WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kswiss1114
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kswiss1114 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:25 pm

I sent a LOCI - 3 paragraphs 1- that I would attend if admitted 2- updates to my file (passed my exit exam for an MA) 3 - the programs that interested me (but kept that short).

Was not able to visit. Called just once, to ask if I could send the LOCI via email.

kswiss1114
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kswiss1114 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Anyone admitted after the first deposit deadline have problems trying to pay their deposit online? Emailed admissions and called a few people and left some messages, but would like to pay it and the Admitted Students Deposit tab is stuck on the "deadline for first deposit has passed"

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby samfii » Wed May 04, 2011 6:06 pm

kswiss1114 wrote:Anyone admitted after the first deposit deadline have problems trying to pay their deposit online? Emailed admissions and called a few people and left some messages, but would like to pay it and the Admitted Students Deposit tab is stuck on the "deadline for first deposit has passed"


I'm having the same problem! Let me know when you figure out how to fix it, I'd like to pay the deposit as well :D

Jeffro
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Jeffro » Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm

samfii wrote:
kswiss1114 wrote:Anyone admitted after the first deposit deadline have problems trying to pay their deposit online? Emailed admissions and called a few people and left some messages, but would like to pay it and the Admitted Students Deposit tab is stuck on the "deadline for first deposit has passed"


I'm having the same problem! Let me know when you figure out how to fix it, I'd like to pay the deposit as well :D

Are they specifically asking for a first deposit? You're in before the second deposit deadline (June 1), and it's reasonably close, maybe they just expect you to pay both at the same time.

kswiss1114
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kswiss1114 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

they updated their website once you let them know your situation. And in my acceptance they gave me exactly 2 weeks to confirm/deny attending - I bet that amount of "consideration time" dwindles as they pull later during the summer

Perplexed Penguin
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Perplexed Penguin » Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Is anyone else that withdrew still waiting for their money back?

mettasutta
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby mettasutta » Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 pm

With a 3.82 GPA, what's the lowest LSAT I'd need in June in order to get off the WL with $?

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby soccerfreak » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

mettasutta wrote:With a 3.82 GPA, what's the lowest LSAT I'd need in June in order to get off the WL with $?

Getting off of a waitlist is such an inexact science that I can't imagine there's a definite answer to that. However, I'd imagine if you get to median and a spot comes open, there can't be anyone else on the WL with those numbers.

klhtq5
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby klhtq5 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Where are most people thinking of living? I know u city is closest, but do some students choose the cwe?

FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FAR262 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Perplexed Penguin wrote:Is anyone else that withdrew still waiting for their money back?


yep

clearfire
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby clearfire » Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 am

FAR262 wrote:
Perplexed Penguin wrote:Is anyone else that withdrew still waiting for their money back?


yep

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FuManChusco » Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm

klhtq5 wrote:Where are most people thinking of living? I know u city is closest, but do some students choose the cwe?


god, it's been a while since I was on TLS. I think CWE is actually the most popular spot for WUSTL law students, if not the loop. it's where I think I'll be next year.

User avatar
HogLife
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby HogLife » Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 am

Yo WLers... any news yet? I realize I'm a bit eager, but with finals over and graduation days away, I have nothing to do but stalk this forum.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Kabuo » Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 am

HogLife wrote:Yo WLers... any news yet? I realize I'm a bit eager, but with finals over and graduation days away, I have nothing to do but stalk this forum.


It's amazing that you only have 11 posts and they all seem to be in threads I frequent. Are you on the WL at UM and WUSTL?

User avatar
HogLife
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby HogLife » Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

Kabuo wrote:
HogLife wrote:Yo WLers... any news yet? I realize I'm a bit eager, but with finals over and graduation days away, I have nothing to do but stalk this forum.


It's amazing that you only have 11 posts and they all seem to be in threads I frequent. Are you on the WL at UM and WUSTL?


Yes, I am! Lol. And Vanderbilt as of yesterday. Damn waitlists...

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Kabuo » Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Well, you beat me at Vandy. They outright rejected me ages ago. GL on this one (and UM as long as you don't take my spot).

czar0914
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby czar0914 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 am

still on the wait list :evil:

User avatar
HogLife
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby HogLife » Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 am

Kabuo wrote:Well, you beat me at Vandy. They outright rejected me ages ago. GL on this one (and UM as long as you don't take my spot).


Thanks! You're in at WashU though, right? I'd say you have me beat. At best, I deserve honorable mention. at least until i debo my way off UM's WL

southerngirl
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby southerngirl » Wed May 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Just got accepted via email today!! Woohoo!

klhtq5
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby klhtq5 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Has anyone started a FB group for our class? If it weren't my job to update FB/Twitter/Linked In I'd offer to do it, but 40hrs/week is too much administration time on FB already...

User avatar
Punisha20
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:56 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Punisha20 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:25 pm

klhtq5 wrote:Has anyone started a FB group for our class? If it weren't my job to update FB/Twitter/Linked In I'd offer to do it, but 40hrs/week is too much administration time on FB already...


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 14580&ap=1

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Deuce » Mon May 23, 2011 2:01 pm

clearfire wrote:
FAR262 wrote:
Perplexed Penguin wrote:Is anyone else that withdrew still waiting for their money back?


yep


Been over three weeks... did they just sort of forget about all this?

User avatar
bouakedojo
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby bouakedojo » Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

.
Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby stratocophic » Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

bouakedojo wrote:Anyone apply to the SNR Denton Summer Program for 0Ls?

Thought it sounded pretty gunnerish, but it might be cool to meet some peeps at the firm and some fellow students before law school starts.
I thought it was at least fairly helpful. It's good to meet people and get settled in early. The guy who runs it is awesome, and you get free dinner every night!

User avatar
samfii
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby samfii » Tue May 24, 2011 6:22 pm

stratocophic wrote:
bouakedojo wrote:Anyone apply to the SNR Denton Summer Program for 0Ls?

Thought it sounded pretty gunnerish, but it might be cool to meet some peeps at the firm and some fellow students before law school starts.
I thought it was at least fairly helpful. It's good to meet people and get settled in early. The guy who runs it is awesome, and you get free dinner every night!


The description of this program said that it was for socioeconomically challenged students, which I dont think I'd have a compelling enough story to qualify for. The program seems super interesting and I'd really love to do it, do you think I should even bother applying?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, Christinabruin, jurisdoctor2020, proteinshake, trohara14 and 30 guests