WUSTL 2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BHDLaw

Bronze

Re: WUSTL 2011 Cycle

Post by BHDLaw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Went UR 3/4 and just updated to UR 3/14.

EDIT: went complete 11/15

Complete back in November - moved to 3/14 UR....any idea how long after second UR we should expect a decision?

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
agoldst426 wrote:i just noticed on my status checker that there is nothing listed next to degree. . IR 3/3 . is this a bad sign?
Mine says JD next to degree. Not sure if that has any significance though.
It means you look like a smart enough guy and they awarded you a JD and will bill you $200,000. Good luck in the job market.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 pm

ht2988 wrote:complete 12/2, first IR 3/11, second IR 3/14... i dont really care anymore...

+100

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

BHDLaw wrote:

Complete back in November - moved to 3/14 UR....any idea how long after second UR we should expect a decision?
Is 3/14 your first review or second? If it's your second, when was your first? Want to share #s via PM?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:27 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
agoldst426 wrote:i just noticed on my status checker that there is nothing listed next to degree. . IR 3/3 . is this a bad sign?
It means you look like a smart enough guy and they awarded you a JD and will bill you $200,000. Good luck in the job market.
Well aren't I lucky. Though I haven't been accepted yet and I doubt I will which is why I wouldn't read too much into the degree thing yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buchy2009

Bronze

Post by buchy2009 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
BHDLaw wrote:

Is 3/14 your first review or second? If it's your second, when was your first? Want to share #s via PM?
I was: complete 11/29-->IR 3/11--> IR 3/14

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 pm

agoldst426 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
i think mine used to say JD . . waiting for the rejection.
By the way, even though mine says JD, you have MUCH higher numbers than mine, so who knows what it could mean.

pballer

Bronze

Post by pballer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

2.4/167

Complete 1/07, UR 3/11, UR 3/14

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

pballer wrote:2.4/167

Complete 1/07, UR 3/11, UR 3/14
2.9 167 ditto. Do they notify people by e-mail of their rejection or do I have to wait for a physical letter?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pballer

Bronze

Post by pballer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm under the impression that all decisions are rendered via e-mail, but I could be mistaken

waketiger

New

Post by waketiger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Anyone else still enjoying an in review date of 3/8?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 pm

waketiger wrote:Anyone else still enjoying an in review date of 3/8?

Me. I had an in review date on Feb. 28th as well.

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:01 pm

jaydizzle wrote:

we're all probably going to get rejected any way.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

waketiger

New

Post by waketiger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm

bergg007 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:

we're all probably going to get rejected any way.
For me personally, it's almost guaranteed.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Flips88 wrote:Finally went into review. jesus christ. 12/21->3/11
12/6 ---> 3/11 ---> 3/14

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm

I think it's somewhat ironic that there are people out there (on this board even) who have lost interest in WUSTL b/c (1) it's taken too long; or (2) they have better offers / good $ from other places

However, some of these people who have lost interest may still get accepted, while those on the border (me and a few others, lol) will get WL/reject

Yeah, if you've lost interest in WUSTL / you have better offers elsewhere, it would do all of us a huge favor if you withdrew, but I feel like those people paid at least $12 (maybe more if no waiver), so they want to at least know a decision

That's all fair, but it's just ironic that it'll probably cost some people (maybe even a few of us) acceptances. Who knows, maybe those people who end up getting WL'ed get in eventually, but with no $ etc vs. accepted with even a little $

Just an interesting thought.

usernamer

New

Post by usernamer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm

we are all rejected. i am ir 3/11 ----->> 3/14 with an lsat in the very low 160s and an above 3.5 gpa with legacy which allegedly doesnt matter

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:48 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:I think it's somewhat ironic that there are people out there (on this board even) who have lost interest in WUSTL b/c (1) it's taken too long; or (2) they have better offers / good $ from other places

However, some of these people who have lost interest may still get accepted, while those on the border (me and a few others, lol) will get WL/reject

Yeah, if you've lost interest in WUSTL / you have better offers elsewhere, it would do all of us a huge favor if you withdrew, but I feel like those people paid at least $12 (maybe more if no waiver), so they want to at least know a decision

That's all fair, but it's just ironic that it'll probably cost some people (maybe even a few of us) acceptances. Who knows, maybe those people who end up getting WL'ed get in eventually, but with no $ etc vs. accepted with even a little $

Law school is expensive. WUSTL is not my #1, but I'd strongly consider them with good money. I wish everyone the best of luck, and I promise to withdraw as soon as practical considerations allow (if in fact I decide to withdraw).

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:I think it's somewhat ironic that there are people out there (on this board even) who have lost interest in WUSTL b/c (1) it's taken too long; or (2) they have better offers / good $ from other places

This argument is like saying that if someone wants to buy, let's say, ten tomatoes, even if all the tomatoes at the market are rotten, she'll buy ten tomatoes. Just because people drop out of the race doesn't necessarily mean that they'll accept people they normally wouldn't, due to lack of competition.

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Also just realized that the wrong phone number is listed for my day phone. Decisions via email right? That's good...wouldn't want them to call the wrong number and reject me because of it.

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Verity wrote:

This argument is like saying that if someone wants to buy, let's say, ten tomatoes, even if all the tomatoes at the market are rotten, she'll buy ten tomatoes. Just because people drop out of the race doesn't necessarily mean that they'll accept people they normally wouldn't, due to lack of competition.
Very true. But I think both sides have merits. If they are deciding between similarly qualified people, they might choose X over Y, which probably happens all the time. Now, if Y were a superstar, he'd be in regardless. If he were a, ahem, joke, he'd be out regardless. But maybe X and Y are very similarly qualified and they just like X more. And say X withdraws, but now there's no room for Y. I think that's theoretically possible. The question is whether it makes a significant difference, and there are so many variables I don't think it does. A couple dozen considerate posters on TLS isn't going to meaningfully tip the scales, I don't think. We all need to relax. It's frustrating how one of my match schools, which I'm psyched about, is treated as a safety by some of my peers. I just gotta ignore the shitty people and deal with that I guess.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

If someone wants to pay me $12, I'll withdraw :wink:

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 pm

ArthurDigbySellers wrote:
Verity wrote:

Very true. But I think both sides have merits. If they are deciding between similarly qualified people, they might choose X over Y, which probably happens all the time. Now, if Y were a superstar, he'd be in regardless. If he were a, ahem, joke, he'd be out regardless. But maybe X and Y are very similarly qualified and they just like X more. And say X withdraws, but now there's no room for Y. I think that's theoretically possible. The question is whether it makes a significant difference, and there are so many variables I don't think it does. A couple dozen considerate posters on TLS isn't going to meaningfully tip the scales, I don't think. We all need to relax. It's frustrating how one of my match schools, which I'm psyched about, is treated as a safety by some of my peers. I just gotta ignore the shitty people and deal with that I guess.
i was going more for this argument. if you're a "good/great" candidate, you're probably in by now, and if you're a slouch, you've probably already been WL/rejected. But, yeah, maybe they like X over Y for whatever odd reason, and if X withdraws, now there's space for Y

It's not a huge deal, and I'm not urging those who know they don't want WUSTL to withdraw...I just thought it was interesting that it crossed my mind
Last edited by PrayingforHYS on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArthurDigbySellers

Bronze

Post by ArthurDigbySellers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm

I change my mind all the time. I keep oscillating back and forth between the schools I've been admitted to. I could withdraw from WUSTL today and next week beat myself up about it. But yeah, if you're into a T6, just withdraw man, I mean come on...

bergg007

Bronze

Post by bergg007 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:If someone wants to pay me $12, I'll withdraw :wink:

If some one wants to pay me $12 I'll tell you I withdrew. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”