Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Driving back to Raleigh now. Fly out Sunday. Woo

User avatar
wileyman02
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby wileyman02 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:
mss455 wrote:Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

If it would make you feel BETTER if I said my life has NO meaning anymore because I did not get into Wake - here it goes: I am completely so awfully disappointed I did not get In Wake.


In other words: I don't really care, yet I do really care.

This ladies and gentlemen is why people go to law school, pay t14 prices for bottom end tier 1 schools, and end up hating their careers as indentured servants. In short, dumbass syndrome.


Dumbass syndrome afflictee - I got in Wisconsin, which is not a bottom T1 school like you're claiming - I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE !!!


Obviously, I am aware that Wisconsin and Wake are not bottom T1 schools. I was referring to you gloating about your acceptance at Tulane - like it matters to anyone. 150/3.92 - you'd almost definitely be paying sticker there or anywhere else decent.

You are going to be a fantastic lawyer.



Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

wileyman02 wrote:Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...


Let's keep golf out of this.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:53 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
wileyman02 wrote:Dude, you sure talk a lot of shit for someone who needed two mulligans to get past the LSAT...


Let's keep golf out of this.

+1

richis7
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby richis7 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am

jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.


I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:59 pm

richis7 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.


I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.


How do you get to know this secret information!?

User avatar
AfroThunder1212
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:36 pm

leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.


I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.


How do you get to know this secret information!?


They told us at the scholarship open house yesterday

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:54 pm

AfroThunder1212 wrote:
leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.


I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.


How do you get to know this secret information!?


They told us at the scholarship open house yesterday


OH. hahaha. I thought he'd been keeping tabs on the deans of admission for law schools. That would have been BA.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby moandersen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 pm

just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'
3. you are observing a class, which emphasis on observe.

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.

User avatar
Stonewall
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Stonewall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:35 pm

moandersen wrote:just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'
3. you are observing a class, which emphasis on observe.

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.


that is absolutely hilarious. 0L ultra-gunner strikes again

User avatar
BlueDevil2007
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby BlueDevil2007 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

moandersen wrote:just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'
3. you are observing a class, which emphasis on observe.

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.



It amazes me that anyone would do that. I think my goal as a 0L would be to NOT draw attention to myself while observing a class.

User avatar
Stonewall
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Stonewall » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 pm

^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:07 pm

moandersen wrote:1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered


I observed a class last week and that seems to be a pretty accurate description of a few current students as well. There were no gunners but there were quite a few runners. Nobody wanted to answer the questions. It was a bit awkward.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 am

AfroThunder1212 wrote:
leidice wrote:
richis7 wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.


I love it when there is a logical explanation for things. Thanks for letting me know that, now I don't have to spend all weekend trying to figure out why I didn't hear anything.


How do you get to know this secret information!?


They told us at the scholarship open house yesterday


Damn, gave away my secret.

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby edgarfigaro » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:27 am

Stonewall wrote:^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year


+1

User avatar
Relientkate
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby Relientkate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 pm

My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Wake 2011

Postby leidice » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:
Stonewall wrote:^ you would think. And I really don't want that kid to possibly be in my class next year


+1


+1
This person irritates me already.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Relientkate wrote:My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?


Well, since you submitted so late, it may not be too abnormal, as it is the peak application season...
I know mine didn't take that long though. The admissions office is super nice. If you drop them an email to inquire I'm sure they can let you know if everything is good to go.

ladybuglove
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby ladybuglove » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 pm

How long did it take you guys to find out about scholarships? I was admitted 1/31, and I haven't gotten an email from them yet. Should I be worried? None of the other people on LSN who were admitted on the same date have listed scholarship info.

wester0
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:01 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby wester0 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm

ladybuglove wrote:How long did it take you guys to find out about scholarships? I was admitted 1/31, and I haven't gotten an email from them yet. Should I be worried? None of the other people on LSN who were admitted on the same date have listed scholarship info.



I was notified within a week of admission. Granted, I was admitted about a week before the first (and IIRC thus far only) wave of scholarship offers were sent out. I'm sure Wake will send another wave of offers out eventually so I wouldn't be too worried. If you're really concerned you could call admissions and ask.




On a sidenote, anyone mind informing the rest of us what question the 0L tried to answer in class?

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 am

As far as contacting admissions regarding scholarships....I have done this and received no response...as has another poster on here. I was also admitted 1/31.

richis7
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby richis7 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 am

Relientkate wrote:My online status checker still says "electronic application received" after two weeks... is this normal?


I don't think it is abnormal. They wait until they have received a paper copy from LSAC to put you in review, so I assume that takes at least a week. Plus with the volume of apps they are getting, plus apparently being short staffed for part of last week, I don't think you should worry. For what it is worth i applied back in december (the 15th) got the status checker shortly after (2-3 days) and it took till january 1 for me to go in review (where I still am).

Best of luck!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby akili » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 am

NCtoDC wrote:As far as contacting admissions regarding scholarships....I have done this and received no response...as has another poster on here. I was also admitted 1/31.


I would wait before getting too anxious. I was admitted 12/10 and received scholarship info on 1/24.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 am

One student asked about negotiating scholarships and they said they had no money until students started refusing offers. Maybe they were exaggerating.

User avatar
nicole88
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Wake 2011

Postby nicole88 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am

moandersen wrote:just a fyi for those of you who come for open house.....

when observing a class, please resist the urge to raise your hand to answer a profs question because:
1. you dont know what you are talking about for two reasons
(a) you did not read the case
(b) you dont know the topic being covered
2. you make people think 'who the f is this guy, and why is he not letting us answer the question?'
3. you are observing a class, which emphasis on observe.

sorry for the numbers and subsections - i just finished outlining for a brief and for my property midterm. but in all sincerity, for the sake of those of us paying tuition, hold off on gunning until you are enrolled.

i know this may make me come off as a dick, any really im not. And I know most (all?) of you would never do this. I (as well as my other classmates) were just stunned and confused as to what happened.


Yeah, you definitely just sound like a dick, and I'm sure Wake Fores would not appreciate you going on to a blog of perspective students and letting them get to know the douchebags that await at WF.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, DoYouEvenTLS, ellielaw, Long shot hero, Motionsinlemons, Rich Uncle Skeleton, rizzlebizness, TAD, xnsch and 20 guests