WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FAR262 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 pm

tropicalpeach wrote:Hey, has anyone (besides the 4.0 gpa people on lsn) gone into review yet with a 167? I've been waiting so patiently but its starting to drive me crazy


Nope, I'm right there with you.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Verity » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread makes me so, so mad at myself for not taking a year off. Looks like I would have gotten a lot more $$$ with my numbers.


What were your numbers and $$$ again Romo? I think I remember you had a 167 and a high 3 gpa but I can't remember.

~3.75 at the time of applying (and a 3.79 at graduation) and a 168. I got 75k, but based on what I've read ITT and seen on LSN, I may have gotten closer to 100k this year.



Tell them you're thinking of transferring to a T14. I've heard of people doing this to negotiate more $$$.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 am

For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?

User avatar
PrayingforHYS
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 pm

I was in review for 2 months before being admitted. Their admissions practices are nearly beyond understanding.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:24 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.


I was 3 weeks from complete to accepted. I think I was in review for like 2 weeks. My guess is that a very large number of decisions for 167 and under lsats will be going out soon.

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby jman77 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

0LNewbie wrote:I was in review for 2 months before being admitted. Their admissions practices are nearly beyond understanding.


Same here. Went UR 12/2 and finally got accepted 2/3. Worth the wait, though.

tazvec
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby tazvec » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.


I was 3 weeks from complete to accepted. I think I was in review for like 2 weeks. My guess is that a very large number of decisions for 167 and under lsats will be going out soon.

The assistant dean of admissions is out of town until monday, so I wouldn't expect much, if any movement until next week. I know they are still sitting on some 168+'s, so 167 and below people may still have some time to wait.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm

tazvec wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.


I was 3 weeks from complete to accepted. I think I was in review for like 2 weeks. My guess is that a very large number of decisions for 167 and under lsats will be going out soon.

The assistant dean of admissions is out of town until monday, so I wouldn't expect much, if any movement until next week. I know they are still sitting on some 168+'s, so 167 and below people may still have some time to wait.


Seems reasonable. Just looking at LSN you can tell they clumped a lot of high lsats together, so I expect them to move on to other candidates in the near future. Didn't know that about the dean though.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm

tazvec wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.


I was 3 weeks from complete to accepted. I think I was in review for like 2 weeks. My guess is that a very large number of decisions for 167 and under lsats will be going out soon.

The assistant dean of admissions is out of town until monday, so I wouldn't expect much, if any movement until next week. I know they are still sitting on some 168+'s, so 167 and below people may still have some time to wait.


Where did you get the info from? I'm a 167, in review, and I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting too long.

tazvec
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby tazvec » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Where did you get the info from? I'm a 167, in review, and I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting too long.[/quote]
The admissions office.

columbia86
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 pm

tazvec wrote:Where did you get the info from? I'm a 167, in review, and I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting too long.

The admissions office.[/quote]

Thanks for passing that along. :)

tazvec
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby tazvec » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

columbia86 wrote:
tazvec wrote:Where did you get the info from? I'm a 167, in review, and I'm hoping they don't keep me waiting too long.

The admissions office.


Thanks for passing that along. :)[/quote]
NP! Best of luck to everyone IR. Hope monday is the big day!

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JCougar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:This thread makes me so, so mad at myself for not taking a year off. Looks like I would have gotten a lot more $$$ with my numbers.


I would have gotten $60K this year, as opposed to my $30K I got last year. And we would probably have a significantly better OCI.

But, of course, as you know, it was worth the $30K to quit my job early. Actually, it was probably worth a lot more than that. No matter how bad law school gets, working as a peon in Corporate America is 10x worse.

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby chrisbru » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm

JCougar wrote:
I would have gotten $60K this year, as opposed to my $30K I got last year. And we would probably have a significantly better OCI.

But, of course, as you know, it was worth the $30K to quit my job early. Actually, it was probably worth a lot more than that. No matter how bad law school gets, working as a peon in Corporate America is 10x worse.


TITCR. I cannot STAND my current finance job at a fortune 50... Despite the fact that I live in a cool city, make some money, and can be on TLS almost all day. It gets really boring, and is completely dumbing.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread makes me so, so mad at myself for not taking a year off. Looks like I would have gotten a lot more $$$ with my numbers.


I would have gotten $60K this year, as opposed to my $30K I got last year. And we would probably have a significantly better OCI.

But, of course, as you know, it was worth the $30K to quit my job early. Actually, it was probably worth a lot more than that. No matter how bad law school gets, working as a peon in Corporate America is 10x worse.


Couldn't agree more after 5 months of the most menial bullshit work ever. I probably would have paid sticker for anything in the top 30. Obviously, my decision becomes very easy with the $$$ WUSTL is giving out.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby rs2004 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread makes me so, so mad at myself for not taking a year off. Looks like I would have gotten a lot more $$$ with my numbers.


I would have gotten $60K this year, as opposed to my $30K I got last year. And we would probably have a significantly better OCI.

But, of course, as you know, it was worth the $30K to quit my job early. Actually, it was probably worth a lot more than that. No matter how bad law school gets, working as a peon in Corporate America is 10x worse.


Couldn't agree more after 5 months of the most menial bullshit work ever. I probably would have paid sticker for anything in the top 30. Obviously, my decision becomes very easy with the $$$ WUSTL is giving out.


haha i hope you guys never have to do doc review.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This thread makes me so, so mad at myself for not taking a year off. Looks like I would have gotten a lot more $$$ with my numbers.


I would have gotten $60K this year, as opposed to my $30K I got last year. And we would probably have a significantly better OCI.

But, of course, as you know, it was worth the $30K to quit my job early. Actually, it was probably worth a lot more than that. No matter how bad law school gets, working as a peon in Corporate America is 10x worse.


This. 1000 times this. I waited an extra year, and I've hated myself every minute of it.

If it pays off at OCI, though, I guess I'll take it.

User avatar
simontemplar
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby simontemplar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Congrats to everyone admitted/admitted with $$$.

Recently submitted and am in Review as of today. What is the usual timetable for hearing back at this point? (LSAT 168+ GPA 3sh)

I'm really just learning about WUSTL, but I am really impressed with everything I've seen so far. I'd love it if anyone in the know could give me some insight into the program's advantages/disadvantages. I'm wondering if the schools reputation is somewhat like Rice University in Texas...elite, but super small, etc.? Is the school's law firm placement commensurate with its high ranking/are the main markets St. Louis/Chicago? Thanks so much

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:18 pm

simontemplar wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted/admitted with $$$.

Recently submitted and am in Review as of today. What is the usual timetable for hearing back at this point? (LSAT 168+ GPA 3sh)

I'm really just learning about WUSTL, but I am really impressed with everything I've seen so far. I'd love it if anyone in the know could give me some insight into the program's advantages/disadvantages. I'm wondering if the schools reputation is somewhat like Rice University in Texas...elite, but super small, etc.? Is the school's law firm placement commensurate with its high ranking/are the main markets St. Louis/Chicago? Thanks so much


The people in here (especially Romo and JCougar) are really helpful with all of that.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130775

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby ktg808 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
columbia86 wrote:For those of us who are "In Review 2/17," what are the odds that decisions are released today?


I'm 'in review 2/18,' but you have to consider that the 19th+20th was the weekend and the 21st (yesterday) was a holiday, soooo, this is really only the 2nd day they'll be reviewing your file (1st for me, I guess), so I'd say little chance unless you're a very strong applicant.

Someone earlier said they were in review for 3 weeks before being accepted, so...I guess we just sit and wait patiently.


I was 3 weeks from complete to accepted. I think I was in review for like 2 weeks. My guess is that a very large number of decisions for 167 and under lsats will be going out soon.


I was in review for a week, but it took me 3 weeks to get from 'received' to 'complete'. Complete for a week as well. It varies.

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby PomasThynchon » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah. I'm still at complete as of 1/7

User avatar
BlueDevil2007
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby BlueDevil2007 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Complete since 9/29. :(

Keats
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Keats » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 am

Has anyone had success negotiating for scholarship increases this year or in years past? Wondering how receptive WUSTL tends to be to that sort of thing.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby soccerfreak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:55 pm

simontemplar wrote:Congrats to everyone admitted/admitted with $$$.

Recently submitted and am in Review as of today. What is the usual timetable for hearing back at this point? (LSAT 168+ GPA 3sh)

I'm really just learning about WUSTL, but I am really impressed with everything I've seen so far. I'd love it if anyone in the know could give me some insight into the program's advantages/disadvantages. I'm wondering if the schools reputation is somewhat like Rice University in Texas...elite, but super small, etc.? Is the school's law firm placement commensurate with its high ranking/are the main markets St. Louis/Chicago? Thanks so much

Yo really just need to look in the 1L taking questions thread, but just check out the USNWR rankings for undergrad and med schools...yes Wash U is elite in every sense of the word. Also at ASD they said that Chicago is the main market, but 80% of grads leave the Midwest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, curry1, Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests