WUSTL 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Gold

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Post by chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 am

NotImportant wrote:Hard to find a much better place to grow up - in any city - than Kirkwood or Webster.
But STL has suuuuuuuch a high crime rate :lol:

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 am

Bullshit STL is safe. Ive been gping there twice a year since I was born for months on end and I have never been screwed with. I think certain parts of STL are worse than others. The UCity/Loop/Forest Park area is perfectly safe.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 am

chaosnoodlesoup wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
Plan2008 wrote:Any advice for living in STL with a couple of grade school age kids? Where, etc.
If you're willing to drive 25-30 minutes, pretty much all of West County is a really nice area, nice schools, etc.
St. Louis Native here: I'd suggest Webster Groves or Kirkwood, but I am, admittedly, biased.
+1, but both are a bit of a drive. I'd recommend Clayton as well, but it is probably a little more expensive.

I live in the Skinker-DeBalliviere area (only a few blocks from school) and I like it a lot. Maybe not the best place for kids, but I'd recommend it to anyone else.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 am

Tullstone wrote:Bullshit STL is safe. Ive been gping there twice a year since I was born for months on end and I have never been screwed with. I think certain parts of STL are worse than others. The UCity/Loop/Forest Park area is perfectly safe.
Hence the lolface... Sorry, there's no joking/sarcastic font on TLS.

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 am

oh. sry...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GoldenGopherHopeful

New

Post by GoldenGopherHopeful » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am

Does anyone get positive decisions after the end of January? I'm starting to lose hope :(

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Tullstone wrote:Bullshit STL is safe. Ive been gping there twice a year since I was born for months on end and I have never been screwed with. I think certain parts of STL are worse than others. The UCity/Loop/Forest Park area is perfectly safe.
Hence the lolface... Sorry, there's no joking/sarcastic font on TLS.
lol. I got it. I was wondering if I took it the wrong way and you were actually being serious because of everyone's else response.

chaosnoodlesoup

New

Post by chaosnoodlesoup » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Last edited by chaosnoodlesoup on Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Maybe this has been answered lots of times. I was admitted January 18th... but haven't received an admit package yet.

Any idea when I would get an admit package?
Any idea when I would hear about scholarships?

kcoolthnxbye!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GoldenGopherHopeful

New

Post by GoldenGopherHopeful » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Does anyone get positive decisions after the end of January? I'm starting to lose hope :(
BUMP :cry:

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:00 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:Maybe this has been answered lots of times. I was admitted January 18th... but haven't received an admit package yet.

kcoolthnxbye!
I didn't receive anything in the mail for about a month. When I finally did, it was some paperwork and a USB.

Scholarship info is on about every page of this thread, but for you, I will repeat. The budget was originally supposed to be done the first week of Feb, with info to follow. At an ASW they said that scholarship info might come out a week sooner than planned. Basically, soonish.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Does anyone get positive decisions after the end of January? I'm starting to lose hope :(
People trickled in up until March/April last year, patience. Majority of decisions have yet to come out if LSN is any indicator.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

JenDarby wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:Maybe this has been answered lots of times. I was admitted January 18th... but haven't received an admit package yet.

kcoolthnxbye!
I didn't receive anything in the mail for about a month. When I finally did, it was some paperwork and a USB.

Scholarship info is on about every page of this thread, but for you, I will repeat. The budget was originally supposed to be done the first week of Feb, with info to follow. At an ASW they said that scholarship info might come out a week sooner than planned. Basically, soonish.
Than you JD. I couldn't bring myself to physically type out th words.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 pm

The thing is.. we never know what percentage of applicants actually are listed on LSN, or represented on TLS....

Sigh.

Do you guys remember seeing a LSAT-GPA chart that displayed an applicant's chances of acceptance?
Is it just me, or did they remove it from their website?
Last edited by Tullstone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Tullstone wrote:The thing is.. we never know what percentage of applicants actually are listen on LSN, or represented on TLS....

Sigh.

Do you guys remember seeing a LSAT-GPA chart that displayed an applicant's chances of acceptance?
Is it just me, or did they remove it from their website?
Sigh. The amount of cluelessness and noobness ITT makes me sad.

I think you're looking for this,

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/

or this

http://www.hourumd.com/

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Actually, I was referring to WUSTL's website. Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.

I remember the admissions portion of the website having an admissions chart, now I dont see it.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Tullstone wrote:Actually, I was referring to WUSTL's website. Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.

I remember the admissions portion of the website having an admissions chart, now I dont see it.

I know what you're talking about. LSAC, I think, has one on its website under WUSTL's profile.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Verity wrote:
Tullstone wrote:Actually, I was referring to WUSTL's website. Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about.

I know what you're talking about. LSAC, I think, has one on its website under WUSTL's profile.

Hmm.. nope. I guess no one but me remembers that gray chart... I must be crazy.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Verity wrote:

TITCR. LSAC school profiles.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Tullstone wrote:
Verity wrote:

Hmm.. nope. I guess no one but me remembers that gray chart... I must be crazy.
http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC6929.pdf

There. /question

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Yes thats the chart... this was the one that was originally posted on the website. I wonder why they took it down.

I wanted to see that chart again because I remember how weird it was that they grouped the 165-169 scores together, and yet they review the 169s before the 167s, and so on.

Admissions counselors told me that they did not use rolling selection. What do you guys think of that?

I think that they do rollem', just later in the cycle!
Last edited by Tullstone on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Tullstone wrote:Yes thats the chart... this was the one that was originally posted on the website. I wonder why they took it down.
Pretty clear they don't want to discourage people from applying. And FWIW, I've been all over the WUSTL site for a while and I've never seen it on there.

ETA: Which isn't to say it wasn't there. I've just never seen that kind of chart anywhere but LSAC.
Last edited by Muenchen on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purplebulldogs

New

Post by purplebulldogs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Muenchen wrote:
Tullstone wrote:Yes thats the chart... this was the one that was originally posted on the website. I wonder why they took it down.
Pretty clear they don't want to discourage people from applying. And FWIW, I've been all over the WUSTL site for a while and I've never seen it on there.
i know that GW has something like that on their site. it lists GPAs, LSAT score, and percentage of people that got accepted last year. maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

No bud we already found it, but thanks!

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 pm

I wanted to see that chart again because I remember how weird it was that they grouped the 165-169 scores together, and yet they review the 169s before the 167s, and so on.

Admissions counselors told me that they did not use rolling selection. What do you guys think of that?

I think that they do rollem', just later in the cycle!

That's what I was talking about. It's from LSAC's website.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”