WUSTL 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Post by Upton Sinclair » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Ending my TLS hiatus because this was my first acceptance. Received the email today, also being considered for Scholars in Law.

Sent 10/30. Status checker 11/10. Didn't bother checking when I went under review, but it couldn't have been more than a couple days ago.

Congrats to everyone that was accepted and good luck to those still waiting. Hang in there.

ihp12

Bronze

Post by ihp12 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Looking on LSN, it seems WUSTL let people with somewhat lower numbers in their first couple waves (there were quite a few 166s). I wonder if this means they're gunning to up their medians this year (and that poor 166s like me will end up rejected).
Even if this is so, I think that your numbers would only exclude you from the auto-admit list, and not exclude you all together. Not by a long shot.

inchristalone

New

Post by inchristalone » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Just got the acceptance email. Congrats to everyone accepted so far!

itsnotrealme

New

Post by itsnotrealme » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah, me too!
Does anyone know when they will send out the scholarships?
Good luck to everyone!
Upton Sinclair wrote:Ending my TLS hiatus because this was my first acceptance. Received the email today, also being considered for Scholars in Law.

Sent 10/30. Status checker 11/10. Didn't bother checking when I went under review, but it couldn't have been more than a couple days ago.

Congrats to everyone that was accepted and good luck to those still waiting. Hang in there.

ads222

Bronze

Post by ads222 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

congrats, everyone! I got accepted this morning too (after going UR yesterday...? whatever, I'm happy), and I checked the scholarships on the website after seeing I was under consideration for the Law Scholars one.

Apparently, everyone who applies to Wash U is considered for Law Scholars. (http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/pages.aspx?id=74)

But are some people ruled out (and their acceptance letter wouldn't mention it)? Or does every single acceptance letter let the applicant think he/she's a special snowflake under consideration for $?

Probably best answered by someone from a previous cycle, but if anyone has insight, I'd love to know! thanks :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:01 pm

For those who went UR yesterday and got in today, when did you apply?

Snape

Bronze

Post by Snape » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 pm

This is the time of year the St. Louis does their auto-admits---then 95% of them withdraw b/c it was really just theri safety and then they do the real admits--kind of a waste of time actually...

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Snape wrote:This is the time of year the St. Louis does their auto-admits---then 95% of them withdraw b/c it was really just theri safety and then they do the real admits--kind of a waste of time actually...
Let's hope this is the case!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Snape wrote:This is the time of year the St. Louis does their auto-admits---then 95% of them withdraw b/c it was really just theri safety and then they do the real admits--kind of a waste of time actually...
+1. I'm startin to get a little worried- those with similar stats and similar submit dates have already been accepted...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:02 pm

itsnotrealme wrote:Yeah, me too!
Does anyone know when they will send out the scholarships?
Good luck to everyone!
Upton Sinclair wrote:Ending my TLS hiatus because this was my first acceptance. Received the email today, also being considered for Scholars in Law.

Last cycle, the first wave of scholarships came out on 2/25/10.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Is there an admitted student site for WUSTL? I can't log into the "Admitted Student Bulletin Board" that is on their admissions page.

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:00 pm

beachbum wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
+1. I'm startin to get a little worried- those with similar stats and similar submit dates have already been accepted...
I'm sure your admit is coming. After all, you got held at UT while I got outright dinged. Have hope.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 am

In by email today. Yay!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:53 am

Entchen wrote:In by email today. Yay!
Just now?!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:53 am

Congrats!

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:01 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Just now?!
Ha, no, 11:45 am. But wasn't on TLS til now.

achilles

Bronze

Post by achilles » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:27 pm

keep getting emaills from random law schools, and when i see "admissions" or "school of law" i think it's WashU or Cornell, but no, no. it's mcgeorge and akron and widener. these schools are killllling me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:55 pm

achilles wrote:keep getting emaills from random law schools, and when i see "admissions" or "school of law" i think it's WashU or Cornell, but no, no. it's mcgeorge and akron and widener. these schools are killllling me.
Yeah that's brutal... I remember how fun and frustrating the application and acceptance cycle was.

justadude55

Silver

Post by justadude55 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

achilles wrote:keep getting emaills from random law schools, and when i see "admissions" or "school of law" i think it's WashU or Cornell, but no, no. it's mcgeorge and akron and widener. these schools are killllling me.
i feel ur pain. it really is spam. signing up for CRS is a must, but it's wrong these for profit schools which make >90% their $ off convincing naive students to go (not from alumni donations) can pay to get our personal information. what's more egregious is the scholarships they give come with very difficult conditions like you must be top 10% or something. the legitimate schools that give scholarships, say you must have an average above a c or at least a b average (like many schools 20-30). the mcgeorges really just want to trap you. it's almost like if u wanted to buy a gold chain, and by doing so, the gold industry sold your personal information so that sketchy people selling fool's gold could try to dupe you.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 pm

i feel your pain McGeorge and NIU have been humping my leg for months now.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:59 pm

bergg007 wrote:
i feel your pain McGeorge and NIU have been humping my leg for months now.
Scroll to the bottom of these emails... and click on the "unsubscribe" link. Worked for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:50 pm

There isn't much worse than getting a sizable package in the mail while waiting for acceptances only to find it's from a school you have not applied to and don't really care to hear from.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm

TheOcho wrote:

There isn't much worse than getting a sizable package in the mail while waiting for acceptances only to find it's from a school you have not applied to and don't really care to hear from.
I've gotten two separate huge packets from Valparaiso, and each time I briefly got excited that it was something from Vandy.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 pm

My worst was one that said "Congratulations from UDM!!" - I've applied to Maryland and for a split second thought it said "Congratulations from UMD!!"

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Just submitted my application 11/30!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”