Wake 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NCtoDC

Silver

Re: Wake 2011

Post by NCtoDC » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Relientkate wrote:Just received word that significant other is being stationed somewhere unexpected, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring very late in the game. 162/3.73. Here's to hoping...
Is he being stationed in NC? or will you be living alone and he will be stationed somewhere away from the law school you choose? I only ask because this is likely to be the scenario I am in as well. My husband is going to go active duty in the fall. He is currently in the National Guard. It would be nice to know someone in a similar situation. :-)

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:44 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Relientkate wrote:Just received word that significant other is being stationed somewhere unexpected, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring very late in the game. 162/3.73. Here's to hoping...
Is he being stationed in NC? or will you be living alone and he will be stationed somewhere away from the law school you choose? I only ask because this is likely to be the scenario I am in as well. My husband is going to go active duty in the fall. He is currently in the National Guard. It would be nice to know someone in a similar situation. :-)
The second... we previously thought he'd be stationed in Harrisburg, PA, so I applied to PSU and got a great scholly. Then we received word that he'd be stationed on the D.C. area, so I've been putting all my eggs in the University of Maryland basket. Now, he's going to be at Parris Island, SC, so we're going to have to be living apart. Is that what situation you'll be facing as well? We could have a support group!

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Anyone know the reimbursement policy for Wake's Scholar Days?

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:05 am

modmx wrote:Anyone know the reimbursement policy for Wake's Scholar Days?
Earlier in the thread some people suggested you can get reimbursement once you matriculate, but I called and asked about this last week, they told me they did not do any reimbursement for attending Scholar Days.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Ya, wake forest sets you up with a discount at the hotel and that's it. Better than nothing. What day are you guys going?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

plug1

New

Post by plug1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 pm

modmx wrote:Anyone know the reimbursement policy for Wake's Scholar Days?
I actually called last week and they said the reimburse up to $200 if you matriculate

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Ya, wake forest sets you up with a discount at the hotel and that's it. Better than nothing. What day are you guys going?
yeh a whole 20 bucks, but I'll take it. Looking forward to the 18th

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:31 pm

plug1 wrote:I actually called last week and they said the reimburse up to $200 if you matriculate
Strange. They told me the opposite. It probably wouldn't be the first time an admissions office has been inconsistent with their response! Let's hope you are right though. I will be sure to keep my receipts just in case.
jdemmitt wrote:What day are you guys going?
I just signed up for the 4th. Hope to see some of you guys there!

mez06

Bronze

Post by mez06 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 pm

MattThiessen wrote:
plug1 wrote:I actually called last week and they said the reimburse up to $200 if you matriculate
Strange. They told me the opposite. It probably wouldn't be the first time an admissions office has been inconsistent with their response! Let's hope you are right though. I will be sure to keep my receipts just in case.
I'll be there on the 4th too..perfect way to skip a day of work.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brooksrun

New

Post by brooksrun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 pm

MattThiessen wrote:
I'll also be there the 4th! Are you all planning on staying at the hotel with the school's discount or elsewhere?

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Darn, I am going to be the only person there on the 11th. I am staying at the hotel they recommended. is anyone taking somebody with them?

modmx

Bronze

Post by modmx » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:43 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Darn, I am going to be the only person there on the 11th. I am staying at the hotel they recommended. is anyone taking somebody with them?
I'm thinking about the 11th but no reimbursement? i dont know...

waketiger

New

Post by waketiger » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 pm

brooksrun wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:
I'll also be there the 4th! Are you all planning on staying at the hotel with the school's discount or elsewhere?
Will also be there on the 4th.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

plug1

New

Post by plug1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

I know I said this before, but anyone who wants to go gets some drinks thursday night should PM me and well make it happen

mf980

New

Post by mf980 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Darn, I am going to be the only person there on the 11th. I am staying at the hotel they recommended. is anyone taking somebody with them?
I'm new to the forum (well, as a poster at least), but I will also be there on the 11th and staying in the hotel they offered a discount for. I'm venturing down (from New York) with my family.

I don't know much about the area, so I'm going to use this trip to get an idea of whether or not I would like to live there for the next 3+ years.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 pm

I am going to be there the 4th, but I'm not staying at the discounted hotel. It's still around $90 a night and didn't get that great of reviews. If anyone else is thinking about staying somewhere else use priceline's name your own price. I am paying $45 a night for a pretty good hotel, but it is around a 15 minute drive.

Also, what are you guys planning to wear? The itinerary seems pretty casual (eat, welcome, visit classes, eat, panel).

plt06

New

Post by plt06 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm

waketiger wrote:
brooksrun wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:
Will also be there on the 4th.
+1 Staying at the recommended hotel for the sake of being close to campus.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

plt06

New

Post by plt06 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:13 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I am going to be there the 4th, but I'm not staying at the discounted hotel. It's still around $90 a night and didn't get that great of reviews. If anyone else is thinking about staying somewhere else use priceline's name your own price. I am paying $45 a night for a pretty good hotel, but it is around a 15 minute drive.

Also, what are you guys planning to wear? The itinerary seems pretty casual (eat, welcome, visit classes, eat, panel).
Business casual. Went last year as well and that's what people were wearing.

ladybuglove

New

Post by ladybuglove » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

I just checked my application status on Wake's page and it says "Decision Letter Pending." Did anybody else get this? I've only been "Complete" and "Administrative Review" so far...I'm hoping this is a good thing?!?!

adiaz43

New

Post by adiaz43 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

ladybuglove wrote:I just checked my application status on Wake's page and it says "Decision Letter Pending." Did anybody else get this? I've only been "Complete" and "Administrative Review" so far...I'm hoping this is a good thing?!?!
mine just changed the same way, lets hope it is.

mcgillgrad10

New

Post by mcgillgrad10 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

adiaz43 wrote:
ladybuglove wrote:I just checked my application status on Wake's page and it says "Decision Letter Pending." Did anybody else get this? I've only been "Complete" and "Administrative Review" so far...I'm hoping this is a good thing?!?!
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:33 pm

mcgillgrad10 wrote:
adiaz43 wrote:
+1
+1 OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!

tinlawman

New

Post by tinlawman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
mcgillgrad10 wrote:
adiaz43 wrote:
+1
+1 OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Dates?

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 pm

I went into administrative review on 12/21

SMA22

Bronze

Post by SMA22 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:11 pm