WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Justathought

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Okay WUSTL, I'm ready to be rejected already. Let's get this over with.

And don't think adding or removing text from the status check will appease me!

tinlawman

Postby tinlawman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Just checked. IR 3/15. My previous IR date was in early January.

170 LSAT, shitty GPA

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 pm

tinlawman wrote:Just checked. IR 3/15. My previous IR date was in early January.

170 LSAT, shitty GPA

good luck sir. 170/shit got me $75k.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:09 pm

fatduck wrote:
tinlawman wrote:Just checked. IR 3/15. My previous IR date was in early January.

170 LSAT, shitty GPA

good luck sir. 170/shit got me $75k.

170/shit got me 60k

usernamer

Postby usernamer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
usernamer wrote:No action since being put IR 3/11 then 3/14, but seeing this thread at the top gives me hope.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have the same dates and I'm an auto-reject.

Not burst, I'm the same.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 am

FuMan and fatduck, are you guys attending WUSTL?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 pm

romothesavior wrote:FuMan and fatduck, are you guys attending WUSTL?

MQ made a promise on your behalf in GT...I am still very torn between WUSTL and UIUC....

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 pm

JenDarby wrote:

MQ made a promise on your behalf in GT...I am still very torn between WUSTL and UIUC....

Who are MQ and GT? And what was the promise?

*Edit: Just found what you are talking about. He's right, I will! Haha.
Last edited by romothesavior on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Who are MQ and GT? And what was the promise?

:wink:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:21 pm

How much did you get at USC? Where do you want to practice? And I can't remember, have you visited WUSTL yet/do you plan to?

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:24 pm

How is WashU for getting Chicago?

Better/worse/(equal) than/to Illinois?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:How much did you get at USC? Where do you want to practice? And I can't remember, have you visited WUSTL yet/do you plan to?

USC talk is a serious case of jumping the gun, I just went in review after FOUR months, I'm not optimistic. I am from CA but have spent the last few years living in OR/SD/WA due to work. I would prefer CA in the end, but I am pretty open to any region. I haven't visited WUSTL, but would like to.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 pm

kk19131 wrote:How is WashU for getting Chicago?

Better/worse/(equal) than/to Illinois?

Probably about the same. Chicago is our #1 market. We send more students there than anywhere else.

UIUC and WUSTL are peer schools, for all intents and purposes. But St. Louis is a lot more fun than the cornfields. (And I would know... I spent 22 years living in central Illinois!) :lol:

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 pm

JenDarby wrote:

i'm still deciding between WUSTL/GW...i'll probably decide after ASD. i'll also know how much need-based aid i'm getting from GWU by then. if i get in off the georgetown WL i'm probably going, but that's a slim chance.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:29 pm

JenDarby wrote:
romothesavior wrote:How much did you get at USC? Where do you want to practice? And I can't remember, have you visited WUSTL yet/do you plan to?

USC talk is a serious case of jumping the gun, I just went in review after FOUR months, I'm not optimistic. I am from CA but have spent the last few years living in OR/SD/WA due to work. I would prefer CA in the end, but I am pretty open to any region. I haven't visited WUSTL, but would like to.

Well, WUSTL would be WAY cheaper than USC, even if USC were to give you a scholarship. I found your LSN data, and I'd say UIUC and WUSTL are your best options at this point. Living in St. Louis is pretty much the same as Champaign in terms of COL, but St. Louis is a lot more fun and offers more stuff to do.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 pm

fatduck wrote:i'm still deciding between WUSTL/GW...i'll probably decide after ASD. i'll also know how much need-based aid i'm getting from GWU by then. if i get in off the georgetown WL i'm probably going, but that's a slim chance.

If you're as fun IRL as you are on TLS, then I hope you pick WUSTL.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Well, WUSTL would be WAY cheaper than USC, even if USC were to give you a scholarship. I found your LSN data, and I'd say UIUC and WUSTL are your best options at this point. Living in St. Louis is pretty much the same as Champaign in terms of COL, but St. Louis is a lot more fun and offers more stuff to do.

I do have professional ties to CA. For those who really want CA and work for it, does WUSTL have some portability? I'm really not gunning for biglaw, and fortunately WUSTL wouldn't leave me with so much debt that I'd be screwed without it.

ArthurDigbySellers

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:59 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Ditto-Los Angeles is a pit of human refuse. And fatduck, I will be at GW on April 8, and if you're there, I will try my best to figure out who you are

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:00 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Ditto-Los Angeles is a pit of human refuse. And fatduck, I will be at GW on April 8, and if you're there, I will try my best to figure out who you are

i can't make it, sadly :| i visited last week instead, did a tour, etc.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 pm

sitting on a waitlist at GW and pending at 3 others. I can basically eliminate GW because of debt though. I'll definitely have a more formed opinion after ASD. they kind of surprised me with 60k and now I have a decision. wouldn't attend at sticker.

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:55 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

Let me get this straight -- you think St Louis offers more stuff than Los Angeles? A city of 62 square miles and 320,000 people offers more stuff to do than a city of 500 square miles and 3.8 million? Have you been to LA? I hope we don't become classmates.

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 pm

JenDarby wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

I do have professional ties to CA. For those who really want CA and work for it, does WUSTL have some portability? I'm really not gunning for biglaw, and fortunately WUSTL wouldn't leave me with so much debt that I'd be screwed without it.

I've had friends who work at Irell, Latham, Gibson (SF), and Quinn in LA talk to the recruitment partners about Wash U and they've all, more or less, said "not a chance we'll recruit there."

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:59 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

If you went by the tar pits, then yes, you're right. Otherwise, ADS, Keep your ugly fucking goldbricking ass out of my beach community!

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm

snichols16 wrote:Let me get this straight -- you think St Louis offers more stuff than Los Angeles? A city of 62 square miles and 320,000 people offers more stuff to do than a city of 500 square miles and 3.8 million? Have you been to LA? I hope we don't become classmates.

If I'm reading correctly, he's comparing Urbana-Champaign to St. Louis, not LA.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Well yeah, to move out of the target region of a school you're gonna have to network unless you've got awesome grades.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”