Georgia 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby athenian » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 pm

bergg007 wrote:
JakeL wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
JakeL wrote:I just checked my status and it said admitted. yay! I am oos FWIW.


Congrats! I e-stalked your stats, did you have any awesome softs or anything? I'm very close to you numbers wise so its always good to see splitters get in.


I think they are solid. 2.5 yrs public service in the legal field and I started a non-profit.



you give me tons of hope. thank you sir, even if I eventually get rejected, your 3.0 and 166 gave my 2.9 and 167 a great moment of hope.



I'm in the splitter boat as well. 2.93 and a 169.

I've got great softs though... unique job, started a non-profit, executive at another non-profit, worked for a law firm.
Last edited by athenian on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby kak5n » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 pm

In via status update! 4.0/169, Applied 10/18, Under Review 11/4, Admitted 12/15

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 pm

you splitters with good softs BE GONE!!!

User avatar
plug1
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby plug1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm

kak5n wrote:In via status update! 4.0/169, Applied 10/18, Under Review 11/4, Admitted 12/15


Did it just change today or did you find out a couple of days ago?

User avatar
inchristalone
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby inchristalone » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 pm

"Your application has been reviewed and is being held for further review."

I guess this means I got WL'ed?

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm

inchristalone wrote:"Your application has been reviewed and is being held for further review."

I guess this means I got WL'ed?


Nope, they would tell you if you were wait-listed. It just means you probably have another month or two of waiting for a decision.

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby kak5n » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 pm

plug1 wrote:
kak5n wrote:In via status update! 4.0/169, Applied 10/18, Under Review 11/4, Admitted 12/15


Did it just change today or did you find out a couple of days ago?

Just changed today because I checked yesterday and it hadn't changed

User avatar
plug1
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby plug1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:35 pm

kak5n wrote:
plug1 wrote:
kak5n wrote:In via status update! 4.0/169, Applied 10/18, Under Review 11/4, Admitted 12/15


Did it just change today or did you find out a couple of days ago?

Just changed today because I checked yesterday and it hadn't changed


Congrats - I wish I was in your shoes. Still waiting anxiously. Do you mind sharing when you applied and whether or not you are a Georgia resident?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13326
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:51 pm

inchristalone wrote:"Your application has been reviewed and is being held for further review."

I guess this means I got WL'ed?


I got this too. GPA > median, LSAT > 75th
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Question:

My LSAC report was sent on 12/2 and I have yet to receive any confirmation from the UGA staff. How long did it take you folks to receive some correspondence and/or status checker stuff?

Thanks.

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Capitalist wrote:Question:

My LSAC report was sent on 12/2 and I have yet to receive any confirmation from the UGA staff. How long did it take you folks to receive some correspondence and/or status checker stuff?

Thanks.


A little over a week for me.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 pm

From LSN, it looks like UGA is srsly trying to up their medians. They're staying around 166-167 for non-URMs

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitalist » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:31 pm

pokerlaw wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Question:

My LSAC report was sent on 12/2 and I have yet to receive any confirmation from the UGA staff. How long did it take you folks to receive some correspondence and/or status checker stuff?

Thanks.


A little over a week for me.


Yikes. Do you think I should email them in case there are any issues with my app?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13326
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Barbie wrote:From LSN, it looks like UGA is srsly trying to up their medians. They're staying around 166-167 for non-URMs


Well then they shouldn't hold my app. :( I'd gladly help raise it...

athenian
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby athenian » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Capitalist wrote:
pokerlaw wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Question:

My LSAC report was sent on 12/2 and I have yet to receive any confirmation from the UGA staff. How long did it take you folks to receive some correspondence and/or status checker stuff?

Thanks.


A little over a week for me.


Yikes. Do you think I should email them in case there are any issues with my app?



You actually sign up for the status checker on their website. Maybe that will give you some information?

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:48 pm

I got an e-mail inviting me to register for the status checker.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13326
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:59 pm

I signed up for the status checker a week or so after submitting, and got an email about twenty minutes later...

alexmcd
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby alexmcd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Barbie wrote:From LSN, it looks like UGA is srsly trying to up their medians. They're staying around 166-167 for non-URMs


I noticed the same thing...

Will it really be possible for them to maintain this level of acceptances though??

Im pretty sure their 75th percentile LSAT is a 165.

Based on last year, almost everyone with a LSAT>164 was in great shape for admission...I cant imagine that they could move that threshold up more than 1 point in a single cycle.

(Full disclosure: I am a UGA grad w/ a 165..and im getting pretty freaked out by how differently the admissions office has handled acceptances thus far)

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby Kchuck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Those that have received their acceptance letter, did you get any scholarship info?

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby kak5n » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:05 pm

plug1 wrote:
kak5n wrote:
plug1 wrote:
kak5n wrote:In via status update! 4.0/169, Applied 10/18, Under Review 11/4, Admitted 12/15


Did it just change today or did you find out a couple of days ago?

Just changed today because I checked yesterday and it hadn't changed


Congrats - I wish I was in your shoes. Still waiting anxiously. Do you mind sharing when you applied and whether or not you are a Georgia resident?

Thanks! I applied 10/18 and I'm not from Georgia

PDL
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby PDL » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

.
Last edited by PDL on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

casualty
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby casualty » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Received my acceptance letter by mail today. Out of state, 3.38/171. They told me what my tuition would be. Does this mean that I won't be getting any merit dough? Has anybody received scholarship information?

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:54 pm

casualty wrote:Received my acceptance letter by mail today. Out of state, 3.38/171. They told me what my tuition would be. Does this mean that I won't be getting any merit dough? Has anybody received scholarship information?


It's my understanding that UGA does not give out scholarship info until February/March

rapstar
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby rapstar » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:42 pm

alexmcd wrote:
Barbie wrote:From LSN, it looks like UGA is srsly trying to up their medians. They're staying around 166-167 for non-URMs


I noticed the same thing...

Will it really be possible for them to maintain this level of acceptances though??

Im pretty sure their 75th percentile LSAT is a 165.

Based on last year, almost everyone with a LSAT>164 was in great shape for admission...I cant imagine that they could move that threshold up more than 1 point in a single cycle.

(Full disclosure: I am a UGA grad w/ a 165..and im getting pretty freaked out by how differently the admissions office has handled acceptances thus far)


Uga's 75th was 166 last year. I think that they will easily get the 165 median this year. The only way I see 166 median being remotely possible is if they have a class of around 200-210 students instead of the 250 they have this year

rapstar
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Postby rapstar » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 pm

casualty wrote:Received my acceptance letter by mail today. Out of state, 3.38/171. They told me what my tuition would be. Does this mean that I won't be getting any merit dough? Has anybody received scholarship information?


Scholarship info didn't come out until later on last year. Don't automatically think you're not getting any money.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, cyclawps, HaveMercy, Long shot hero, stereolove14 and 15 guests