WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Punisha20

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Punisha20 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Hannibal wrote:
romothesavior wrote: (or an attractive girl, that would be fine as well :lol: ).

Back off my potentials bro

Punisha, I'll either be going to the June housing day or going a little earlier to meet kch, I'm not sure.

Alright, I think I will end up doing the July one. June is a little crazy for me. We'll see what happens though, I will keep you posted if I go in June or not.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 am

Hannibal wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:if you guys want a roommate, don't even bother looking at metro lofts. I also thought parc frontenac was pretty shitty. can't remember any other places.

I hadn't heard of metrolofts, but thanks to you I looked it up and really like the look of it :lol:

What makes it shitty?

ETA: Same goes for parc frontenac

ok so in metro lofts, one of the bedroom walls doesn't go to the ceiling in the 2 bedroom. this keeps it as a loft, but I don't see why anyone would want a room with open walls.

parc frontenac was just underwhelming considering the look of the building and pretentious name. oddly designed apartments with really old carpets. haha.

sdubs

Postby sdubs » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:12 pm

I def want a roommate....hopefully i'll find someone that I'd be friends with not just live well with..... I've been looking at the Dorchester.... anyone know if thats good/bad?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 pm

sdubs wrote:I def want a roommate....hopefully i'll find someone that I'd be friends with not just live well with..... I've been looking at the Dorchester.... anyone know if thats good/bad?

The Dorchester is pretty nice and it is in a good location, but you can probably find something cheaper and maybe even close to AB Hall, especially with a roommate.

camstant

Postby camstant » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:43 pm

sdubs wrote:I def want a roommate....hopefully i'll find someone that I'd be friends with not just live well with..... I've been looking at the Dorchester.... anyone know if thats good/bad?

I've actually heard some really bad things about the place. It's easy enough to avoid spending that much and not have to deal with bs management and bad parking situations to go along with a mediocre apartment. Either way, no reason to spend that much on a place with window a/c

klhtq5

Postby klhtq5 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm

HELP PLEASE! Has anyone else not heard yet? I had my things in before the deadline, have good LSAT scores (>75%) and haven't heard yet! I had to call the admissions at UCLA to get a seat deposit extension. I'm already waitlisted at Vandy, in at BU and UCLA. Please someone give me some comfort!

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:25 pm

klhtq5 wrote:HELP PLEASE! Has anyone else not heard yet? I had my things in before the deadline, have good LSAT scores (>75%) and haven't heard yet! I had to call the admissions at UCLA to get a seat deposit extension. I'm already waitlisted at Vandy, in at BU and UCLA. Please someone give me some comfort!

Have you contacted admissions? If you have >75 LSAT you should have been accepted within two weeks. Im serious.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm

klhtq5 wrote:HELP PLEASE! Has anyone else not heard yet? I had my things in before the deadline, have good LSAT scores (>75%) and haven't heard yet! I had to call the admissions at UCLA to get a seat deposit extension. I'm already waitlisted at Vandy, in at BU and UCLA. Please someone give me some comfort!

Contact admissions and ask them what the deal is. They may not give you an answer right on the spot about what is going on, but they may at least be able to give you a timeframe.

Postby 80884 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 pm

UCLA is a great school.

klhtq5

Postby klhtq5 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:02 pm

I contacted admissions. They looked at my status checker (which I've been stalking for the past three weeks) and told me it was under review. I explained why I was worried and she said she'd email the review board. I just don't want them to get that email and have it negatively affect my chances. I know UCLA is a great school, but most of my family has gone to Wash U for either undergrad or some type of grad school, and also all my family lives in STL, so it'd be nice to get a chance to go there...

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

klhtq5 wrote:I contacted admissions. They looked at my status checker (which I've been stalking for the past three weeks) and told me it was under review. I explained why I was worried and she said she'd email the review board. I just don't want them to get that email and have it negatively affect my chances. I know UCLA is a great school, but most of my family has gone to Wash U for either undergrad or some type of grad school, and also all my family lives in STL, so it'd be nice to get a chance to go there...

If your LSAT is about the 75%ile, I'd guess you'll be fine. You'll probably be in with money (although I'm not an adcomm so I can't say for sure, but that's the typical MO for WUSTL). Just sit tight and hope for the best! It sounds like you'll be hearing an answer soon. Hopefully we'll see you here in the fall.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 pm

klhtq5 wrote:I contacted admissions. They looked at my status checker (which I've been stalking for the past three weeks) and told me it was under review. I explained why I was worried and she said she'd email the review board. I just don't want them to get that email and have it negatively affect my chances. I know UCLA is a great school, but most of my family has gone to Wash U for either undergrad or some type of grad school, and also all my family lives in STL, so it'd be nice to get a chance to go there...

Seriously rooting for you. Good luck.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Someone misplaced your file IMO. Asking in late April for an update when you applied pre deadline wont hurt your chances.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Also if your above 75th percentile and have the GPA to get into UCLA and the UT WL, I'd imagine you are looking at big money from WUSTL (and did you get into any T14s?)

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:20 pm

I don't know if I would worry too much about this negatively affecting your chances. WUSTL is about as realpolitik as it gets regarding admissions. If your numbers help their medians and everything else is on the level, you'll get in, especially if you show interest in the school. They're not going to reject you for asking about your status. I actually think it has a better chance of helping you, since you are showing you are interested.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 pm

When exactly did you apply? I'm in a similar boat, in at UCLA and Wash U, with my family in Saint Louis being the tiebreaker, so I feel ya. With a good LSAT and decent GPA I really am surprised you haven't heard yet. I applied pretty late (Jan 28ish) and heard back in about 2 weeks.

klhtq5

Postby klhtq5 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 am

That's why I've been so confused/worried/sad. I've been watching people who've said they've gotten in with money with similar LSAT and gpa and I'm just looking at my status checker which has said "in review" and has the date march 30 underneath. I really hope I hear soon. I'd love to join you all next fall!!!

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

For those who have withdrawn how long did it take to get the 300 dollar deposit back and by what method did they refund it?

meryl

Postby meryl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm

splitmuch wrote:For those who have withdrawn how long did it take to get the 300 dollar deposit back and by what method did they refund it?

1 day - just put it back on the CC

Naked Dude

Postby Naked Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Withdrawing from the waitlist. Probably going to BU so hopefully that helps someone. Funny isn't it? LSP had me as ADMIT at WUSTL and CONSIDER at BU. Yet I'm in at BU with $$ and waitlisted at WUSTL. Oh well.

clearfire

Postby clearfire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

meryl wrote:
splitmuch wrote:For those who have withdrawn how long did it take to get the 300 dollar deposit back and by what method did they refund it?

Did you withdraw by email? To which address?

Naked Dude

Postby Naked Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:27 pm

clearfire wrote:
meryl wrote:

I lost my WUSTL emails so I just looked it up. admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. Just told them I had already settled at another place and no point in staying on. Which is true--I would've considered WUSTL, but not over BU at this point.

And $300 not applicable to me because I was waitlisted.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Naked Dude wrote:
clearfire wrote:
meryl wrote:

I lost my WUSTL emails so I just looked it up. admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. Just told them I had already settled at another place and no point in staying on. Which is true--I would've considered WUSTL, but not over BU at this point.

And $300 not applicable to me because I was waitlisted.

Don't think the poster was responding to you...

Naked Dude

Postby Naked Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:50 pm

I know he was asking generally to the people who had deposited, just pre-empting a possible question

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm

I just sent them an email to withdraw. Putting a pretty decent amount of money back in the pot-hope it goes to some of you!

Also, for anyone that has withdrawn, did they take your email as enough to satisfy the "in writing" requirement? Or does it have to be snail mailed?

I have to say, withdrawing from that money was tough. And, as you can tell, I am a huge Cardinals fan.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”