Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dawbg3
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:10 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby dawbg3 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:44 am

They gave me 15k/yr and my numbers were 161 3.65. Im no urm either

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38 am

After researching Wake Forest more and Winston-Salem I am 95% sure that I will be at Wake this fall (im sure it will be 100 after my visit to Seton Hall). The quality of life, academic experience and cost cannot be beat. I cnt wait to put down my deposit later on this month!

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 am

YankeesFan wrote:After researching Wake Forest more and Winston-Salem I am 95% sure that I will be at Wake this fall (im sure it will be 100 after my visit to Seton Hall). The quality of life, academic experience and cost cannot be beat. I cnt wait to put down my deposit later on this month!


I'm beginning to feel this way too!

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 am

BTW when I finally commit Ill be looking for a roommate (guy) so anyone whose interested let me know. Ive been researching places and Im leaning towards the Corners at Crystal Lake.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:44 am

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students?

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 am

I have not seen one nor gotten an invite yet. I would image that the FB group would go up around the same time they put up their new admitted students page.

User avatar
amasingama
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby amasingama » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 am

hurricane10 wrote:does anyone know when we should be expecting financial aid packages from Wake? We should have that info before the seat deposit deadline right?


I called about that and was told that we would receive those sometime this month, or definitely before April 15th. There was nothing more specific.

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby hurricane10 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:03 pm

amasingama wrote:
hurricane10 wrote:does anyone know when we should be expecting financial aid packages from Wake? We should have that info before the seat deposit deadline right?


I called about that and was told that we would receive those sometime this month, or definitely before April 15th. There was nothing more specific.


Well, I hope before April 1 because that is the deposit deadline for scholarship recipients.

ZFB
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ZFB » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:39 pm

When is was there on Friday they said the most recent group of admitted students would receive financial/scholarship info in the by April.

I was really impressed after the open house. All of the faculty and administrators seem very nice and welcoming. The students, while exhausted, still had time to make us feel welcome. It definitely makes me consider Wake.

redblack11
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby redblack11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:52 pm

For what its worth...

I was accepted 1/20 with a 160 and 3.73 and received a $45,000 scholly 3/2.

GL all

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby kkklick » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:55 pm

redblack11 wrote:For what its worth...

I was accepted 1/20 with a 160 and 3.73 and received a $45,000 scholly 3/2.

GL all

urm?

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:55 pm

ZFB wrote:When is was there on Friday they said the most recent group of admitted students would receive financial/scholarship info in the by April.


in the... mail?

gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby gogamecocks » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

I have similar numbers but I've yet to hear anything about fin. aid. Granted I did apply/get accepted late, I'll be really pissed at myself if I lost out on a bunch of money because of it. That said, how long after your acceptance did you hear about fin. aid?

Thanks

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Flett » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

kkklick wrote:
redblack11 wrote:For what its worth...

I was accepted 1/20 with a 160 and 3.73 and received a $45,000 scholly 3/2.

GL all

urm?


According to their previous posts in other threads, no.

ZFB
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ZFB » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 pm

leidice wrote:
ZFB wrote:When is was there on Friday they said the most recent group of admitted students would receive financial/scholarship info in the by April.


in the... mail?

Didn't specify.

Edit: I realize I randomly included some extra words there. Sorry.
Last edited by ZFB on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
girlonfire
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby girlonfire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:22 pm

it seems that trying to find some rhyme or reason to the scholly's is out of the question. I'm starting to think the amount of $ WFU offers has much more to do with qualitative things, like ur PS and DS, than your hard numbers.

I got a much larger $$ offer than MANY ppl with MUCH better numbers, but my PS was pretty bawse, and I have really great softs (not to toot my own horn, but... toot toot).

So I propose we just be happy we got $ at all, and stop trying to figure out the scholarship black box.

Cheers!

User avatar
Sex Bob-Omb
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Sex Bob-Omb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:39 pm

In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?

User avatar
steve_o711
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby steve_o711 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?



I went to the one last Friday. Everyone seemed really friendly and the students who led the tours and panel were really open to answer any questions. It is definitely making me take a closer look but I'm still waiting on some scholly money.

User avatar
Sex Bob-Omb
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Sex Bob-Omb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 pm

steve_o711 wrote:
Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?



I went to the one last Friday. Everyone seemed really friendly and the students who led the tours and panel were really open to answer any questions. It is definitely making me take a closer look but I'm still waiting on some scholly money.


Nice. Was it just students? My parents were wondering if they should tag along.

User avatar
steve_o711
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby steve_o711 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Sex Bob-Omb wrote:
steve_o711 wrote:
Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?



I went to the one last Friday. Everyone seemed really friendly and the students who led the tours and panel were really open to answer any questions. It is definitely making me take a closer look but I'm still waiting on some scholly money.


Nice. Was it just students? My parents were wondering if they should tag along.


There were some parents there. I would say a third brought parents. I thought I had read something along the way that they had said the morning was for the students and then parents could join in the afternoon, but couldn't find it the night before. Maybe it was for another school. I just told my mom to come for the afternoon portion. They have a nice lunch reception at noon so she showed up for that and the panel after.

User avatar
amasingama
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby amasingama » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:39 pm

leidice wrote:
ZFB wrote:When is was there on Friday they said the most recent group of admitted students would receive financial/scholarship info in the by April.


in the... mail?


Their response to me was that fin. aid would be e-mailed.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?


Are you an URM? If not, did you find the cure for cancer?

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby SrLaw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:39 pm

I emailed Wake to ask about upping my scholarship but still no response.

User avatar
sstufken
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby sstufken » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 pm

irishvt14 wrote:
Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?


Are you an URM? If not, did you find the cure for cancer?


Haha I'm wondering the same thing.. I know irishvt14 & I were both waitlisted with 163 LSATs (and not happy about it- Wake was one of my top choices)

User avatar
Sex Bob-Omb
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Sex Bob-Omb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 pm

irishvt14 wrote:
Sex Bob-Omb wrote:In with a 155 and a 3.34. Though this was back on Dec 13. I just made an account.

Has anyone been to an admitted students day yet?


Are you an URM? If not, did you find the cure for cancer?


No. But college debate is a big thing at Wake. And I think that might've helped. Otherwise I was just as surprised as you were.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”