WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
denada!
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby denada! » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:17 am

Ok now I'm confused after looking after previous posts concerning the financial aid form. Is this different than the supplemental form on the lsac site when we applied? Or do I need to fill out something else? I looked at it online, but don't want to resubmit something I already did.. Thanks for any help!

duhflavah
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby duhflavah » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:13 am

law4vus wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on whether it will be significantly harder for a 167 splitter to get in compared to last year when nearly everyone on LSN with a 167 was admitted?

It looks like they are really trying to push for that 168 median, but I also heard they did something very similar last year before admitting many of the 167 applicants.


I'm not sure where you heard this from but last year most of my classmates and I were accepted by mid december via e-mail and usb flash drives in the mail (we were 167 splitters/non splitters). Until last year WUSTL accepted splitters with 167's immediately with scholarship offers but this year it appears that our school is pushing for the 168 median. Sorry to inform you but they didn't do something "very similar last year," in terms of pushing for the 168 median and holding off on 167 applicants. Like I stated earlier, 167's were auto admits and among the first wave of applicants to be accepted (I think my date was dec. 12-15?). Either way class of 2013 helped get WUSTL over the hump and ranked 18! I'm excited about the entering class of 2014, I hope you guys have better numbers than us and decide to join Wash. U. It's a terrific school with an amazing facility.

peaches2132
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby peaches2132 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 am

denada! wrote:Ok now I'm confused after looking after previous posts concerning the financial aid form. Is this different than the supplemental form on the lsac site when we applied? Or do I need to fill out something else? I looked at it online, but don't want to resubmit something I already did.. Thanks for any help!


I filled out that form, but then I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they hadn't gotten my financial aid app yet and asked me to submit it ASAP. They included a link to the application on their website. So I just re-did it. It was pretty basic, in my opinion -- if I remember correctly, just sort of like "this is how much it costs, how much money will you need for x,y,z,1,2,3 and then how much do you need in total?"

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby onepass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

Is anyone else under review at 3/8?

I really want my cycle to be over so I can make up my mind. WashU and UPenn are taking too long...

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

onepass wrote:Is anyone else under review at 3/8?

I really want my cycle to be over so I can make up my mind. WashU and UPenn are taking too long...



i am as an auto-reject. best of luck bro.

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby bbermud » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 am

jaydizzle wrote:
onepass wrote:Is anyone else under review at 3/8?

I really want my cycle to be over so I can make up my mind. WashU and UPenn are taking too long...



i am as an auto-reject. best of luck bro.



+1

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:56 am

Wow, my statement didn't even make sense. I think you can tell where I was headed though.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 am

Does anyone think it would be bad to fill out/submit the WUSTL financial aid form if I haven't been accepted, yet? I doubt they would do this, but I just keep imagining them receiving my financial aid form, noticing I haven't been accepted, and then denying me because they think I'm smug for assuming I'll be accepted.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:06 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Does anyone think it would be bad to fill out/submit the WUSTL financial aid form if I haven't been accepted, yet? I doubt they would do this, but I just keep imagining them receiving my financial aid form, noticing I haven't been accepted, and then denying me because they think I'm smug for assuming I'll be accepted.


The School of Law makes admission decisions without regard to any request for financial aid.


I submitted my form prior to acceptance because I wanted to ensure it was in before the March 1st soft deadline and I was accepted. I really wouldn't worry about this at all.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby law4vus » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:49 pm

duhflavah wrote:
law4vus wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on whether it will be significantly harder for a 167 splitter to get in compared to last year when nearly everyone on LSN with a 167 was admitted?

It looks like they are really trying to push for that 168 median, but I also heard they did something very similar last year before admitting many of the 167 applicants.


I'm not sure where you heard this from but last year most of my classmates and I were accepted by mid december via e-mail and usb flash drives in the mail (we were 167 splitters/non splitters). Until last year WUSTL accepted splitters with 167's immediately with scholarship offers but this year it appears that our school is pushing for the 168 median. Sorry to inform you but they didn't do something "very similar last year," in terms of pushing for the 168 median and holding off on 167 applicants. Like I stated earlier, 167's were auto admits and among the first wave of applicants to be accepted (I think my date was dec. 12-15?). Either way class of 2013 helped get WUSTL over the hump and ranked 18! I'm excited about the entering class of 2014, I hope you guys have better numbers than us and decide to join Wash. U. It's a terrific school with an amazing facility.


Yep, taking another look at LSN many of the 167 splitters like myself who applied around when I did got admitted around early February. Someone else in this thread said they did the same thing as this year, but I guess not. Oh well. I wanted WUSTL pretty bad but I guess it isn't happening.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:06 pm

did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?

Perplexed Penguin
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Perplexed Penguin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Has anyone had any luck on scholarship negotiations? I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago and they said that the scholarship committee would re-evaluate my application, but I haven't heard anything since then.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:18 pm

SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Also, anyone who is a 3/14 ----> 3/15 IR. Please post #'s.

167/3.44 here.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm

SrLaw wrote:
SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Also, anyone who is a 3/14 ----> 3/15 IR. Please post #'s.

167/3.44 here.


I assume I fall into this category. Though I didn't check my status on the 14th. In review 3/15. 2.4/164/URM. Expecting a rejection, but don't take that as a bad sign for you! I applied late.

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:21 pm

duhflavah wrote:
law4vus wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on whether it will be significantly harder for a 167 splitter to get in compared to last year when nearly everyone on LSN with a 167 was admitted?

It looks like they are really trying to push for that 168 median, but I also heard they did something very similar last year before admitting many of the 167 applicants.


I'm not sure where you heard this from but last year most of my classmates and I were accepted by mid december via e-mail and usb flash drives in the mail (we were 167 splitters/non splitters). Until last year WUSTL accepted splitters with 167's immediately with scholarship offers but this year it appears that our school is pushing for the 168 median. Sorry to inform you but they didn't do something "very similar last year," in terms of pushing for the 168 median and holding off on 167 applicants. Like I stated earlier, 167's were auto admits and among the first wave of applicants to be accepted (I think my date was dec. 12-15?). Either way class of 2013 helped get WUSTL over the hump and ranked 18! I'm excited about the entering class of 2014, I hope you guys have better numbers than us and decide to join Wash. U. It's a terrific school with an amazing facility.


hmmm, so what does this say about my chances with, say, a 164 and a 4.0 GPA?

f***

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm

SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Can anyone please give me an answer to this?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 pm

SrLaw wrote:
SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Can anyone please give me an answer to this?



No. The scholarships came independent of filling out that form (I assume you mean the "Scholar is Law" award for which everyone is reviewed).

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby rs2004 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:29 pm

SrLaw wrote:
SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Can anyone please give me an answer to this?


you had to complete the fafsa andt he wustl fin aid form to be considered for financial aid. For additional scholarships, it depends on the particular scholarship.
http://law.wustl.edu/financialaid/index.aspx?id=74
http://law.wustl.edu/financialaid/resources.asp

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 pm

SrLaw wrote:
SrLaw wrote:did we have to fill out the fin. aid form to considered for a scholarship?



Can anyone please give me an answer to this?


Not for a merit based one, but dude, look it up.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Any decisions yet?

kblueboi
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby kblueboi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm

2.2 and 169 ... app was sent .... don't really remember ... end of november or 1st week of december ... current status as of 3/15 is 'In Review' ...

i guess i shouldn't be expecting a scholarship offer since it's taking so long.

some of you might be saying 'wow ... 2.2 gpa and he expects a scholly?' ... incredible i know, but u of minn is offering 20K/year so maybe it's a possibility

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm

kblueboi wrote:2.2 and 169 ... app was sent .... don't really remember ... end of november or 1st week of december ... current status as of 3/15 is 'In Review' ...

i guess i shouldn't be expecting a scholarship offer since it's taking so long.

some of you might be saying 'wow ... 2.2 gpa and he expects a scholly?' ... incredible i know, but u of minn is offering 20K/year so maybe it's a possibility



Good, this bodes well for 3/15 applicants. Wash U will not turn away a 169 LSAT.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Justathought » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

SrLaw wrote:
kblueboi wrote:2.2 and 169 ... app was sent .... don't really remember ... end of november or 1st week of december ... current status as of 3/15 is 'In Review' ...

i guess i shouldn't be expecting a scholarship offer since it's taking so long.

some of you might be saying 'wow ... 2.2 gpa and he expects a scholly?' ... incredible i know, but u of minn is offering 20K/year so maybe it's a possibility



Good, this bodes well for 3/15 applicants. Wash U will not turn away a 169 LSAT.


Good, good.

Image





Seriously though, they are going to reject me pretty hard.

User avatar
ArthurDigbySellers
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby ArthurDigbySellers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

SrLaw wrote:
kblueboi wrote:2.2 and 169 ... app was sent .... don't really remember ... end of november or 1st week of december ... current status as of 3/15 is 'In Review' ...

i guess i shouldn't be expecting a scholarship offer since it's taking so long.

some of you might be saying 'wow ... 2.2 gpa and he expects a scholly?' ... incredible i know, but u of minn is offering 20K/year so maybe it's a possibility



Good, this bodes well for 3/15 applicants. Wash U will not turn away a 169 LSAT.


This. Wash U seems like one of the most splitter friendly schools out there. They'll eat up a good LSAT. Delicious.

If they do unitary batches, this bodes well indeed. I'm just shy of their 168 desired median apparently. Should've skipped a grade...

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby snichols16 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

kblueboi wrote:2.2 and 169 ... app was sent .... don't really remember ... end of november or 1st week of december ... current status as of 3/15 is 'In Review' ...

i guess i shouldn't be expecting a scholarship offer since it's taking so long.

some of you might be saying 'wow ... 2.2 gpa and he expects a scholly?' ... incredible i know, but u of minn is offering 20K/year so maybe it's a possibility


Sweet Jesus - a 2.2? Please tell me you drank your body weight in beer everyday while in college.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Cfitz, govlife, laqueredup, Leliana, lillawyer2, longsh0305, LtotheB, mse2020, rizzlebizness, smashbash, ThorB and 37 guests