Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Just called... no one answered. Think they've left for the weekend? Or just too busy sending out full ride schollies to everyone posting in this thread? ;)

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Sandro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Too busy accepting me !!! sorry guys :lol:

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:43 pm

snapdragon wrote:Just called... no one answered. Think they've left for the weekend? Or just too busy sending out full ride schollies to everyone posting in this thread? ;)

Try again? Please, please, please, please, please, please?

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

snapdragon wrote:Just called... no one answered. Think they've left for the weekend? Or just too busy sending out full ride schollies to everyone posting in this thread? ;)


Haha the last thing we need is another full scholarship oops email debacle a la last year! lol

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby akili » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Too busy accepting me !!! sorry guys :lol:


wait, Sandro...did you just get in?!

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Just called... no one answered. Think they've left for the weekend? Or just too busy sending out full ride schollies to everyone posting in this thread? ;)

Try again? Please, please, please, please, please, please?


I did.. the official word is Monday. Let us all go home and enjoy our weekends.

I think I will drop by a yoga class this weekend.. this process has me all kinds of tense!

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Sandro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:50 pm

akili wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Too busy accepting me !!! sorry guys :lol:


wait, Sandro...did you just get in?!


No.... :( I dont know whats the deal, beeg007 got in with my same numbersish, ppl have gotten in with lower lsats and my gpa, i'm still sitting at under review.... scary :o

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 pm

P
snapdragon wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Just called... no one answered. Think they've left for the weekend? Or just too busy sending out full ride schollies to everyone posting in this thread? ;)

Try again? Please, please, please, please, please, please?


I did.. the official word is Monday. Let us all go home and enjoy our weekends.

I think I will drop by a yoga class this weekend.. this process has me all kinds of tense!

Damn that sucks, thanks for calling.

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby luckyme » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Damn that sucks, thanks for calling.

+1

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:26 pm

No prob. Let's all do this again on Monday. I'll bring snacks.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby akili » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey at least they are emailing them to us! They won't just SEND them on Monday, we'll GET them on Monday :)

User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby plt06 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Offers came out on January 12th last year (I'm staring at my offer from last year). Weather and Ms. Nutt being out ill for awhile clearly delayed things a bit, but there are similarly ranked schools that are still way behind on admits & scholarships. I think it's pretty cool that Wake gives this much lead time in making a deposit decision. Anyway, the website says that there will be a scholarship open house on Feb 4th. If I get some good news on Monday I'll probably see some of you there!

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby kjadkins » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

plt06 wrote:Offers came out on January 12th last year (I'm staring at my offer from last year). Weather and Ms. Nutt being out ill for awhile clearly delayed things a bit, but there are similarly ranked schools that are still way behind on admits & scholarships. I think it's pretty cool that Wake gives this much lead time in making a deposit decision. Anyway, the website says that there will be a scholarship open house on Feb 4th. If I get some good news on Monday I'll probably see some of you there!


Where did you find the open house information? I've been looking for a calendar on their website but can't find one. I really wanna visit but I was hoping there'd be another open house, I've already missed my friday classes once for a visit, I don't think I can get away with doing it again that soon.

User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby plt06 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:02 pm

kjadkins wrote:
plt06 wrote:Offers came out on January 12th last year (I'm staring at my offer from last year). Weather and Ms. Nutt being out ill for awhile clearly delayed things a bit, but there are similarly ranked schools that are still way behind on admits & scholarships. I think it's pretty cool that Wake gives this much lead time in making a deposit decision. Anyway, the website says that there will be a scholarship open house on Feb 4th. If I get some good news on Monday I'll probably see some of you there!


Where did you find the open house information? I've been looking for a calendar on their website but can't find one. I really wanna visit but I was hoping there'd be another open house, I've already missed my friday classes once for a visit, I don't think I can get away with doing it again that soon.


It's on the main page, but not the calendar for some reason.

http://law.wfu.edu/

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am

Alright people.... who's ready for another day of compulsive inbox refreshing??

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 am

snapdragon wrote:Alright people.... who's ready for another day of compulsive inbox refreshing??


*twiddles thumbs and stares at inbox*

aaaaaaany minute now....

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 am

I haven't read this whole thread, but I believe that last year Wake sent out most of their decisions on Fridays.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby bergg007 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:31 am

ndirish2010 wrote:I haven't read this whole thread, but I believe that last year Wake sent out most of their decisions on Fridays.


FWIW, i was accepted this year on a tuesday. but we're all waiting for possible scholarship stuff anyway.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby kjadkins » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am

bergg007 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I haven't read this whole thread, but I believe that last year Wake sent out most of their decisions on Fridays.


FWIW, i was accepted this year on a tuesday. but we're all waiting for possible scholarship stuff anyway.


So was I.

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby MattThiessen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 am

Come on Wake, show some love!

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 am

It has to be today, right?! If someone called and said they were releasing them on Friday or Monday then....

k123456
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby k123456 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 am

Sure hoping so!!

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 pm

When I called on Friday, they said Monday, so should be today!!

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

So I called the admissions office to ask about my status disappearing (my stats don't traditionally get money), and the girl in the office said that this was completely normal. There was no insinuation of a scholarship. For those of us who had lower numbers and were wondering, I think its probably a clerical thing.

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm just excited to find out if I did(n't) get scholarship so I can narrow down my choices.... anxious!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests