William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
MOST will not get a decision before March, because MOST applicants will be waitlisted or rejected (W&M has a sub-20% acceptance rate). With the exception of those on the cusp, the vast majority of accepted students will receive their offers of admission well before then.


This

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby masterthearts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 pm

MOST will not get a decision before March, because MOST applicants will be waitlisted or rejected (W&M has a sub-20% acceptance rate). With the exception of those on the cusp, the vast majority of accepted students will receive their offers of admission well before then.[/quote]

I guess if what you say is true, then as accepted students decline Wm and Mary (prior to March), they hand out acceptances to those who are still waiting to hear. So, a student might get accepted in February or even March. A defacto waitlist as the previous poster said.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:18 pm

masterthearts wrote:I guess if what you say is true, then as accepted students decline Wm and Mary (prior to March), they hand out acceptances to those who are still waiting to hear. So, a student might get accepted in February or even March. A defacto waitlist as the previous poster said.


That's one way of putting it.

What do you care about W&M at this stage anyway? I thought you decided you would take Georgetown over any non-T14 school.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby masterthearts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:I guess if what you say is true, then as accepted students decline Wm and Mary (prior to March), they hand out acceptances to those who are still waiting to hear. So, a student might get accepted in February or even March. A defacto waitlist as the previous poster said.


That's one way of putting it.

What do you care about W&M at this stage anyway? I thought you decided you would take Georgetown over any non-T14 school.


I also said I will consider a non T14 school (in the T 15-30 range) if there is scholly money.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 pm

masterthearts wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
masterthearts wrote:I guess if what you say is true, then as accepted students decline Wm and Mary (prior to March), they hand out acceptances to those who are still waiting to hear. So, a student might get accepted in February or even March. A defacto waitlist as the previous poster said.


That's one way of putting it.

What do you care about W&M at this stage anyway? I thought you decided you would take Georgetown over any non-T14 school.


I also said I will consider a non T14 school (in the T 15-30 range) if there is scholly money.


Ah. Fair enough, then.

Mike088
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Mike088 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I just realized last night i had a fee waiver so i applied today. Probably too late for my numbers to have any real chance but what the heck.

LawSchoolPorFavor
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby LawSchoolPorFavor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

Dear William & Mary,

Thank you for the holdiay e-card, but I'd really appreciate it if you got back to me about that whole "application" thing.

xox

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby MattThiessen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 am

That was a weird e-mail...

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah, seriously. Nice holiday little blurb, but I'd rather have a decision, one way or another.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:Yeah, seriously. Nice holiday little blurb, but I'd rather have a decision, one way or another.


:)

I still think it's hilarious that schools send these holiday emails to all of us who are practically peeing our pants whenever we receive any emails, let alone emails from schools to which we've applied!

Edit: 'hilarious' in a horribly awesome kind of way...

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 am

Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:06 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Me too, wtf...

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

a sprig of holly? That's a new one.

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby MattThiessen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Strange. I have that as well. I will laugh if it ends up saying "Yule Log E-mail 12/21/10" on our status checkers. :lol:

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am

krad wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Me too, wtf...


+1. Most likely the holiday email. Booooo.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
krad wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Me too, wtf...


+1. Most likely the holiday email. Booooo.


+1

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby RPK34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 am

I've been already accepted, and I just checked, and I have the blank mailing as well. Probably Yule Log email.

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby jwaters » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:17 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


I now have this too. Hopefully a decision is coming soon, I have been complete since 11/29.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:21 am

MattThiessen wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Strange. I have that as well. I will laugh if it ends up saying "Yule Log E-mail 12/21/10" on our status checkers. :lol:


I honestly wouldn't mind them putting that in there if they actually labeled it. So I see it and know, "OK, they sent out a holiday email." Just obnoxious since I've been complete since just after Thanksgiving.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby krad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:23 am

Oh, Yule Log, the bane of our Tuesday morning... ;)

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am

krad wrote:Oh, Yule Log, the bane of our Tuesday morning... ;)

--ImageRemoved--

TITCR

User avatar
iknownothing
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby iknownothing » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 pm

I have a new date under "Mailings" ... but no description... is that a bad sign? :(

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:07 pm

iknownothing wrote:I have a new date under "Mailings" ... but no description... is that a bad sign? :(


Can you, like, read the above posts? It's RIGHT there. Honestly, first HP, and now this... :wink:

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:08 pm

iknownothing wrote:I have a new date under "Mailings" ... but no description... is that a bad sign? :(


I suggest something new and innovative. Look right above your posts.

MattThiessen wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Agreed, it has been a 19 days since you last sent out decisions. What is the hold up? Is there a certain number you've got to gather before you send? Have you just decided to hold them until after the holidays now?


More annoying because I have a blank line in my mailings box with todays date... Is that a decision or a Yule Log email?


Strange. I have that as well. I will laugh if it ends up saying "Yule Log E-mail 12/21/10" on our status checkers. :lol:


Oh that's weird. On this very page three more people reported the same thing.

RPK34 wrote:I've been already accepted, and I just checked, and I have the blank mailing as well. Probably Yule Log email.


Oh, and weird someone who has already been accepted has it too. Don't just ask a question, try to answer it for yourself first.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests