Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AfroThunder1212
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Sending my deposit in this afternoon. Thanks for the last push over the edge guys.

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SteelyDan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:04 pm

If I end up at Wake I'm determined to teach you all to drink REAL beer. We'll start at Foothills Brewing in downtown W-S.

User avatar
DubPoker
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby DubPoker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

SteelyDan wrote:If I end up at Wake I'm determined to teach you all to drink REAL beer. We'll start at Foothills Brewing in downtown W-S.


After ASD me and a couple people went there,

Oh yeah, and I brew my own beer, so if I end up at Wake I'll show YOU some real beer lol

SteelyDan
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SteelyDan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:23 pm

DubPoker wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:If I end up at Wake I'm determined to teach you all to drink REAL beer. We'll start at Foothills Brewing in downtown W-S.


After ASD me and a couple people went there,

Oh yeah, and I brew my own beer, so if I end up at Wake I'll show YOU some real beer lol


Same here. I see a law school homebrewing club in our future!

User avatar
girlonfire
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 pm

ahhhh I can see a lot of good beer-arguments in my future.

Also, someone email the adcoms and tell them to stack all the tlsers into one section ;)

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Thanks jetergrl! Its just so rare to see one of those, I hold out a little more hope for cheap open bars. I really hope the social chair of the SBA can set up a cheap open bar for bar review.

BTW awsome name.


I appreciate that YankeesFan! Are you definitely going to be @ Wake next year? I feel like once I leave my NY safe haven, being a Yankee fan is going to be slightly less popular! Could def use another fan :D

Also, all the TLS'ers in one section sounds rough. Some of us have scholly's to keep!

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby MattThiessen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm

AfroThunder1212 wrote:Sending my deposit in this afternoon. Thanks for the last push over the edge guys.


Afro, are you for real picking Wake for free over a small scholly at Duke? Could you ask Duke to give me your acceptance and scholly? :wink:

.... Wait, they already rejected me. Nevermind. :cry:

User avatar
thatwrites
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby thatwrites » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 pm

SteelyDan wrote:If I end up at Wake I'm determined to teach you all to drink REAL beer. We'll start at Foothills Brewing in downtown W-S.


Yes!!

User avatar
DNAgent
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby DNAgent » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Sounds like we got solutions. Good work team. Anyone willing to bet none of us are sectioned together? Whoever monitors this board for wake probably thinks us trouble makers.


I dunno, I'm pretty sure they slotted all the c/o 2013 troublemakers into Section 1. Just ask around, we're a handful. :mrgreen:

User avatar
girlonfire
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:02 pm

MattThiessen wrote:
AfroThunder1212 wrote:Sending my deposit in this afternoon. Thanks for the last push over the edge guys.


Afro, are you for real picking Wake for free over a small scholly at Duke? Could you ask Duke to give me your acceptance and scholly? :wink:

.... Wait, they already rejected me. Nevermind. :cry:

That's what I would do... /shrug

User avatar
DNAgent
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby DNAgent » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 pm

thatwrites wrote:
Nailjohnj wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:No. J. Demmit


That's what I thought. $300 check made out to J. Demmit. Sent.


I bet that check is going to cause Jenny in admissions to scratch her head


Unless she reads this thread and knows what wiseacres you all are. :D


This.

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:I appreciate that YankeesFan! Are you definitely going to be @ Wake next year? I feel like once I leave my NY safe haven, being a Yankee fan is going to be slightly less popular! Could def use another fan :D


Yep I sent in my deposit last week. And Im sure we won't be the most popular baseball fans around :/

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm

I got half your back guys. I am a Cardinals fan, but my BFF is a yankees fan, so I try not to be a hater. In fact, I have Robinson Cano on my fantasy team. Also, I have never done a fantasy baseball team before. I am doomed.

Sports wise, who ya got?

I like the Utah Jazz, Denver Broncos, and the Cards. I don't care about hockey, and I nominally support Real Salt Lake for soccer.

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Capitals (come from undergrad) and La Univerisad de Chile for soccer.

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:26 pm

YankeesFan wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:I appreciate that YankeesFan! Are you definitely going to be @ Wake next year? I feel like once I leave my NY safe haven, being a Yankee fan is going to be slightly less popular! Could def use another fan :D


Yep I sent in my deposit last week. And Im sure we won't be the most popular baseball fans around :/


We may not be popular but at least we'll be Image

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 pm

WIN!

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Omg, did WF class of 2014 score its first hookup? Boom.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 pm

do you guys REALLY have to be this fun on the day I send my seat deposit to UConn???

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Come on snapdragon, give into peer pressure. Come to Wake.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:39 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I got half your back guys. I am a Cardinals fan, but my BFF is a yankees fan, so I try not to be a hater. In fact, I have Robinson Cano on my fantasy team. Also, I have never done a fantasy baseball team before. I am doomed.

Sports wise, who ya got?

I like the Utah Jazz, Denver Broncos, and the Cards. I don't care about hockey, and I nominally support Real Salt Lake for soccer.


Cardinals, NY Knicks, St. Louis Blues and the Kansas City Chiefs and for soccer: MLS Sporting Kansas City, Premier League Tottenham Hotspur.

User avatar
AfroThunder1212
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Ride the Violent Torpedo of Truth to Wake!

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 pm

snapdragon wrote:do you guys REALLY have to be this fun on the day I send my seat deposit to UConn???


Stop payment. Switch to Wake.

User avatar
nillumin
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby nillumin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:I got half your back guys. I am a Cardinals fan, but my BFF is a yankees fan, so I try not to be a hater. In fact, I have Robinson Cano on my fantasy team. Also, I have never done a fantasy baseball team before. I am doomed.

Sports wise, who ya got?

I like the Utah Jazz, Denver Broncos, and the Cards. I don't care about hockey, and I nominally support Real Salt Lake for soccer.


Cardinals, NY Knicks, St. Louis Blues and the Kansas City Chiefs and for soccer: MLS Sporting Kansas City, Premier League Tottenham Hotspur.



Phillies, Yankees, Eagles, NY Knicks, and I really enjoy college football...it'll be nice to see some ACC action live.

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Omg, did WF class of 2014 score its first hookup? Boom.

:wink:

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm

snapdragon wrote:do you guys REALLY have to be this fun on the day I send my seat deposit to UConn???


Snaps, you have the right to make a fully informed decision. We are awesome. You have now been fully informed. Is there a uconn thread here? Are they half as entertaining as us? Doubtful.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”