WUSTL 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bdubs

Gold

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Post by bdubs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Muenchen wrote:I HAVE AN UPDATE REGARDING SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS

I just came from the admitted students day today and I heard from the admissions office that awards will be sent out either next week or the week after, so slightly before we were told earlier.

Not taking questions at this time. Too tired.
Sweet, thanks for the update.

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Anyone know any details about when scholarships come out?

Just kidding.

:D

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Jackson Pollock wrote:Anyone know any details about when scholarships come out?

Just kidding.

:D
:? -> :roll:

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Muenchen wrote: :? -> :roll:
Hey, you.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

Probably many people are interested in your ASW, myself included, when you have the time.

Thanks.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Jackson Pollock wrote:
Hey, you.

Probably many people are interested in your ASW, myself included, when you have the time.

Thanks.
Sigh. Request granted. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p3933601

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Muenchen wrote:
Jackson Pollock wrote:
Hey, you.

Thanks.

Sigh. Request granted. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p3933601
Gratzi.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 pm

I just came from the admitted students day today and I heard from the admissions office that awards will be sent out either next week or the week after, so slightly before we were told earlier.

This is fantastical news. You confused me with your name change.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:20 pm

JenDarby wrote:

This is fantastical news. You confused me with your name change.
:) Sorry for the confusion JD, but it was time for a little more inconspicuous name. But yeah here's hoping for scholarship offers ASAP, and let me know if you have any questions from my visit!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Yay scholarships soon! I want an offer so I can replace Illinois with WUSTL on my list (i.e. please give me $$$$ WUSTL!)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Yay scholarships soon! I want an offer so I can replace Illinois with WUSTL on my list (i.e. please give me $$$$ WUSTL!)
In the same boat. Not feeling Illinois so I'll reject their offer as soon as I get a reasonable offer from WUSTL, assuming that will happen.

Is WUSTL one of the more generous schools with money? on par with Illinois?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

modmx wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:Yay scholarships soon! I want an offer so I can replace Illinois with WUSTL on my list (i.e. please give me $$$$ WUSTL!)
In the same boat. Not feeling Illinois so I'll reject their offer as soon as I get a reasonable offer from WUSTL, assuming that will happen.

Both of them give a lot of money, not sure which one gives more.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, though if I get equal offers and can't bargain either up I'd go with UIUC. COL + I want to practice in Chicago.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Hannibal wrote:
modmx wrote:

Both of them give a lot of money, not sure which one gives more.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, though if I get equal offers and can't bargain either up I'd go with UIUC. COL + I want to practice in Chicago.
I prefer NY, so I assume WUSTL is better than Illinois. Chicago is my second choice.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'm pretty much in the same boat, though if I get equal offers and can't bargain either up I'd go with UIUC. COL + I want to practice in Chicago.
COL?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 pm

cost of living

but St. Louis isn't a NY or LA either

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 pm

modmx wrote:cost of living

but St. Louis isn't a NY or LA either
It's true: college town>Stl>>>NY/LA/Chicago

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Agreed. But I can atleast have sports, nightlife and shopping in St. Louis. Not a big fan of cornfields

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 pm

modmx wrote:Agreed. But I can atleast have sports, nightlife and shopping in St. Louis. Not a big fan of cornfields
Sports are probably bigger in C-U than in STL. And the nightlife is available without rapedanger.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:19 pm

modmx wrote:Agreed. But I can atleast have sports, nightlife and shopping in St. Louis. Not a big fan of cornfields
Oh I totally agree, I was just talking cost of living. I've spent the last 4 years in a college town, right now it would take a lot to choose Urbana/Champaigne over Saint Louis.

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Sports are probably bigger in C-U than in STL. And the nightlife is available without rapedanger.
Sorry man, meant professional sports. Good to know I dont have to drive 2.5 hours each way just to catch a baseball or hockey game.
And the nightlife at Illinois seems too much like my undergrad, secluded campus'. Looking for a change. But to each his own

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Haha as someone who grew up in Stl, I think its classification as abnormally "dangerous" is one of the funniest, most overblown things on TLS.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Haha as someone who grew up in Stl, I think its classification as abnormally "dangerous" is one of the funniest, most overblown things on TLS.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/ap_ ... ous_cities

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Sports are probably bigger in C-U than in STL.
I think this is questionable. St. Louis is the best baseball city in America (the Cardinals are like a form of religion here), and we have three major professional sports teams (Cards, Blues, Rams). Illinois football is a joke, and while Illinois basketball games are fun, they were on the cusp of becoming a consistent national presence a few years ago and instead have become a staple of Big Ten mediocrity. (Damn you to hell, Bruce Weber!)

And I am pretty unbiased about this. Even though I go to WUSTL and love STL, I am a HUGE Illinois fan (I'm wearing an Illini sweatshirt right now, actually). I've been to like 5 hoops games this year and I've had season tix for football for the last few years. But I am just about done spending money on that joke of an athletic department Illinois has, because they piss me off and are adversely affecting my health. :lol:

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Hannibal wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/ap_ ... ous_cities
As another St. Louis native, I would explain the top rating with one of the usual suspects for critical thinking about statistics: misleading means. St. Louis is built up of very high crime areas and very low ones, but when averaged it makes the city as a whole look much worse than it is. I would say that there is not a statistical normal distribution of crime in the city, but it's closer to bimodal.

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Sports are probably bigger in C-U than in STL.
I think this is questionable. St. Louis is the best baseball city in America (the Cardinals are like a form of religion here), and we have three major professional sports teams (Cards, Blues, Rams). Illinois football is a joke, and while Illinois basketball games are fun, they were on the cusp of becoming a consistent national presence a few years ago and instead have become a staple of Big Ten mediocrity. (Damn you to hell, Bruce Weber!)

And I am pretty unbiased about this. Even though I go to WUSTL and love STL, I am a HUGE Illinois fan (I'm wearing an Illini sweatshirt right now, actually). I've been to like 5 hoops games this year and I've had season tix for football for the last few years. But I am just about done spending money on that joke of an athletic department Illinois has, because they piss me off and are adversely affecting my health. :lol:
Just want to take this opportunity to remember 2005, when Chapel Hill thrashed Illinois to clench the NCAA championship. In shitty years like this we have to reflect on past glory to feel good about the future.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 pm

My thing about C-U sports being bigger was more about the sports teams actually being part of the University. I went to a UG with a nonexistent sports department so I would enjoy that part.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”