WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
achilles
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:34 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
bergg007 wrote:
achilles wrote:keep getting emaills from random law schools, and when i see "admissions" or "school of law" i think it's WashU or Cornell, but no, no. it's mcgeorge and akron and widener. these schools are killllling me.


i feel your pain McGeorge and NIU have been humping my leg for months now.


Scroll to the bottom of these emails... and click on the "unsubscribe" link. Worked for me.


Ah, good point. I hadn't even been opening them, so I will do that now!

I suppose WashU won't be sending acceptance emails on the weekends

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby TurkeyDay » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Hannibal wrote:
TheOcho wrote:
achilles wrote:keep getting emaills from random law schools, and when i see "admissions" or "school of law" i think it's WashU or Cornell, but no, no. it's mcgeorge and akron and widener. these schools are killllling me.



There isn't much worse than getting a sizable package in the mail while waiting for acceptances only to find it's from a school you have not applied to and don't really care to hear from.


I've gotten two separate huge packets from Valparaiso, and each time I briefly got excited that it was something from Vandy.



Haha, my roommate applied for a few dental schools earlier in the year, I applied to the some overlapping law schools, we have the same first name. It sucks!

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby beachbum » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:09 pm

eliekedourie wrote:
beachbum wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Snape wrote:This is the time of year the St. Louis does their auto-admits---then 95% of them withdraw b/c it was really just theri safety and then they do the real admits--kind of a waste of time actually...


Let's hope this is the case!


+1. I'm startin to get a little worried- those with similar stats and similar submit dates have already been accepted...


I'm sure your admit is coming. After all, you got held at UT while I got outright dinged. Have hope.


I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby romothesavior » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:15 pm

beachbum wrote:I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

Seriously, do not worry. I was a virtual auto-admit for WUSTL and I applied early, and I didn't hear back until like mid-January. I still got a really good scholarship. WUSTL can be unpredictable with their waves of applications, but they are pretty predictable in terms of acceptance if you've got the right numbers. Do not worry at this point.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Arbiter213 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
beachbum wrote:I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

Seriously, do not worry. I was a virtual auto-admit for WUSTL and I applied early, and I didn't hear back until like mid-January. I still got a really good scholarship. WUSTL can be unpredictable with their waves of applications, but they are pretty predictable in terms of acceptance if you've got the right numbers. Do not worry at this point.


Does that mean if you get admitted early on you're a lock for $$$$?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JCougar » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
beachbum wrote:I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

Seriously, do not worry. I was a virtual auto-admit for WUSTL and I applied early, and I didn't hear back until like mid-January. I still got a really good scholarship. WUSTL can be unpredictable with their waves of applications, but they are pretty predictable in terms of acceptance if you've got the right numbers. Do not worry at this point.


Does that mean if you get admitted early on you're a lock for $$$$?


That's generally been the case.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Arbiter213 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 pm

JCougar wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
beachbum wrote:I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

Seriously, do not worry. I was a virtual auto-admit for WUSTL and I applied early, and I didn't hear back until like mid-January. I still got a really good scholarship. WUSTL can be unpredictable with their waves of applications, but they are pretty predictable in terms of acceptance if you've got the right numbers. Do not worry at this point.


Does that mean if you get admitted early on you're a lock for $$$$?


That's generally been the case.

:)

<3

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby eliekedourie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:33 pm

JCougar wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
beachbum wrote:I dunno man, I'd say you're definitely the stronger applicant- that Texas thing feels like a fluke. But thanks for the encouragement. I still think I'll get accepted to WUSTL, but I'm wondering what the deal is...

Seriously, do not worry. I was a virtual auto-admit for WUSTL and I applied early, and I didn't hear back until like mid-January. I still got a really good scholarship. WUSTL can be unpredictable with their waves of applications, but they are pretty predictable in terms of acceptance if you've got the right numbers. Do not worry at this point.


Does that mean if you get admitted early on you're a lock for $$$$?


That's generally been the case.


Sounds good to me in the event of a hold at NU.

User avatar
lawandi
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby lawandi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I went in review on 12/2 like lots of other people. But I noticed a lot of 12/2'ers are getting their acceptance emails already. Do you think that means that they'll keep coming on Monday?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby username99 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 am

I have to say I am discouraged. I applied very early and my numbers should make me very competitive at Wash U. Still, I'm only complete. And since the general consensus here indicates that the earlier you get in, the more money you can get, I'm worried.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby romothesavior » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 am

username99 wrote:I have to say I am discouraged. I applied very early and my numbers should make me very competitive at Wash U. Still, I'm only complete. And since the general consensus here indicates that the earlier you get in, the more money you can get, I'm worried.

I don't think that is necessarily true, and if it is, its only because the people accepted early on are the auto-accepts, whereas later batches are mixed. But just because you aren't accepted early on doesn't mean you aren't getting in and getting big money. I know this is a stressful time for you guys, but just breathe and relax. I'm sure you'll be fine.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby The Gentleman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:13 am

Just submitted my app this weekend. Good luck everyone!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby neonx » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 am

I, too, went under review on 12/2, and have not received an e-mail. Fingers crossed.

xqhp82
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby xqhp82 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 am

went complete on 11/11 but never changed to in review.....bad sign??

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 am

neonx wrote:I, too, went under review on 12/2, and have not received an e-mail. Fingers crossed.


Same here. It would be nice to hear back this week.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Submitted my app yesterday. Good luck everybody!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Just got an email with "Saint Louis" in the subject line. Got all excited before I realized it was an email from SLU asking me to apply. >.<

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Just got an email with "Saint Louis" in the subject line. Got all excited before I realized it was an email from SLU asking me to apply. >.<


+1

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Perch » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:35 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Just got an email with "Saint Louis" in the subject line. Got all excited before I realized it was an email from SLU asking me to apply. >.<


+1

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby RTFM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:31 pm

xqhp82 wrote:went complete on 11/11 but never changed to in review.....bad sign??


Went complete on 10/27 and I am still sitting complete. Sigh.

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby username99 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 pm

RTFM wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:went complete on 11/11 but never changed to in review.....bad sign??


Went complete on 10/27 and I am still sitting complete. Sigh.


Same. Frustrating.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby justadude55 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 pm

been UR for a month.

AEM2010
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby AEM2010 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah, i've been under review for almost a month too...

AEM2010
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby AEM2010 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes them to make a decision once they put someone under review? I'm at their median lsat, and well above on gpa...

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 pm

AEM2010 wrote:Does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes them to make a decision once they put someone under review? I'm at their median lsat, and well above on gpa...


It depends, and if this means 167 LSAT, you won't be an auto-admit this year since it seems as though they're trying to bump their median LSAT up to a 168.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707 and 6 guests