Georgia 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bill Cosby

Bronze

Re: Georgia 2011 Applicants

Post by Bill Cosby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:40 pm

SrLaw wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:How much does in state boost really give for UGA? I need all the boost I can get and have Georgia residency.

In state at UGA = +2 LSAT points (at least)
I hope so.

Signed,
3.4/163

godawgs10

New

Post by godawgs10 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 pm

what do those of you around 164-165 have as your status?

I've been "under review" since early november.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:08 pm

I would love to attend UGA.

Does anyone have any info on scholarships?

plug1

New

Post by plug1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

godawgs10 wrote:what do those of you around 164-165 have as your status?

I've been "under review" since early november.

Yeah same here. 165. It doesn't seem like they've given out too may acceptances so far; so hopefully there will be a flood of them coming out soon

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Dear UGA,

I love you. Call me.

Love,

applicant #1138

P.S. LSAT 167 XOXOXO

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I find it odd that so many people have been "under review" for so long, and I have been "held for further review" since within days after I applied. (11/29). Georgia, you're tricky.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

JenDarby wrote:I find it odd that so many people have been "under review" for so long, and I have been "held for further review" since within days after I applied. (11/29). Georgia, you're tricky.
Anybody under review is just complete.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 pm

didnt UGA get a bunch more seat deposits than they expected last year? Maybe this year they are going slower...

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 pm

bartleby wrote: It is warm there.
Weather is a huge factor for me. 1L should be miserable no matter what, right? Add in frigid weather & static electricity and I think I'd kill myself.
--ImageRemoved--
:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Lets just hope they still toss those tuition equalizer offers at the OOSers.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

bergg007 wrote:Dear UGA,

I love you. Call me.

Love,

applicant #1138

P.S. LSAT 167 XOXOXO
I'm submitting and addendum and all it will say is "LSAT - 167"

alexmcd

New

Post by alexmcd » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 pm

ran12 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:I find it odd that so many people have been "under review" for so long, and I have been "held for further review" since within days after I applied. (11/29). Georgia, you're tricky.
Why do you say this? My status checker went from incomplete to complete to under review

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:02 pm

alexmcd wrote:
ran12 wrote:
Why do you say this? My status checker went from incomplete to complete to under review
There's so many people UR and so few have heard that it's essentially the same thing as being complete. I never remember a complete status, just UR.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ccoons24

New

Post by ccoons24 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 pm

I don't think anyone should be expecting any decisions this week. UGA's been closed the past two days and is slated to stay closed tomorrow/possibly Thursday if the weather doesn't lighten up down here.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:56 am

Yeah, UGA is closed tomorrow. If nothing changes, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the school closed through Friday and pushed the entire semester back a week.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 am

Pricer wrote:Yeah, UGA is closed tomorrow. If nothing changes, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the school closed through Friday and pushed the entire semester back a week.
Wouldnt that interfere with some people's summer plans though? I think there will just be mass make-up classes and no 1L Reading Days etc

cake

New

Post by cake » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 am

Pricer wrote:Yeah, UGA is closed tomorrow. If nothing changes, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the school closed through Friday and pushed the entire semester back a week.
Did you mean today? I don't see anything that says UGA will be closed on Thursday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

UGA is open tomorrow starting at 11am.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

cake wrote:
Did you mean today? I don't see anything that says UGA will be closed on Thursday.
Yeah, I posted it after midnight, but I meant today, Wednesday.
iShotFirst wrote:
Wouldnt that interfere with some people's summer plans though? I think there will just be mass make-up classes and no 1L Reading Days etc
UGA has a lot more to it than the law school. I don't know if law school classes even started this week. I live in Athens (UGA alum) and my roommates are finishing their fifth year in undergrad here right now. It would be hard for them to cut out three class days for all students, so it was being suggested (by the students, definitely not President Michael Adams) that the school be closed all week and just begin classes on Monday as if it was the first day. Other schools, such as LSU (undergrad), do not begin until Monday anyway.
eandy wrote:UGA is open tomorrow starting at 11am.
The roads are becoming much more drivable. Hopefully most of this snow and ice will be gone by tomorrow at 11:00. The only problem is that the lows every night are below 20 degrees, and the high for tomorrow is 36 degrees. It is already back to 30 degrees right now, meaning all the melted snow from today is about to start turning into ice. Downtown has been a lot of fun, though. I like how the weather keeps the students from going to class, but not from going to the bars. My roommates are there now, and now that I've submitted five applications today, I think I will join them soon.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Pricer wrote:
cake wrote:
Yeah, I posted it after midnight, but I meant today, Wednesday.
iShotFirst wrote:
UGA has a lot more to it than the law school. I don't know if law school classes even started this week. I live in Athens (UGA alum) and my roommates are finishing their fifth year in undergrad here right now. It would be hard for them to cut out three class days for all students, so it was being suggested (by the students, definitely not President Michael Adams) that the school be closed all week and just begin classes on Monday as if it was the first day. Other schools, such as LSU (undergrad), do not begin until Monday anyway.
eandy wrote:UGA is open tomorrow starting at 11am.
The roads are becoming much more drivable. Hopefully most of this snow and ice will be gone by tomorrow at 11:00. The only problem is that the lows every night are below 20 degrees, and the high for tomorrow is 36 degrees. It is already back to 30 degrees right now, meaning all the melted snow from today is about to start turning into ice. Downtown has been a lot of fun, though. I like how the weather keeps the students from going to class, but not from going to the bars. My roommates are there now, and now that I've submitted five applications today, I think I will join them soon.

You guys whine too much. I just got 28 inches of snow today in Connecticut. Georgia is a super reach for me, but based on the current weather events I would go at full price. :)

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

jaydizzle wrote: You guys whine too much. I just got 28 inches of snow today in Connecticut. Georgia is a super reach for me, but based on the current weather events I would go at full price. :)
The infrastructure here isn't made for snow and ice like this. They literally shut down everything when it snows a foot, but snow like that is very rare. I don't remember it snowing like this during freshman or sophomore year, but it did happen once junior year. Last year, my senior year, it snowed big once, but not quite on the level as the year before or this year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Pricer wrote:
jaydizzle wrote: You guys whine too much. I just got 28 inches of snow today in Connecticut. Georgia is a super reach for me, but based on the current weather events I would go at full price. :)
The infrastructure here isn't made for snow and ice like this. They literally shut down everything when it snows a foot, but snow like that is very rare. I don't remember it snowing like this during freshman or sophomore year, but it did happen once junior year. Last year, my senior year, it snowed big once, but not quite on the level as the year before or this year.

I know. I always laugh because of going to school in upstate NY and hearing the guys and gals from down south complain. I want some warm weather for a change. It sucked getting rid of all that snow today.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:22 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
Pricer wrote:

I know. I always laugh because of going to school in upstate NY and hearing the guys and gals from down south complain. I want some warm weather for a change. It sucked getting rid of all that snow today.
That is the main reason I didn't apply to Cornell. I am pretty sure I could get in, but I do not know if I could handle T-14 competition in arctic weather. Cold makes me crazy. I have been so restless the past few days.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Pricer wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
Pricer wrote:

That is the main reason I didn't apply to Cornell. I am pretty sure I could get in, but I do not know if I could handle T-14 competition in arctic weather. Cold makes me crazy. I have been so restless the past few days.

I can never make up my mind. I do like snow, but only for a day or so. I love it around Christmas, but after that I do not want it.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 pm

have any sub 3.0 splitters gotten in yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”