The thing is that UGA seems to be GPA-sensitive. People whose GPAs are poor did not fare too well. I do know people here who had crap GPAs, but they had high LSAT scores. If you are in-state, you have a better shot. Just make sure you apply ASAP, every year UGA runs out of spots pretty quickly. You can see that on LSN pretty easily. So, if you want UGA, and you are getting you score tomorrow, get your stuff together now so you can send it ASAP.
To be honest, you could probably do a little better $$ wise at other schools in the T30-T40 range if your LSAT is significantly higher this time around.

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 pm

eandy wrote:
ccoons24 wrote:Oh come on, no need to be rude. There were a few mitigating factors involved there; I'm not completely stupid/lazy

Here is the deal: UGA specifically looks for "nice people." If you can make a compelling case for yourself, you may be ok with a 168 or so. The thing is that UGA seems to be GPA-sensitive. People whose GPAs are poor did not fare too well. I do know people here who had crap GPAs, but they had high LSAT scores. If you are in-state, you have a better shot. Just make sure you apply ASAP, every year UGA runs out of spots pretty quickly. You can see that on LSN pretty easily. So, if you want UGA, and you are getting you score tomorrow, get your stuff together now so you can send it ASAP.
To be honest, you could probably do a little better $$ wise at other schools in the T30-T40 range if your LSAT is significantly higher this time around.


I'm in-state, and I did talk to some of the guys on the admissions committee this summer after I finally got the reject letter. They acknowledged that a) working full time during undergrad and b) going to Georgia Tech did help with the low GPA.

Application is ready to go, I'm just waiting on that score...competely irrational, since the score is what it is and my knowing it won't change a damn thing, but hey. These things happen. The moment the score comes out, I'll be hitting the "send" button on the application.

I'm really trying to stay in Georgia, so GSU and Mercer are on the list, but I recognize that my numbers are not fantastic, so I've put a couple other schools on there as well. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up at LSU.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 pm

x
Last edited by Sandro on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Sandro777 wrote:so I should make my PS portray me as a "nice" person? Any reasoning behind this or just a thought? lol. I've got a 2.9x and think I need 168 on Oct to be a decent shot at UGA, in state as well.

They really seem to emphasize that when they talk to us for Orientation, ASD, etc. Also, for WL purposes, work experience seemed to be really important and huge factors for the people that got in at the last minute. This year, someone got in on the last day of orientation, and he says he really believes it was because of his good WE.

MichaelB123
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby MichaelB123 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

Hard to say. If I were on the admissions committee, I wouldn't admit someone with that low of a GPA even if they had two cocks.[/quote]

TITCR

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Alright - the application is in and now I wait. Hopefully a 169 will get the job done.

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:40 pm

How long does it normally take before your application goes complete?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:41 pm

serend1pity wrote:How long does it normally take before your application goes complete?


The first time I checked mine I was already under review. So, probably really quickly!

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Barbie wrote:
serend1pity wrote:How long does it normally take before your application goes complete?


The first time I checked mine I was already under review. So, probably really quickly!


Also- I think it depends on a few things. I sent mine in over the weekend and when I checked today it said "We have received your application but it is not complete." I knew I had everything in there, so I called to make sure and she said it was probably because the LSDAS report had not gone through yet and to check back on Friday if nothing had changed.

Now that more applications are starting to go through, I imagine it will start taking longer.

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Ohh, okay. Thanks! I sent my application in over the weekend, too, so hopefully I'm in the same boat.

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 pm

I'll let you know when mine goes complete! :)

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby bergg007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 pm

MichaelB123 wrote:Hard to say. If I were on the admissions committee, I wouldn't admit someone with that low of a GPA even if they had two cocks.


TITCR[/quote]


Did you seriously just bump your own ass-tastic response? there's no need for that and if you look on LSAC on the lawschool admissions profiles,showing here http://officialguide.lsac.org/release/O ... fault.aspx UGA only denied 2 people out of 17 who had low GPAs and high 160's LSATs once you get above the 165 UGA has a 94% acceptance rate as opposed to 28% over all I'd say they've been quite splitter friendly in the past. this year could be different.


If I had two cocks I would totally submit an addendum to brag about it.

beatrock
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby beatrock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Sooo...anyways...decisions start rolling out next week correct?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 pm

beatrock wrote:Sooo...anyways...decisions start rolling out next week correct?


Maybe... maybe not! I think it's pretty likely that they will start to come out in about 2 weeks... and judging from LSN... it won't be decisions-- only acceptances.

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 am

My status checker still says my app is incomplete, but I've received notice from other schools saying they got everything. Time to call UGA again? Don't want some small mishap to hold up my application.

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 am

Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 am

serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


Did you submit before your LSAT score went out? If you waited until the score was posted ... then no, I don't think that is really standard. But if you submitted before your score, then maybe.

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:50 am

Barbie wrote:
serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


Did you submit before your LSAT score went out? If you waited until the score was posted ... then no, I don't think that is really standard. But if you submitted before your score, then maybe.


I sent in my app the day after I got my score. Hm...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

serend1pity wrote:
Barbie wrote:
serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


Did you submit before your LSAT score went out? If you waited until the score was posted ... then no, I don't think that is really standard. But if you submitted before your score, then maybe.


I sent in my app the day after I got my score. Hm...


Strange.. I was under the impression that your LSAT score was sent along with everything else LSAC sends over-- your transcripts, GPA summary report, etc. I don't know why they would have seperated them...

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 am

Barbie wrote:
serend1pity wrote:
Barbie wrote:
serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


Did you submit before your LSAT score went out? If you waited until the score was posted ... then no, I don't think that is really standard. But if you submitted before your score, then maybe.


I sent in my app the day after I got my score. Hm...


Strange.. I was under the impression that your LSAT score was sent along with everything else LSAC sends over-- your transcripts, GPA summary report, etc. I don't know why they would have seperated them...


Haha, me neither. I'm going to call LSAC later today and see what's up.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Takes 30 days to send your LSAT score? What??? Thats not right.... lol

uwgbluedevil
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby uwgbluedevil » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 pm

what would you say my chances are as an in-state with a 3.1, 163 and pretty solid softs?

sknowl01
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby sknowl01 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 pm

serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


For some reason UGA is the only school LSAC has not sent an updated score report to out of the schools on my list. The only response I have gotten about the matter is that "it is in the que".

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby eandy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:33 pm

uwgbluedevil wrote:what would you say my chances are as an in-state with a 3.1, 163 and pretty solid softs?

Not good unless you are URM.

serend1pity
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby serend1pity » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:21 am

sknowl01 wrote:
serend1pity wrote:Yeahh, my status says the same thing. I just called the admissions office and she told me it was because LSAC hasn't sent in my LSAT score yet, and that the process usually takes about 30 days. Is that pretty standard?


For some reason UGA is the only school LSAC has not sent an updated score report to out of the schools on my list. The only response I have gotten about the matter is that "it is in the que".


Actually, I have the same issue and I applied back on 10/30. When I called LSAC about it, they said that from what they're seeing, they've already sent out the report and UGA should have access to it. The fact that my account says they still haven't generated a report could just be a technical glitch or some updating issue (or so they say).

For those who applied after 10/30, have any of your applications gone under review?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 4 guests