WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JenDarby

Diamond
Posts: 17362
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JenDarby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 pm

krad wrote:That form was annoying, I did it earlier this week. I had to somehow do the math to estimate what my parents contributed to paying for UG and look up all my old loan amounts, blah. I want scholly $$$ :mrgreen:


I didn't take out any loans...I had scholarship money and worked and paid for the rest. SO...I can pretty much just take tuition costs, and fully estimate that stuff, I image, right?

krad

Gold
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby krad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 pm

JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:That form was annoying, I did it earlier this week. I had to somehow do the math to estimate what my parents contributed to paying for UG and look up all my old loan amounts, blah. I want scholly $$$ :mrgreen:


I didn't take out any loans...I had scholarship money and worked and paid for the rest. SO...I can pretty much just take tuition costs, and fully estimate that stuff, I image, right?


That's what I did. I looked up my previous and current loans for more exact amounts. Then I estimated the rest of my parents contrib and my contrib based on tuition and approx costs of everything in UG.

User avatar
Arbiter213

Gold
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 pm

krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:That form was annoying, I did it earlier this week. I had to somehow do the math to estimate what my parents contributed to paying for UG and look up all my old loan amounts, blah. I want scholly $$$ :mrgreen:


I didn't take out any loans...I had scholarship money and worked and paid for the rest. SO...I can pretty much just take tuition costs, and fully estimate that stuff, I image, right?


That's what I did. I looked up my previous and current loans for more exact amounts. Then I estimated the rest of my parents contrib and my contrib based on tuition and approx costs of everything in UG.


I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.

User avatar
JenDarby

Diamond
Posts: 17362
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JenDarby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.

I was just talking to my mom on the phone about this fact!!!

krad

Gold
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby krad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.

I was just talking to my mom on the phone about this fact!!!


Ugh me too, mine was pennies compared to theirs.

User avatar
soccerfreak

Bronze
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby soccerfreak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Only just applied a week ago, 169 3.8. I'm not too worried about acceptance, but I am wondering if/how much a scholarship could be affected by applying this late...?

User avatar
JenDarby

Diamond
Posts: 17362
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JenDarby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm

soccerfreak wrote:Only just applied a week ago, 169 3.8. I'm not too worried about acceptance, but I am wondering if/how much a scholarship could be affected by applying this late...?


Hard to tell, since they haven't given any out yet. I think you will still be just fine with those numbers.

User avatar
NorCalBruin

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby NorCalBruin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:11 pm

NUMBERZ TWIN

soccerfreak wrote:Only just applied a week ago, 169 3.8. I'm not too worried about acceptance, but I am wondering if/how much a scholarship could be affected by applying this late...?

User avatar
soccerfreak

Bronze
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby soccerfreak » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:12 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:NUMBERZ TWIN

soccerfreak wrote:Only just applied a week ago, 169 3.8. I'm not too worried about acceptance, but I am wondering if/how much a scholarship could be affected by applying this late...?

Well then, I'll keep an eye on how your cycle goes :)

User avatar
stratocophic

Gold
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby stratocophic » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm

soccerfreak wrote:Only just applied a week ago, 169 3.8. I'm not too worried about acceptance, but I am wondering if/how much a scholarship could be affected by applying this late...?

You'll be alright. I applied mid/late January and I'm pretty sure it didn't change anything with WU$TL.

Plan2008

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Plan2008 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
krad wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
krad wrote:That form was annoying, I did it earlier this week. I had to somehow do the math to estimate what my parents contributed to paying for UG and look up all my old loan amounts, blah. I want scholly $$$ :mrgreen:


I didn't take out any loans...I had scholarship money and worked and paid for the rest. SO...I can pretty much just take tuition costs, and fully estimate that stuff, I image, right?


That's what I did. I looked up my previous and current loans for more exact amounts. Then I estimated the rest of my parents contrib and my contrib based on tuition and approx costs of everything in UG.


I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.


No, it assumes parents paid all.

User avatar
Arbiter213

Gold
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Plan2008 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.


No, it assumes parents paid all.


Source? That's what makes the most sense but still, assumption, no?

Plan2008

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 am

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Plan2008 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Plan2008 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
I like that "parents contribution and self contribution" was one category. Since I earned 10k, and they contributed 100k, it's both of us! But it obscures who paid what.


No, it assumes parents paid all.


Source? That's what makes the most sense but still, assumption, no?


Joking. No clue.

User avatar
OklahomasOK

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby OklahomasOK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:48 pm

complete 11/12, still waiting for ANY movement.

User avatar
coreno16

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby coreno16 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:03 pm

How long is it taking everyone to go complete? I submitted my app 1/14 and status checker still has me at app received 1/14.

Tullstone

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Tullstone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

My last status update was on 1/5
What exactly does a status update mean anyway? Does that mean that the admissions committee just took a look at my app? or what? lol

User avatar
KingRajesh

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby KingRajesh » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Ugh...

Still App Complete at 12/6.

I'd really enjoy some movement...

username99

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby username99 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:complete 11/12, still waiting for ANY movement.


Same. BS.

User avatar
GoldenGopherHopeful

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Admitted students: The scholarships everyone keeps posting about are MERIT scholarships, right? I assume need-based financial aid decisions are made separately (after March 1?)

onepass

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby onepass » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

KingRajesh wrote:Ugh...

Still App Complete at 12/6.

I'd really enjoy some movement...


I've been complete since 12/2. Wouldn't it be nice if they would at least move us into 2011?

weejonbu

Bronze
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby weejonbu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm

onepass wrote:
KingRajesh wrote:Ugh...

Still App Complete at 12/6.

I'd really enjoy some movement...


I've been complete since 12/2. Wouldn't it be nice if they would at least move us into 2011?


same

User avatar
chihuahua12

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby chihuahua12 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm

weejonbu wrote:
onepass wrote:
KingRajesh wrote:Ugh...

Still App Complete at 12/6.

I'd really enjoy some movement...


I've been complete since 12/2. Wouldn't it be nice if they would at least move us into 2011?


same


Complete since 11/30 :(

User avatar
Flips88

Diamond
Posts: 15246
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Flips88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Does WUSTL not do a UR status? does it just say complete until a decision is made?

JJDancer

Gold
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby JJDancer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Admitted students: The scholarships everyone keeps posting about are MERIT scholarships, right?

yes

User avatar
Verity

Silver
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Postby Verity » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Flips88 wrote:Does WUSTL not do a UR status? does it just say complete until a decision is made?



I've been in review since December, and it says so. Not even really sure if there is any difference, or if it's just some WUSTL ruse.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajm, ApplicationSzn, jman9999, mhmyeah, WaitWaitDontSay and 12 guests