Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:14 pm

NCtoDC wrote:Are people really going to wait until the deadline to withdraw? That seems rude, if you know you aren't going to attend. I am hoping that the last 2 weeks of March will see a stampede of withdrawals as people make their choices (once most schools have sent out scholly info).

Edit: I would love to be able to consider Wake. Alas, this is not possible without scholarship funds.


+111111

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Even as someone who is on Wake's waitlist, I encourage you all to take your time deciding. It is a big decision...however, if you decide against Wake, tell them immediately! That's my only request :-)

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

When is the first deadline to pay? I think the lady said March 15th over the phone.

User avatar
denny.crane
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby denny.crane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:55 pm

April 15, according to the original acceptance e-mail.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm

denny.crane wrote:April 15, according to the original acceptance e-mail.


Must have been april!!! Thanks :)

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Does anyone on here have any insight re: need-based aid?

User avatar
thatwrites
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby thatwrites » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:10 pm

april 1 for schollies
april 15 for everyone else.

johndavid
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby johndavid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm

thatwrites wrote:april 1 for schollies
april 15 for everyone else.


Payable how, exactly? Every other school has sent information, along with forms for mailing in the deposit. I never received anything like that from Wake. I called the admissions office today, and the woman that answered seemed confused by my question.

"Just tell them you want to accept the scholarship and send the money."

"By what means, exactly?"

"The instructions are in the emails."

I thought I may have missed it, but couldn't find anything except the dates.

User avatar
amasingama
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby amasingama » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 pm

johndavid wrote:
thatwrites wrote:april 1 for schollies
april 15 for everyone else.


Payable how, exactly? Every other school has sent information, along with forms for mailing in the deposit. I never received anything like that from Wake. I called the admissions office today, and the woman that answered seemed confused by my question.

"Just tell them you want to accept the scholarship and send the money."

"By what means, exactly?"

"The instructions are in the emails."

I thought I may have missed it, but couldn't find anything except the dates.


No you didn't miss it anything, because nothing specific was sent out. I just sent a check and then called to confirm receipt.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 am

So, barring the $90k scholly email fiasco, last year at this time Wake did send out more scholarship money to accepted students. Think some of us could be hearing anything soon-ish? I know recently some people said on here they called and were told the school was currently out of funds to offer and were waiting on people to withdraw. but I'd assume they plan and offer scholarship awards with some type of strategy from year to year. Or am I just being too optimistic? haha

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 am

leidice wrote:So, barring the $90k scholly email fiasco, last year at this time Wake did send out more scholarship money to accepted students. Think some of us could be hearing anything soon-ish? I know recently some people said on here they called and were told the school was currently out of funds to offer and were waiting on people to withdraw. but I'd assume they plan and offer scholarship awards with some type of strategy from year to year. Or am I just being too optimistic? haha


IDK, but I hope you are right :-)

User avatar
thatwrites
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby thatwrites » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

johndavid wrote:Payable how, exactly? Every other school has sent information, along with forms for mailing in the deposit. I never received anything like that from Wake. I called the admissions office today, and the woman that answered seemed confused by my question.

"Just tell them you want to accept the scholarship and send the money."

"By what means, exactly?"

"The instructions are in the emails."

I thought I may have missed it, but couldn't find anything except the dates.


"You may send a check payable to Wake Forest University, send that attention Admissions, PO Box 7206 Wake Forest University, Winston Salem NC 27109"

johndavid
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby johndavid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:05 pm

thatwrites wrote:
johndavid wrote:Payable how, exactly? Every other school has sent information, along with forms for mailing in the deposit. I never received anything like that from Wake. I called the admissions office today, and the woman that answered seemed confused by my question.

"Just tell them you want to accept the scholarship and send the money."

"By what means, exactly?"

"The instructions are in the emails."

I thought I may have missed it, but couldn't find anything except the dates.


"You may send a check payable to Wake Forest University, send that attention Admissions, PO Box 7206 Wake Forest University, Winston Salem NC 27109"


Hmm, must have missed that somewhere. Searched my inbox again and didn't find anything. Thanks for the heads up.

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Lord_Roy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm

So how long after the status goes "decision letter pending" does one get the email? I'm getting anxious...

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby YankeesFan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 pm

I got my email at 4 the day my status checker changed.

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Lord_Roy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 pm

YankeesFan wrote:I got my email at 4 the day my status checker changed.


Thanks for the info, I'll sit tight then....

User avatar
nillumin
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby nillumin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:09 pm

If we already were admitted and received a scholarship #...is there any chance we could see that number increase? Is it even worth asking? Wake is in my top 3 right now.

wamaxey
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby wamaxey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Just got the email. Waitlisted.

3.35/160

User avatar
sstufken
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby sstufken » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Just got the email- am waitlisted as well. 163 & 3.32

User avatar
xxxo
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby xxxo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 pm

In via email! Status Checker said Decision Letter Pending 3/1 earlier today.

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby MattThiessen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:52 pm

nillumin wrote:If we already were admitted and received a scholarship #...is there any chance we could see that number increase? Is it even worth asking? Wake is in my top 3 right now.


Doubtful. The consensus seems to be that they are "out of scholarship" money for now. IMHO, it can't hurt to ask, but don't expect to get anything. It seems Wake has a reputation of "no negotiation" for their scholarships.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Update: I called Melanie today, she said for those of us who haven't received scholly info yet, that we should wait until about the 15th to hear anything because they are waiting on people to withdraw.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm

leidice wrote:Update: I called Melanie today, she said for those of us who haven't received scholly info yet, that we should wait until about the 15th to hear anything because they are waiting on people to withdraw.


March or April?

iambeautiful
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby iambeautiful » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:20 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
leidice wrote:Update: I called Melanie today, she said for those of us who haven't received scholly info yet, that we should wait until about the 15th to hear anything because they are waiting on people to withdraw.


March or April?


Im guessing its April, Right leidice?

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 pm

iambeautiful wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:
leidice wrote:Update: I called Melanie today, she said for those of us who haven't received scholly info yet, that we should wait until about the 15th to hear anything because they are waiting on people to withdraw.


March or April?


Im guessing its April, Right leidice?


I actually assumed she meant March when she said that (or else probably would have said April 15 if she meant April) Waiting until Apr 15 wouldn't make much sense as people would then have less than a day to send deposits in, or else take huge gambles on hoping to receive $ haha.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, grades??, MSNbot Media, Nobiggie, okf731, xholdman and 16 guests