Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
amasingama
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby amasingama » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am

NCtoDC wrote:Does anyone know how much or if there is a second seat deposit?


I believe there's a second one of $300 due sometime at the beginning of the summer. A forum from 2009 said that the deposit was due by June 15th, so that might still be the case.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

amasingama wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:Does anyone know how much or if there is a second seat deposit?


I believe there's a second one of $300 due sometime at the beginning of the summer. A forum from 2009 said that the deposit was due by June 15th, so that might still be the case.


Thanks!

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:16 am

FLETCHERS UPDATE

I received an email from the admissions office today about a seat deposit, and I had a couple questions so I emailed them back. One of them was about the Fletcher Scholarship. Apparently they are taking longer than usual and they hope to finalize them by Friday. So keep your fingers crossed.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Those of you attending ASD Friday, are you planning on staying for the moot court competition? I think I might go check out an apartment complex or two in between 2 - 4:30.

User avatar
banjooooo
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby banjooooo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 am

How long were you guys IR before you heard back from Wake? I applied really late (Feb 16th-ish) but have been IR for the last three weeks. I was just wondering how long you guys had to wait. I know, three weeks isn't that long but I've heard back from almost every other school already so I was just curious/worried! According to the LSAC chart they only rejected 1/47 of people in my gpa/lsat range last year, I just really hope I'm not that one person!!

User avatar
denny.crane
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby denny.crane » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am

banjooooo wrote:How long were you guys IR before you heard back from Wake? I applied really late (Feb 16th-ish) but have been IR for the last three weeks. I was just wondering how long you guys had to wait. I know, three weeks isn't that long but I've heard back from almost every other school already so I was just curious/worried! According to the LSAC chart they only rejected 1/47 of people in my gpa/lsat range last year, I just really hope I'm not that one person!!


I applied around January 1, and heard back on February 1. I wouldn't sweat it! Just wait it out. :)

boom_cs
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby boom_cs » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 am

denny.crane wrote:
banjooooo wrote:How long were you guys IR before you heard back from Wake? I applied really late (Feb 16th-ish) but have been IR for the last three weeks. I was just wondering how long you guys had to wait. I know, three weeks isn't that long but I've heard back from almost every other school already so I was just curious/worried! According to the LSAC chart they only rejected 1/47 of people in my gpa/lsat range last year, I just really hope I'm not that one person!!


I applied around January 1, and heard back on February 1. I wouldn't sweat it! Just wait it out. :)


I sent my app in on Feb 7 and heard back on Feb 22. Still waiting on scholarship info.

timduncanformvp
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby timduncanformvp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:00 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Maybe we should start a collective fund to buy a pass in order to get the info, lol.

So, I got my scholarship from another school today, but it is rather punitive, so maybe I will go to Wake...


Bar Statistics (Winter and Summer 2009 administrations)
State where the greatest number of first-time test takers took the bar NC
Bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 92.4% - Medium
Statewide bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 76.8%
Class of 2009 Graduates
Total graduates 152
Graduates known to be employed at graduation 79.6% - Medium
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 90.1% - Low
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Graduation
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 0.0%
Graduates whose employment status is known 100.0%
Graduates known to be employed 79.6%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 1.3%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 18.4%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 0.7%
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Nine Months
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 4.6%
Graduates whose employment status is known 95.4%
Graduates known to be employed 90.1%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 1.3%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 3.3%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 0.7%
Starting Salaries of Graduates Employed Full-time (Class of 2009)
25th percentile private sector starting salary $80,000
Median private sector starting salary $130,000
75th percentile private sector starting salary $160,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information 70%
Median public service starting salary $49,100
Areas of Legal Practice (Class of 2009)
Percent employed in academia 2.0%
Percent employed in business and industry 8.0%
Percent employed in government 7.0%
Percent employed in all judicial clerkships 8.0%
Percent employed in law firms 62.0%
Percent employed in public interest 12.0%
Percent employed in an unknown field 1.0%
Percent employed in a judicial clerkship by an Article III federal judge 2.2%
Employment Location (Class of 2009)
Graduates employed in-state 42%
Graduates employed out-of-state 57.0%
Graduates employed in foreign countries 1%
Number of states where graduates are employed 21
New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) 1.5%
Middle Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA) 14.0%
East North Central (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI) 0.7%
West North Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD) 0.7%
South Atlantic (DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV) 71.3%
East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN) 4.4%
West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX) 3.8%
Pacific (AK, CA, HI, OR, WA) 2.2%
Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY) 0.7%
Employment location unknown 0.0%
Career Services
(Data appear as originally submitted by this school)
Career services operations Our Career Services staff counsels individual students/alumni in their personal job search needs and manages a robust on-campus interview program and resume collection service. We participate in numerous job fairs throughout the U.S. and offer video conferencing for distant employers. Our supportive national alumni network willingly offers job search advice and identifies potential opportunities.
Job Type
Bar admission required/anticipated (e.g., attorney and corporate counsel positions, law clerks, judicial clerks) 93.0%
Bar admission required/anticipated - percent employed in full-time positions 98.4%
J.D. preferred, law degree enhances position (e.g., corporate contracts administrator, alternative dispute resolution specialist, government regulatory analyst, FBI special agent) 4.0%
J.D. preferred - percent employed in full-time positions 80.0%
Professional other (jobs that require professional skills or training but for which a J.D. is neither preferred nor particularly applicable; e.g., accountant, teacher, business manager, nurse) 2.0%
Professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 66.7%
Non-professional other (job that does not require any professional skills or training or is taken on a temporary basis and not viewed as part of a career path) 1.0%
Non-professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 0.0%

* Law School Careers details based on 2010 data

Let me know if you want any other information from the usnews site.

timduncanformvp
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby timduncanformvp » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 pm

For a point of comparison, here are UNC's numbers.

Bar Statistics (Winter and Summer 2009 administrations)
State where the greatest number of first-time test takers took the bar NC
Bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 88.9% - Medium
Statewide bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 76.8%
Class of 2009 Graduates
Total graduates 227
Graduates known to be employed at graduation 65.2% - Low
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 90.7% - Low
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Graduation
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 1.3%
Graduates whose employment status is known 98.7%
Graduates known to be employed 65.2%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 0.9%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 31.7%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 0.9%
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Nine Months
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 2.2%
Graduates whose employment status is known 97.8%
Graduates known to be employed 90.7%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 1.8%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 2.2%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 3.1%
Starting Salaries of Graduates Employed Full-time (Class of 2009)
25th percentile private sector starting salary $87,000
Median private sector starting salary $130,000
75th percentile private sector starting salary $152,500
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information 53%
Median public service starting salary $50,000
Areas of Legal Practice (Class of 2009)
Percent employed in academia 2.0%
Percent employed in business and industry 11.0%
Percent employed in government 9.0%
Percent employed in all judicial clerkships 9.0%
Percent employed in law firms 55.0%
Percent employed in public interest 14.0%
Percent employed in an unknown field 0.0%
Percent employed in a judicial clerkship by an Article III federal judge 5.0%
Employment Location (Class of 2009)
Graduates employed in-state 66%
Graduates employed out-of-state 34.0%
Graduates employed in foreign countries 0%
Number of states where graduates are employed 22
New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) 1.0%
Middle Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA) 7.0%
East North Central (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI) 2.0%
West North Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD) 1.0%
South Atlantic (DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV) 83.0%
East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN) 2.0%
West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX) 1.0%
Pacific (AK, CA, HI, OR, WA) 2.0%
Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY) 1.0%
Employment location unknown 0.0%
Career Services
(Data appear as originally submitted by this school)
Career services operations Career Services provides a comprehensive program designed to assist students & alumni with a wide range of career related activity. It assists in identifying career interests & finding summer & permanent employment. CSO provides counseling, tools, programs, job skills training & other career assistance, coordinates job fairs, hosts on-campus interviews & provides other services for employers.
Job Type
Bar admission required/anticipated (e.g., attorney and corporate counsel positions, law clerks, judicial clerks) 84.0%
Bar admission required/anticipated - percent employed in full-time positions 100.0%
J.D. preferred, law degree enhances position (e.g., corporate contracts administrator, alternative dispute resolution specialist, government regulatory analyst, FBI special agent) 13.0%
J.D. preferred - percent employed in full-time positions 100.0%
Professional other (jobs that require professional skills or training but for which a J.D. is neither preferred nor particularly applicable; e.g., accountant, teacher, business manager, nurse) 3.0%
Professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 100.0%
Non-professional other (job that does not require any professional skills or training or is taken on a temporary basis and not viewed as part of a career path) 0.0%
Non-professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 100.0%


IMO Wake's numbers look significantly better, particularly % employed at graduation and private sector employment (note that UNC's salary data is based on a much smaller percentage of their class and smaller percentage of that group reporting salaries).

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Timduncanformvp, you are my hero.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm

timduncanformvp wrote:
Let me know if you want any other information from the usnews site.


Wow! Thanks :-)

SunnyBee
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SunnyBee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 pm

For those of you interested in communicating to future classmates in a more open fashion, there is now a "Wake Forest Law Class of 2014" FB group

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 pm

In W-S now, had the chance to walk around the athletic complex and the campus and it is beautiful! Looking forward to the accepted student's day tomorrow :)

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:07 pm

So, are we going to try to do a TLS meet up? Are there name tags? Maybe we should all put a dot or a star on our name tags and then we will know who is TLS???? lol

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

NCtoDC wrote:So, are we going to try to do a TLS meet up? Are there name tags? Maybe we should all put a dot or a star on our name tags and then we will know who is TLS???? lol

I vote stars! Lol

mf980
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby mf980 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:27 pm

NCtoDC wrote:So, are we going to try to do a TLS meet up? Are there name tags? Maybe we should all put a dot or a star on our name tags and then we will know who is TLS???? lol


When I went to an admitted students day, the admissions office used a code on the name tags (black dots) to differentiate students for classroom visits.

The plan you suggested might get confusing if they are still doing the dot.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

mf980 wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:So, are we going to try to do a TLS meet up? Are there name tags? Maybe we should all put a dot or a star on our name tags and then we will know who is TLS???? lol


When I went to an admitted students day, the admissions office used a code on the name tags (black dots) to differentiate students for classroom visits.

The plan you suggested might get confusing if they are still doing the dot.


Hmm...yes, thanks for the info. Can we just write TLS on our name tag?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby TheFactor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Everyone just write TLS in black sharpie on your forehead.

Anyone else spending the night here at the Courtyard Marriott in W-S??

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 pm

TheFactor wrote:Everyone just write TLS in black sharpie on your forehead.

Anyone else spending the night here at the Courtyard Marriott in W-S??


hahaha, yeah that would be an easy way to spot each other. I'm leaving my house at 7:30 in the morning to get there.

User avatar
paratrooper06
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby paratrooper06 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm

SunnyBee wrote:For those of you interested in communicating to future classmates in a more open fashion, there is now a "Wake Forest Law Class of 2014" FB group



I couldn't find that FB page...

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby bergg007 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:49 pm

I was really impressed with the Wake Law Admitted students day today. They may have won me over.

SunnyBee
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SunnyBee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:05 pm

paratrooper06 wrote:
SunnyBee wrote:For those of you interested in communicating to future classmates in a more open fashion, there is now a "Wake Forest Law Class of 2014" FB group



I couldn't find that FB page...



It's here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 98709&ap=1

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:05 pm

bergg007 wrote:I was really impressed with the Wake Law Admitted students day today. They may have won me over.


Which class did you go to?

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:55 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
bergg007 wrote:I was really impressed with the Wake Law Admitted students day today. They may have won me over.


Which class did you go to?

I want to Con Law. You?

Put a deposit down @ Crown Polo today... before I even sent my seat deposit lol

FYI for those looking for appts and thinking about Crowne developments: the staff at Crowne Oaks told us it was mostly UG (and frat/sorority types mostly), while Polo is smaller and mostly grad and law students. I went to Crowne Polo after and liked it a lot more. Similar floor plans but it was immediately obvious that it was a lot quieter in that development. Another one of the complexes is where the jocks live but I don't remember which one.

waketiger
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby waketiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:32 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
bergg007 wrote:I was really impressed with the Wake Law Admitted students day today. They may have won me over.


Which class did you go to?

I want to Con Law. You?

Put a deposit down @ Crown Polo today... before I even sent my seat deposit lol

FYI for those looking for appts and thinking about Crowne developments: the staff at Crowne Oaks told us it was mostly UG (and frat/sorority types mostly), while Polo is smaller and mostly grad and law students. I went to Crowne Polo after and liked it a lot more. Similar floor plans but it was immediately obvious that it was a lot quieter in that development. Another one of the complexes is where the jocks live but I don't remember which one.


There isn't a whole lot of difference between Crowne Oaks, Polo and Park. They tend to attract the exact same crowd.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], henryyou and 7 guests