William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Capitol A

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:They just called me too! While I appreciate the call, I freaked out thinking it was BU or Minnesota. Fail.

I was incredibly confused as to why I was getting call from a 757 area code. Having numbed any cognitive function I have by watching House for three hours and playing angry birds for about the same amount of time, I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"

Is this the first call you guys have gotten since being admitted? I got a call from them a few days after, but they did not leave a message (just saw the name/number on my caller I.D.).
On a separate, but related note, has anyone attempted to email anyone in the admissions office this week? If so, have you gotten a response? I sent an email on Sunday night asking about the programs (they said call or email whenever you want) and have heard nothing back. I don't want to annoy them with a follow up during this busy time, but I was just thinking it's odd that I haven't heard back, so wondering if I typed in the email address wrong or it went to a junk box or something and was never recieved. Thoughts?

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:50 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote: I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"

I felt the same way both times 'Bama called me. I'm working on thinking of stock questions so I don't sound like a complete and total idiot.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

kjadkins wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote: I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"

I felt the same way both times 'Bama called me. I'm working on thinking of stock questions so I don't sound like a complete and total idiot.

And I just realized how entitled that sounds... assuming I get in anywhere else, I need some good questions.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:00 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:They just called me too! While I appreciate the call, I freaked out thinking it was BU or Minnesota. Fail.

I was incredibly confused as to why I was getting call from a 757 area code. Having numbed any cognitive function I have by watching House for three hours and playing angry birds for about the same amount of time, I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"

I already know I will sound completely underwhelmed when/if I receive any acceptances calls. I am awful with expressing excitement, will have no questions, and they will immediately regret having accepted me....

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:04 pm

JenDarby wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

I already know I will sound completely underwhelmed when/if I receive any acceptances calls. I am awful with expressing excitement, will have no questions, and they will immediately regret having accepted me....

It's better than me, I was so uncontrollably excited, all I could say to the lady from 'Bama was "oh my god" and "thank you" over and over.... I legitimately sounded like a babbling idiot.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 pm

kjadkins wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

It's better than me, I was so uncontrollably excited, all I could say to the lady from 'Bama was "oh my god" and "thank you" over and over.... I legitimately sounded like a babbling idiot.

I just forwarded my WUSTL acceptance email to my mom and bf with the note "yay!" and that's about as far as my enthusiasm goes ha. I may need to practice statements of excitement to use on the phone....

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Nothing yet from WM. Dammit.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:23 pm

JenDarby wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I got in 12/2 and received the acceptance stuff the Monday after, which is the reason I was so confused. It was a 3L that called me.

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Nothing yet from WM. Dammit.

Same, been blank for a month now... Sometimes I highlight all of the text on the status checker page to make sure they didn't accidentally write my decision in the same color as the background. heh..

brokenwindows

Postby brokenwindows » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 pm

iknownothing wrote:

Same, been blank for a month now... Sometimes I highlight all of the text on the status checker page to make sure they didn't accidentally write my decision in the same color as the background. heh..

That's funny! (and now I will go do the same, tee-hee-hee!)

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

iknownothing wrote:

I love your name and your avatar and you are funny. Yay! I like you. :lol:

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
iknownothing wrote:

Oh, Hermione, I've waited so long for you to say that! Leave Hogwarts and come with me to... uh, UIowa? (My only acceptance so far :| )

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:20 pm

brokenwindows wrote:
iknownothing wrote:

That's funny! (and now I will go do the same, tee-hee-hee!)

Glad I could add an extra step to your obsessive (I assume, because that's what it is for me) status checking procedure! :)

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:22 pm

iknownothing wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
iknownothing wrote:

Oh, Hermione, I've waited so long for you to say that! Leave Hogwarts and come with me to... uh, UIowa? (My only acceptance so far :| )

Sorry, I'm still with Ron. 8)

But you can always come out to NYC. :D

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Sorry, I'm still with Ron. 8)

But you can always come out to NYC. :D

What?! Since when was Hogwarts in NYC? Hermione! You jest, surely!

And I stopped reading after the second book, but I'm pretty sure Ron ended up with Harry... er, wait...

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

iknownothing wrote:
And I stopped reading after the second book

Ok stop right there. You need to finish before law school starts. Otherwise we will have NOTHING to talk about. :lol:

iknownothing

Postby iknownothing » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
iknownothing wrote:

Ok stop right there. You need to finish before law school starts. Otherwise we will have NOTHING to talk about. :lol:

Hermione, you're being very difficult... I've sent a Harry Potter nicotine patch your way, it should arrive in 3-4 business days. :P

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:00 pm

iknownothing wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
iknownothing wrote:

Hermione, you're being very difficult... I've sent a Harry Potter nicotine patch your way, it should arrive in 3-4 business days. :P

No way! I support my addiction! :wink:

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Think they'll get back to releasing any decisions this week given the holiday is so close? Or, do you think we'll have to wait for (perhaps) next week or (probably) the new year?

Complete 11/29 then blank since...

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 pm

BHDLaw wrote:Think they'll get back to releasing any decisions this week given the holiday is so close? Or, do you think we'll have to wait for (perhaps) next week or (probably) the new year?

If you read your email carefully, it says that most decisions will be made by MARCH!

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:37 pm

masterthearts wrote:
BHDLaw wrote:Think they'll get back to releasing any decisions this week given the holiday is so close? Or, do you think we'll have to wait for (perhaps) next week or (probably) the new year?

If you read your email carefully, it says that most decisions will be made by MARCH!

By which they obviously mean most WLs/Rejections. They're sending out most of their acceptances as they get them (and not just auto-admits, at least not judging by LSN).

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:38 pm

I was hoping they might get some responses in this week as well. We'll see...my guess is that the admissions office is out for the break at this point

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm

kjadkins wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

By which they obviously mean most WLs/Rejections. They're sending out most of their acceptances as they get them (and not just auto-admits, at least not judging by LSN).

Well, you have a point. They are the only school (in my opinion) to tell students that most will not get a decision until March. Maybe they hope that such a statement will cut down on the number of phone calls they receive regarding status of application.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm

masterthearts wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Well, you have a point. They are the only school (in my opinion) to tell students that most will not get a decision until March. Maybe they hope that such a statement will cut down on the number of phone calls they receive regarding status of application.

MOST will not get a decision before March, because MOST applicants will be waitlisted or rejected (W&M has a sub-20% acceptance rate). With the exception of those on the cusp, the vast majority of accepted students will receive their offers of admission well before then.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:41 pm

masterthearts wrote:
kjadkins wrote:

It's also basically de facto waitlisting.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”