WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mettasutta
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby mettasutta » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 pm

2nd under review date today.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby fatduck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 pm

splitmuch wrote:I dont know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but with a 178 I kinda of thought of WUSTL, ND, and GW as my safeties in that I was reasonably sure I would get into one of them with money at WUSTL. If I didn't a second year of WE and the 178 would make NW a good bet next cycle.

I actually got WL at GW and still haven't heard from ND and have a bunch of holds and WLs from T14s. I guess I can just say I could go to my state school for alot cheaper as I'm sure MU is still accepting apps.

i'm really surprised, actually. i got straight in at GW, in with $ at ND, and in with $ at WUSTL, and i've got a worse LSAT and GPA. are you sure something wasn't wrong with your apps/recs?

BBeauty
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby BBeauty » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:23 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
True. :|


so withdraw?


While it would be great if this was how things worked, none of us should really give anyone else any grief over not withdrawing somewhere. The truth is there's no upside for the individual to withdraw, and you never know if you'll have some kind of experience or revelation that makes you want the school you were keeping on the back burner.

And of course the thing about overcommitting is pure speculation.


The WListed people made it seem like the email contained language saying they had overcommittted so I don't think its just speculation. But as the deposit deadline isin 3 days I don't think withdrawing would make much of a difference anyway.



Exact words from email:

"This year, we received applications from a record number of outstanding candidates and we are currently over-committed with our offers of admission. For that reason, the Admissions Committee has placed you on our wait list. "

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:23 pm

fatduck wrote:
splitmuch wrote:I dont know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but with a 178 I kinda of thought of WUSTL, ND, and GW as my safeties in that I was reasonably sure I would get into one of them with money at WUSTL. If I didn't a second year of WE and the 178 would make NW a good bet next cycle.

I actually got WL at GW and still haven't heard from ND and have a bunch of holds and WLs from T14s. I guess I can just say I could go to my state school for alot cheaper as I'm sure MU is still accepting apps.

i'm really surprised, actually. i got straight in at GW, in with $ at ND, and in with $ at WUSTL, and i've got a worse LSAT and GPA. are you sure something wasn't wrong with your apps/recs?


My recs are actually pretty solid. Its possible (but not likely) that I had some typos or something on the GW app, I was already in to Wash U when I got the WL so didn't actually care that much and didn't check.

But I applied late and Im the one guy with a downward grade trend (I switched to a pre med and econ double major and well, science isn't for me). I got 84k from WUSTL so im happy with my worst case scenario, but more is always better.
Last edited by splitmuch on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

0LNewbie wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
kch3684 wrote:I don't have a better scolly offer but I still plan to nicely ask to be considered for an increase should funds become availble after the deposit-can't hurt!


I'd be interested in seeing your wording when you do this, if you don't mind. I want to do the same but not only do I not have a better scholly offer, I don't have another acceptance.


You didn't apply to any safeties? I plan to tell them that I could go to my state uni for waaay cheaper.


Splitters in California don't have any public in state safeties. Unforch.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Hannibal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 pm

BBeauty wrote:
Exact words from email:

"This year, we received applications from a record number of outstanding candidates and we are currently over-committed with our offers of admission. For that reason, the Admissions Committee has placed you on our wait list. "


Yeah, I don't think that says they're over-committed to people that won't be coming. This has been a rough cycle for splitters applying to T14, and a lot of them will likely take the money at WUSTL (ahem).

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby fatduck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm

splitmuch wrote:
fatduck wrote:
splitmuch wrote:I dont know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but with a 178 I kinda of thought of WUSTL, ND, and GW as my safeties in that I was reasonably sure I would get into one of them with money at WUSTL. If I didn't a second year of WE and the 178 would make NW a good bet next cycle.

I actually got WL at GW and still haven't heard from ND and have a bunch of holds and WLs from T14s. I guess I can just say I could go to my state school for alot cheaper as I'm sure MU is still accepting apps.

i'm really surprised, actually. i got straight in at GW, in with $ at ND, and in with $ at WUSTL, and i've got a worse LSAT and GPA. are you sure something wasn't wrong with your apps/recs?


My recs are actually pretty solid. Its possible (but not likely) that I had some typos or something on the GW app, I was already in to Wash U when I got the WL so didn't actually care that much and didn't check.

But I applied late and Im the one guy with a downward grade trend (I switched to a pre med and econ double major and well, science isn't for me). I got 84k from WUSTL so im happy with my worst case scenario, but more is always better.

yea, i guess you just never know with splitters.

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby RTFM » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Has anyone not heard yet? My staus checker says decision made, but no email yet. :?


Me too.

Underground404
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Underground404 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 pm

I was placed on the waitlist this afternoon. Do I still need to submit a deposit by April 1st or do I fall under a different category?

User avatar
jpSartre
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby jpSartre » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Hannibal wrote:
BBeauty wrote:
Exact words from email:

"This year, we received applications from a record number of outstanding candidates and we are currently over-committed with our offers of admission. For that reason, the Admissions Committee has placed you on our wait list. "


Yeah, I don't think that says they're over-committed to people that won't be coming. This has been a rough cycle for splitters applying to T14, and a lot of them will likely take the money at WUSTL (ahem).


credited analysis

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Hannibal wrote:
BBeauty wrote:
Exact words from email:

"This year, we received applications from a record number of outstanding candidates and we are currently over-committed with our offers of admission. For that reason, the Admissions Committee has placed you on our wait list. "


Yeah, I don't think that says they're over-committed to people that won't be coming. This has been a rough cycle for splitters applying to T14, and a lot of them will likely take the money at WUSTL (ahem).



Ahh, I gotcha. In that case... ahem ahem.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Hannibal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if their GPA median goes down a bit because they went too splitter heavy.

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby crit_racer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Hannibal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 pm

crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...


+1. Also it makes me think I'm more likely to be around median, since there will be people who got low GPAs and stay lazy, but also people who are both really smart and have bucked their previous laziness/whatever that blow up the curve.

/end 100% speculation
Last edited by Hannibal on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:15 pm

crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...


I can't speak for the others, but I'm fucking awesome. And humble.

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby crit_racer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm

splitmuch wrote:
crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...


I can't speak for the others, but I'm fucking awesome. And humble.


word lol

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kk19131 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 pm

I think I'll ride out the deposit until May...

the_drake
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby the_drake » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Anybody have any suggestions on a "I really like the idea of t20 more than the sticker cost, so if you don't give me a scholarship I'll be taking my generic splitter profile to another university" letter?

User avatar
coreno16
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby coreno16 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm

crit_racer wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...


I can't speak for the others, but I'm fucking awesome. And humble.


word lol


You guys are pushing me closer and closer to matriculating.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby romothesavior » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Yes we are a splitter-friendly school, but also have a pretty solid GPA median. We aren't all a bunch of lazy splitters! :lol: My (very educated) guess is that WUSTL is putting a lot of emphasis on raising the LSAT median, which is leading to a lot of higher LSATs getting priority, but don't be surprised if some of you reverse splitters or 166-167/high GPA waitlisters get off the WL and get some money too. They may need those higher GPAs down the stretch. Be patient and be active if you're on the WL.

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:13 pm

WL --> WD

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby bbermud » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:07 am

WL 153/3.7

bummer

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Kabuo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am

coreno16 wrote:
crit_racer wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.

I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...


I can't speak for the others, but I'm fucking awesome. And humble.


word lol


You guys are pushing me closer and closer to matriculating.


+1. I really want to want to go to Wash U, but TLS/ATL/bad cycle has made me feel like I'd be an idiot to go this year if they don't bump up my scholarship. I've genuinely hated the whole process of applying to law schools and really just want to go somewhere now. Come on WUSTL, moar $$ plz.

Jeffro
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Jeffro » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 am

Kabuo wrote:+1. I really want to want to go to Wash U, but TLS/ATL/bad cycle has made me feel like I'd be an idiot to go this year if they don't bump up my scholarship. I've genuinely hated the whole process of applying to law schools and really just want to go somewhere now. Come on WUSTL, moar $$ plz.
In reference to ATL, did I miss an article about WUSTL specifically or do you just mean the bad economy, high debt, no jobs stories regarding law schools in general?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JenDarby » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 am

coreno16 wrote:
crit_racer wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
crit_racer wrote:I was wondering how they plan to keep their GPA median up. I thought they would accept reverse splitters, but they're not.
I must say, the fact that WUSTL will have a class made up of so many splitters make me think that my future classmates could be really cool...

I can't speak for the others, but I'm fucking awesome. And humble.

word lol

You guys are pushing me closer and closer to matriculating.

Add me to the list of extremely amazing people who will almost surely be attending. :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, hwwong and 4 guests