I had a good time yesterday! Beautiful weather here. It seemed really crowded, though - I'm guessing since scholly info went out sort of late a lot of people only were able to make it to the last weekend. Relevant points:
1. I learned that there's a new building being built for the business school, so in the next year or two, they will move out & the law school will be able to take over.
2. In the class I sat in on, the prof definitely cold called. However, one of his choices for the day repeatedly didn't know the answers, and he wasn't cruel about it, just moved on. He did keep going back to her, however. The prof was interesting & engaging.
3. I met a handful of non trad married students and my tour guide was also a non trad, which alleviated my concern that I'd stick out like a sore, old thumb.
4. Maybe it was because of the weather, but downtown W-S was absolutely buzzing last night. It's not NYC, but there seemed to be a selection of decent restaurants in a safe area.
5. If you're coming to a later ASW, RENT A CAR. Seriously, I really regret depending on cabs all weekend.
6. Jenny is the coolest and most hilarious admissions staffer I have ever had the pleasure of speaking to (if you're reading this, Hi Jenny! You're awesome).
All in all, I really liked Wake. I'm not 100% yet because it's such a big move away from home, and I'm still waiting on one or two more schools that could lure me away. But, I got a very good impression from the ASW.
If anyone has any more specific questions, please feel free to PM