Wake 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
girlonfire

Re: Wake 2011

Postby girlonfire » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 pm

kkklick wrote:App complete, just got the e-mail, anyone know how long Wake takes to render a decision or is it different depending on the applicant?

I applied Jan 6, got a "app recieved" email Jan 13, went complete on Jan 20, and got an acceptance email on Jan 31.

My timeline is fast, but I don't know if that's typical of WFU. I hope yours moves fast too!

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm

My status actually says "Administrative Review", hoping for good things Wake is my top choice in the U.S.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

girlonfire wrote:
kkklick wrote:App complete, just got the e-mail, anyone know how long Wake takes to render a decision or is it different depending on the applicant?

I applied Jan 6, got a "app recieved" email Jan 13, went complete on Jan 20, and got an acceptance email on Jan 31.

My timeline is fast, but I don't know if that's typical of WFU. I hope yours moves fast too!

I sent my app on Jann 22nd, it was received on the 25th and just went complete/admin review today Feb 8. I hope so to thanks for the well wishes!

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

I heard in four days, but I applied early. They are probably a little swamped right now.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:20 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I heard in four days, but I applied early. They are probably a little swamped right now.

Right, my stats are similar to yours same Lsat lower Gpa (3.47), how much $$$ did they end up offering?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:25 pm

I have been under Administrative Review for over a month now... granted I wouldnt attend Wake without a very large scholarship I'm almost tempted to withdraw.

WB333

Postby WB333 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Sandro wrote:I have been under Administrative Review for over a month now... granted I wouldnt attend Wake without a very large scholarship I'm almost tempted to withdraw.

In 9 days, I'll have been under review for 3 months...what is taking them so long???

richis7

Postby richis7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 pm

WB333 wrote:
Sandro wrote:I have been under Administrative Review for over a month now... granted I wouldnt attend Wake without a very large scholarship I'm almost tempted to withdraw.

In 9 days, I'll have been under review for 3 months...what is taking them so long???

That is crazy, have you attempted to call them to see what the hold up is? Seems like they would have at least put you on the WL instead of just keeping you in review if they aren't sure about accepting you.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Do they typically send scholarship offers when they send you acceptance notifications, or does that stuff come later?

I'm confused :?

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm

girlonfire wrote:Do they typically send scholarship offers when they send you acceptance notifications, or does that stuff come later?

No, you should receive a separate email.
I was offered 22,000 anually. Good offer but not the best.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:49 pm

WB333 wrote:

Wow that's bad. Still nothing compared to the way it works in Ontario Canada. Apps have a Nov 1st deadline and can take anywhere from 3-10 months to find out and you don't get any updates per your file until you are officially accepted. It's a status-checking nightmare.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
girlonfire wrote:Do they typically send scholarship offers when they send you acceptance notifications, or does that stuff come later?

No separate email. I guess I'm looking at sticker... unless the emails come a bit later on...
I got my IN email on Jan 31, so i prob would have gotten a $$$ offer by now, right?

boo :(

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

girlonfire wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:

No separate email. I guess I'm looking at sticker... unless the emails come a bit later on...
I got my IN email on Jan 31, so i prob would have gotten a $$$ offer by now, right?

boo :(

I got my acceptance email early december and got my scholarship end of january. It takes time.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Anyone from TX or the southwest considering going to Wake? My scholarship at Wake is very tempting, but I'm apprehensive about leaving TX and moving to NC (only been once in my life). Does anyone have similar feelings/concerns?

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:19 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Anyone from TX or the southwest considering going to Wake? My scholarship at Wake is very tempting, but I'm apprehensive about leaving TX and moving to NC (only been once in my life). Does anyone have similar feelings/concerns?

Not from Texas, but I've lived in Missouri my whole life. Different feelings though. I want to get the hell out of here and go anywhere else. The scholarship from Wake is making them a tempting option.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

jdemmitt wrote:

did you get considerably more at a weaker school? or are you just generalizing?

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Anyone from TX or the southwest considering going to Wake? My scholarship at Wake is very tempting, but I'm apprehensive about leaving TX and moving to NC (only been once in my life). Does anyone have similar feelings/concerns?

Yes, but replace TX with New England ;) I'm very tempted by Wake, to the point that it's probably my first choice as of now, but I'm worried about being an older student if the environment is a lot of people straight out of undergrad (I'm 26 and boring) & about culture shock moving to the South from the Northeast. There's a lot of Wake students in the Discuss Your Law School forum though who have all been pretty informative.

Are you going to be able to visit? I'm hoping my visit next week really helps give me a better idea of what life in NC is actually like

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Stonewall wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:

No, I got a worse offer from penn st actually. But on lsn you can see how much others are getting. I should receive more offers soon from some other schools.

plt06

Postby plt06 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:34 pm

snapdragon wrote:

Yes, but replace TX with New England ;) I'm very tempted by Wake, to the point that it's probably my first choice as of now, but I'm worried about being an older student if the environment is a lot of people straight out of undergrad (I'm 26 and boring) & about culture shock moving to the South from the Northeast. There's a lot of Wake students in the Discuss Your Law School forum though who have all been pretty informative.

Are you going to be able to visit? I'm hoping my visit next week really helps give me a better idea of what life in NC is actually like

Wake is going to be a lot better for an "older" student than most large state schools.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:

No, I got a worse offer from penn st actually. But on lsn you can see how much others are getting. I should receive more offers soon from some other schools.

yeh i got 10k from penn st and threw it in the trash, wake's offer put theirs to shame so needless to say Wake is my number one while i wait for my other decisions

plt06

Postby plt06 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:36 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:

PSU's offers to out of state students leave a lot to be desired.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 pm

snapdragon wrote:

Haha see I have the opposite concern of whether NC will be southern enough for me haha I'm not super southern, but I'll go crazy living somewhere without decent country music/bars. Wow I sound like a hick, I swear I'm not though! Haha

If I visit it won't be until march or april because I'm waiting on my top choice right now and for scholarship offers from my schools that I'd prefer location-wise over Wake. The money is just hard to pass up. Let me know how your visit goes!

ran12

Postby ran12 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Law school admissions is just weird. I got 75k at Penn St but waitlisted at Wake while people with lower numbers got in. Makes no sense that someone who got into both would get so little money from Penn St.

ctroutma123

Postby ctroutma123 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Just booked my flight for the ASW on 2/18. I've narrowed down my choices and am psyched to take a look at Wake. Hope to see some of you there!

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

snapdragon wrote:

When I went to the open house last week I almost felt out of place because I am coming straight from undergrad. A lot of the people I met were out for a few years and working or had gone to grad school. One of the things that I noticed is that a few people said that they liked Wake because they wanted to get away from the big undergrad party scene and settle down. I think you will feel quite comfortable. I'm coming from undergrad but am married/settled down and I really liked the atmosphere.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”