Wake 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Re: Wake 2011

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:11 pm

mss455 wrote:Sorry to everyone that I may have hurt your feelings pertaining to Wake. I regret the poor choice of words there - I did make it into Wisconsin-Madison for the record, which I consider better based on what's written about on TLS compared to Wake.

My poor opinion of Wake is based on the following TLS review:

Between the school’s low tuition and solid career prospects, any student looking to practice in North Carolina would be foolish not to include Wake Forest School of Law on her short list. One won’t find a big-city experience here, though. And the Wake clinical offerings and complaints against the facilities should be considered just as heavily as the school’s great professors and regional reputation.

Source: http://www.top-law-schools.com/wake-forest-law.html

This was my personal stance on the school and how I feel about it, and that is what I wrote - it indeed on MY personal list of 19 schools at the bottom.

I regret if I have offended any TLSers by sharing my personal views on the school on here.
You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!

In all seriousness, congrats on Wisconsin. However, the article on TLS is just one opinion. You may consider Wisconsin to be better but in reality, within their separate markets (because they are both regional schools), Wake and Wisconsin are somewhat peer schools. Both place similarly into NLJ 250 positions, clerkship is similar, ect.

edit: And in my opinion since we are dishing out opinions here, Wake has an edge because seriously, who the heck wants to work in the northwest or in Wisconsin? I'd much rather take the South Atlantic/i95 corridor.

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

mss455 wrote:Sorry to everyone that I may have hurt your feelings pertaining to Wake. I regret the poor choice of words there - I did make it into Wisconsin-Madison for the record, which I consider better based on what's written about on TLS compared to Wake.

Between the school’s low tuition and solid career prospects, any student looking to practice in North Carolina would be foolish not to include Wake Forest School of Law on her short list. One won’t find a big-city experience here, though. And the Wake clinical offerings and complaints against the facilities should be considered just as heavily as the school’s great professors and regional reputation.

This was my personal stance on the school and how I feel about it, and that is what I wrote - it indeed on MY personal list of 19 schools at the bottom.

I regret if I have offended any TLSers by sharing my personal views on the school on here.

yea that data is from around 2008-09, i mean it is placed next to the 2007 employment stats and 2008 medians so it would figure the page had not been updated in a while

^^ Moral - he's prob set on joining the packers bandwagon for a little while now that they finally won a championship again

mss455

Bronze

Post by mss455 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:

In all seriousness, congrats on Wisconsin. However, the article on TLS is just one opinion. You may consider Wisconsin to be better but in reality, within their separate markets (because they are both regional schools), Wake and Wisconsin are somewhat peer schools. Both place similarly into NLJ 250 positions, clerkship is similar, ect.

edit: And in my opinion since we are dishing out opinions here, Wake has an edge because seriously, who the heck wants to work in the northwest or in Wisconsin? I'd much rather take the South Atlantic/i95 corridor.

Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

This is a forum to express opinions on schools - in other words, I was only stating that I don't feel too bad or disappointed that I did not get into Wake.

If it would make you feel BETTER if I said my life has NO meaning anymore because I did not get into Wake - here it goes: I am completely so awfully disappointed I did not get In Wake.

Voila - thanks !!!

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 pm

mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:

Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

This is a forum to express opinions on schools - in other words, I was only stating that I don't feel too bad or disappointed that I did not get into Wake.

If it would make you feel BETTER if I said my life has NO meaning anymore because I did not get into Wake - here it goes: I am completely so awfully disappointed I did not get In Wake.

Voila - thanks !!!
NAI

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Thats all very nice but when am i going to get in? I would love to go.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

mss455 wrote:Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

Voila - thanks !!!
In other words: I don't really care, yet I do really care.

This ladies and gentlemen is why people go to law school, pay t14 prices for bottom end tier 1 schools, and end up hating their careers as indentured servants. In short, dumbass syndrome.
Last edited by Moral_Midgetry on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richis7

New

Post by richis7 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Getting the thread back on track, can we confirm that all those who were notified today were rejected, or were there some wait lists as well?

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:35 pm

i am in administrative review. law school predictor gives me a strong consider. so far they have been right on the money. tough to tolerate any more dings in one week

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 am

I am here for the Open House tomorrow. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

richis7

New

Post by richis7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Anyone seeing any status movement today?

alexb

Bronze

Post by alexb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Nothin' here.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

In review as of Tuesday, I bet Wake takes a long time. I'll probably have to wait until March/April.

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:27 pm

what are doing here i figured youre at the ding bar.drinks are on me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mss455

Bronze

Post by mss455 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
mss455 wrote:Errr I don't care what you all say --- p.s. ADD Tulane to my List of Acceptances - Thanks.

Voila - thanks !!!

This ladies and gentlemen is why people go to law school, pay t14 prices for bottom end tier 1 schools, and end up hating their careers as indentured servants. In short, dumbass syndrome.
Dumbass syndrome afflictee - I got in Wisconsin, which is not a bottom T1 school like you're claiming - I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE !!!

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 pm

mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:

Voila - thanks !!!

Dumbass syndrome afflictee - I got in Wisconsin, which is not a bottom T1 school like you're claiming - I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE !!!
although not a bottom T1, he was prob assuming you were paying sticker, where wake is generous. Also, "I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE"? huh?

richis7

New

Post by richis7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 pm

So, it is looking like first of next week :( oh well, at least if it is bad news I won't have a ruined weekend.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:04 pm

The dean of admissions is sick right now, so that could be a reason.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Stonewall wrote:
mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:

Voila - thanks !!!

although not a bottom T1, he was prob assuming you were paying sticker, where wake is generous. Also, "I wish you the best to get in at your WAKE"? huh?

While this trainwreck of a convo was fun to watch unfold at first.. lets all just get along.

Did anyone that went to the ASD today have any impressions? I'm going next week

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:15 pm

hurricane10 wrote:
While this trainwreck of a convo was fun to watch unfold at first.. lets all just get along.

Did anyone that went to the ASD today have any impressions? I'm going next week
It was ok. The best part was sitting in the class. The tour itself is not impressive because the building is so small. The student life panel was good (last thing on the agenda) but make sure you have questions to ask; otherwise it will be really short. Other than that, I wish that the financial aid person had spoken to us more and the career services. One of the women at career services sat at our table for lunch, but I thought she could have told us more about the process. Overall it was good but it could have been more informative. That may have been a product of the group I was a part of, who knows.

mf980

New

Post by mf980 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:12 pm

hurricane10 wrote:Did anyone that went to the ASD today have any impressions? I'm going next week
I was there today and I thought it, the Law School, was a nice school.

It is small, as previously mentioned, but that brings unique benefits (obviously not if you absolutely want the big city experience).

The campus is impressive, and the city of Winston-Salem is nice, though rather low key. It seems like a nice place to have a mature night out or a place to enjoy coffee shops.

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:35 pm

mf980 wrote:
hurricane10 wrote:Did anyone that went to the ASD today have any impressions? I'm going next week
I was there today and I thought it, the Law School, was a nice school.

It is small, as previously mentioned, but that brings unique benefits (obviously not if you absolutely want the big city experience).

The campus is impressive, and the city of Winston-Salem is nice, though rather low key. It seems like a nice place to have a mature night out or a place to enjoy coffee shops.
Were you in the ten o clock class or the ten o clock tour?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 pm

mss455 wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:

Obviously, I am aware that Wisconsin and Wake are not bottom T1 schools. I was referring to you gloating about your acceptance at Tulane - like it matters to anyone. 150/3.92 - you'd almost definitely be paying sticker there or anywhere else decent.

You are going to be a fantastic lawyer.

mf980

New

Post by mf980 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

jdemmitt wrote:Were you in the ten o clock class or the ten o clock tour?
I was in the 10 a.m. class.

I think we actually sat at the same table at the luncheon--I was the guy from New York (I'm guessing this based off your SN).

jdemmitt

Silver

Post by jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm

mf980 wrote:

I think we actually sat at the same table at the luncheon--I was the guy from New York (I'm guessing this based off your SN).
Lol. That is right. Prepping for the drive home?

mf980

New

Post by mf980 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 pm

jdemmitt wrote:
mf980 wrote:

Lol. That is right. Prepping for the drive home?
Unfortunately.

Thankfully, almost every single one of my classes is reading intense and I missed just enough of them so that I have plenty of readings to do tonight and on the first leg of my trip home (my dad drove that leg, so I don't have to worry about juggling studying and driving, which I hear is frowned upon in some regions).

How about you, when do you fly out?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”