Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Barbie wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


Yay Barbs! Awesome news!! Happy for you :) Is Wake one of your top choices?


Yep. Love me some North Caroleezy <3
I don't think the decision is different.. just that I'm going to find out sooner. I'm so scared.

OH and she said the next batch is in 2 weeks! (for anyone else)


It'd be a little harsh if she admired your persistance and then you got a ding ;) I will keep my fingers crossed for an admit, tho!!

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


See...

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby pokerlaw » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


Yay Barbs! Awesome news!! Happy for you :) Is Wake one of your top choices?


Yep. Love me some North Caroleezy <3
I don't think the decision is different.. just that I'm going to find out sooner. I'm so scared.

OH and she said the next batch is in 2 weeks! (for anyone else)


Hope the next batch is mostly good news because that is the week of Christmas.

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm

pokerlaw wrote:
Barbie wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


Yay Barbs! Awesome news!! Happy for you :) Is Wake one of your top choices?


Yep. Love me some North Caroleezy <3
I don't think the decision is different.. just that I'm going to find out sooner. I'm so scared.

OH and she said the next batch is in 2 weeks! (for anyone else)


Hope the next batch is mostly good news because that is the week of Christmas.


It looks like they didn't reject/WL anyone till Feb at the earliest.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Magnifique1908 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm

WOOT Barbs!!!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

:D
Whats kind of scary is I didn't say my name when I called. My caller ID is my dads name, so she must have figured it out that way. Sneaky! Gahhh I'm so not going to fall asleep tonight!!!!

iambeautiful
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby iambeautiful » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

yayyyy barb, not lets keep our finger crossed :)

pinkpanther
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby pinkpanther » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


hey Barbie, i was wondering if you'd mind sharing exactly what you said when you called into wake and talked to jenny. I just called like an hour ago and asked to check on my file and when i should expect to hear back, and jenny said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks once its in review (and mine's been in review for about 3 weeks now) she said to call back if i dont hear from them by first week of january.....this has me FREAKING out because i noticed earlier in the thread someone mentioned they dont start rejection ppl until january... :(

thoughts anyone?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:08 pm

pinkpanther wrote:
Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


hey Barbie, i was wondering if you'd mind sharing exactly what you said when you called into wake and talked to jenny. I just called like an hour ago and asked to check on my file and when i should expect to hear back, and jenny said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks once its in review (and mine's been in review for about 3 weeks now) she said to call back if i dont hear from them by first week of january.....this has me FREAKING out because i noticed earlier in the thread someone mentioned they dont start rejection ppl until january... :(

thoughts anyone?


You just applied! Its okay. I applied in, like, September... lol. They JUST got done going through applications from 3 months ago, give them some time to get to the ones from 3 weeks ago.

pinkpanther
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby pinkpanther » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Barbie wrote:
pinkpanther wrote:
Barbie wrote:ZOMG <3 I LOVE JENNY! She called me back left a message for me to call her. I called and she said she called and had me moved to this batch and persistence is something they admire <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


hey Barbie, i was wondering if you'd mind sharing exactly what you said when you called into wake and talked to jenny. I just called like an hour ago and asked to check on my file and when i should expect to hear back, and jenny said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks once its in review (and mine's been in review for about 3 weeks now) she said to call back if i dont hear from them by first week of january.....this has me FREAKING out because i noticed earlier in the thread someone mentioned they dont start rejection ppl until january... :(

thoughts anyone?


You just applied! Its okay. I applied in, like, September... lol. They JUST got done going through applications from 3 months ago, give them some time to get to the ones from 3 weeks ago.


haha thanks, i swear reading these threads is slowly making me lose my mind. Everytime people start hearing back from a school that i havent heard anything from yet, i just go into super panic mode lol

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:15 pm

pinkpanther wrote:
Barbie wrote:You just applied! Its okay. I applied in, like, September... lol. They JUST got done going through applications from 3 months ago, give them some time to get to the ones from 3 weeks ago.


haha thanks, i swear reading these threads is slowly making me lose my mind. Everytime people start hearing back from a school that i havent heard anything from yet, i just go into super panic mode lol


Some schools like Tulane are getting back to people who applied wayyy after me. That sucks way worse, haha, trust me ;)

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Barbie, you're in the UIUC group that's getting decisions tomorrow too, right? Want to start a support group tmw morning? It's going to be an anxious time...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:24 pm

snapdragon wrote:Barbie, you're in the UIUC group that's getting decisions tomorrow too, right? Want to start a support group tmw morning? It's going to be an anxious time...


haha sure. I have my project at work to do in the morning that'll probably last me until 10 or 11... so at least there is that! What time do the illinois emails come out?

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Barbie wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Barbie, you're in the UIUC group that's getting decisions tomorrow too, right? Want to start a support group tmw morning? It's going to be an anxious time...


haha sure. I have my project at work to do in the morning that'll probably last me until 10 or 11... so at least there is that! What time do the illinois emails come out?


I think they're before 1 EST, and it sounds like Wake will be around 10. I have a project to do away from my computer tomorrow... I think I'll do it first thing so I'm not obsessively refreshing my email.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby dreakol » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 pm

wait.

do they email acceptances or snail mail?

my checker says decision letter pending and I was just wondering what to expect.

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:37 pm

snapdragon wrote:
I think they're before 1 EST, and it sounds like Wake will be around 10. I have a project to do away from my computer tomorrow... I think I'll do it first thing so I'm not obsessively refreshing my email.


10EST right?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby akili » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Decision letter pending for me too! I'm so excited.

Last year they notified by email. I looooove Wake. AND I'm retaking on Saturday so if I got in before that, it would take a lot of stress off!

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 pm

I've got comparable numbers to people getting decisions tomorrow and I've been under review since 10/8. I also visited and met with Melanie. Thought I left with a good impression but I guess not. Maybe it's b/c I'm a Dukie.

Also, Melanie is leaving after this cycle is over. She was supposed to leave earlier but they couldn't find a replacement in time.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Decision letter pending!!

I'm at 75th LSAT and above 75th GPA so let's hope it's an acceptance!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm SO nervous!! Bahhhh!

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby brose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:21 pm

ran12 wrote:I've got comparable numbers to people getting decisions tomorrow and I've been under review since 10/8. I also visited and met with Melanie. Thought I left with a good impression but I guess not. Maybe it's b/c I'm a Dukie.

Also, Melanie is leaving after this cycle is over. She was supposed to leave earlier but they couldn't find a replacement in time.


Is she an older lady? I met someone from Wake during the law fair and she was really nice. Wondering if that's her.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:22 pm

brose wrote:
ran12 wrote:I've got comparable numbers to people getting decisions tomorrow and I've been under review since 10/8. I also visited and met with Melanie. Thought I left with a good impression but I guess not. Maybe it's b/c I'm a Dukie.

Also, Melanie is leaving after this cycle is over. She was supposed to leave earlier but they couldn't find a replacement in time.


Is she an older lady? I met someone from Wake during the law fair and she was really nice. Wondering if that's her.


Yea prob in her 60s/70s

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby luckyme » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

the wake admissions committee seems ridiculously nice/helpful

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm

luckyme wrote:the wake admissions committee seems ridiculously nice/helpful

+abazillions!

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Magnifique1908 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm SO nervous!! Bahhhh!


Two decisions tomorrow Barb Babes! We get to kick it at two ASWs lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests