Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jdemmitt

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 pm

wester0 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote: Anyone else get an email today from them?

No, what did it say?

It was an email from an alumni encouraging me to attend wake and if I had questions to ask him. Also a reminder that the seat deposit is due April 1 for 300.

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
wester0 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote: Anyone else get an email today from them?

No, what did it say?

It was an email from an alumni encouraging me to attend wake and if I had questions to ask him. Also a reminder that the seat deposit is due April 1 for 300.

I got the one from the SBA president yesterday. That's probably the same one

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I haven't been getting any emails or anything from Wake after I was accepted in December and got my scholarship in January, makes me feel unwanted :cry:

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Yep. I called to ask about 2 weeks ago. That's what Melanie told me

Does this mean you are not coming to visit?

leidice

Postby leidice » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Yep. I called to ask about 2 weeks ago. That's what Melanie told me

Does this mean you are not coming to visit?

Oh I'm still coming!! I'll be there on Apr 1! I know I'm cutting it super close -- but I'm about 75-80 percent sure I'm going to put down a seat deposit anyway :D

thewarflamingo wrote:I haven't been getting any emails or anything from Wake after I was accepted in December and got my scholarship in January, makes me feel unwanted :cry:

Same! though my dates are about 1.5-2 months behind yours. :(

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Is anyone going to the open house on the 25th?

I'm from philadlephia and just booked my flight in on Thursday...I'm staying 2 nights...I'm looking to get a good feel for the campus/area. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people to hit up a restaurant/bar in the local area one night...

Also would anyone be interested in a round of golf? I'm not very good, but I love to golf....does Wake have a golf course? Or are than any courses in the area that offer discounts?

leidice

Postby leidice » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Does anyone know if they section stack??

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 pm

nillumin wrote:Is anyone going to the open house on the 25th?

I'm from philadlephia and just booked my flight in on Thursday...I'm staying 2 nights...I'm looking to get a good feel for the campus/area. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people to hit up a restaurant/bar in the local area one night...

Also would anyone be interested in a round of golf? I'm not very good, but I love to golf....does Wake have a golf course? Or are than any courses in the area that offer discounts?

I'm not going on the 25th, but I will take you up on the game of golf if we both end up at Wake. I am pretty terrible at golf, but I enjoy it. I know there are quite a few courses close to the school, but I have no idea how good any of them are or if they offer any discounts.

waketiger

Postby waketiger » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 am

nillumin wrote:Is anyone going to the open house on the 25th?

Go to tanglewood (15 minutes from campus off I-40). And Wake does not have a school course.

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 pm

leidice wrote:Does anyone know if they section stack??

Can you clarify your question ?

hurricane10

Postby hurricane10 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:50 pm

jdemmitt wrote:

She meant does Wake place scholarship recipients in the same section so that students will have a higher chance of losing their scholarships after the grading curve. I don't think any school will admit to doing it but there are some that are rumored to do it to free up more scholarship money for the incoming class.

I wonder if any of the current students would know this?

Bulls

Postby Bulls » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:33 pm

hurricane10 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:

She meant does Wake place scholarship recipients in the same section so that students will have a higher chance of losing their scholarships after the grading curve. I don't think any school will admit to doing it but there are some that are rumored to do it to free up more scholarship money for the incoming class.

I wonder if any of the current students would know this?

Seems like just about everyone is receiving some sort of scholarship this year anyway

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 pm

MattThiessen wrote:I'm not going on the 25th, but I will take you up on the game of golf if we both end up at Wake. I am pretty terrible at golf, but I enjoy it. I know there are quite a few courses close to the school, but I have no idea how good any of them are or if they offer any discounts.

Sounds good to me man.

Just curious, I haven't been active in this forum for the last 40 pages or so....but is anyone that is looking into Wake Law coming straight out of undergraduate or not far removed? Just wondering because I'm only going to be 23 (coming out of 5-Year Undergraduate Co-op Program)...

Also has anyone asked Wake about additional scholarship money or know how they handle this? I got a pretty good initial offer so it doesn't matter to much to me, but was thinking of using other offers to see if I could get 2,500 more maybe....

nillumin

Postby nillumin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm

waketiger wrote:Go to tanglewood (15 minutes from campus off I-40). And Wake does not have a school course.

Checked out their website...looks like a nice course. Better than the vast majority of the courses you'll see up here in the northeast.

labballin24

Postby labballin24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 pm

nillumin wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:I'm not going on the 25th, but I will take you up on the game of golf if we both end up at Wake. I am pretty terrible at golf, but I enjoy it. I know there are quite a few courses close to the school, but I have no idea how good any of them are or if they offer any discounts.

Sounds good to me man.

Just curious, I haven't been active in this forum for the last 40 pages or so....but is anyone that is looking into Wake Law coming straight out of undergraduate or not far removed? Just wondering because I'm only going to be 23 (coming out of 5-Year Undergraduate Co-op Program)...

Also has anyone asked Wake about additional scholarship money or know how they handle this? I got a pretty good initial offer so it doesn't matter to much to me, but was thinking of using other offers to see if I could get 2,500 more maybe....

I'm straight out of undergrad, and won't be making 22 until August. Barring a good offer from UCLA or a full scholarship from W&M, I will most likely be attending Wake in the fall.

Jeffro

Postby Jeffro » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:37 pm

nillumin wrote:
waketiger wrote:Go to tanglewood (15 minutes from campus off I-40). And Wake does not have a school course.

Checked out their website...looks like a nice course. Better than the vast majority of the courses you'll see up here in the northeast.
If you're looking for some great golf and end up at Wake, you might as well just take the two hour drive to Pinehurst. Some of the best in the country. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... .90863&z=9 You don't even have to play on the more expensive Pinehurst courses, just drive in any direction down there and you'll hit five golf courses. Southern Pines has a few great ones too and is two minutes away.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Been waitlisted but LOCI going in the mail tomorrow. I hope this could make a difference :/

mez06

Postby mez06 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

No news on the scholarship negotiation. Which makes me think its not looking good for the cause..

jetergrl2ss

Postby jetergrl2ss » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 pm

nillumin wrote:

Sounds good to me man.

I'll be attending law school straight out of undergrad as well. I'll be 22 by orientation. At this point I'm about 70% sure I'll be attending to Wake. I'm visiting on Friday so hopefully that will help make the decision for me.

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:04 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:Just curious, I haven't been active in this forum for the last 40 pages or so....but is anyone that is looking into Wake Law coming straight out of undergraduate or not far removed? Just wondering because I'm only going to be 23 (coming out of 5-Year Undergraduate Co-op Program)...

Ill turn 22 just before orientation..

Bulls

Postby Bulls » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:07 pm

mez06 wrote:No news on the scholarship negotiation. Which makes me think its not looking good for the cause..

Could the office be closed for spring break?

jetergrl2ss

Postby jetergrl2ss » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Bulls wrote:
mez06 wrote:No news on the scholarship negotiation. Which makes me think its not looking good for the cause..

Could the office be closed for spring break?

Very possible. The WFU Law twitter account had a tweet about spring break!

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:19 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:
nillumin wrote:

Sounds good to me man.

I'll be attending law school straight out of undergrad as well. I'll be 22 by orientation. At this point I'm about 70% sure I'll be attending to Wake. I'm visiting on Friday so hopefully that will help make the decision for me.

I'm coming Friday too! :-)

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
jetergrl2ss wrote:
nillumin wrote:

Sounds good to me man.

I'm coming Friday too! :-)

+1

rivkah

Postby rivkah » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm sending in my loci tomorrow, and then hopefully going to visit on Friday to try and get face time with an admissions officer. I really really want to get off this waitlist and send in my deposit right away, does anyone have any other suggestions that don't border on harassment? Thanks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”