William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bluebird22
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby bluebird22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am

Hey all! 1L here, just so you guys know, the College of W&M is closed today for the snow storm and only essential personnel are being called in. That being said, our exams are still on for the time being and from what I hear, the law school is fully staffed. It hasn't really started snowing yet but if it gets bad, decisions may not go out today. There isn't really much of a point to this post except to let you know that if decisions don't come out, it may be weather related. Good luck!

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:59 am

bluebird22 wrote:Hey all! 1L here, just so you guys know, the College of W&M is closed today for the snow storm and only essential personnel are being called in. That being said, our exams are still on for the time being and from what I hear, the law school is fully staffed. It hasn't really started snowing yet but if it gets bad, decisions may not go out today. There isn't really much of a point to this post except to let you know that if decisions don't come out, it may be weather related. Good luck!


I forgot that you guys are getting hit harder than we are in NoVA. You have 3"-6" coming and little infrastructure to handle it.

Here is hoping that they get the decisions out by noon before it gets bad, because if Williamsburg is anything like NoVA, you won't be active until Monday.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:19 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
bluebird22 wrote:Hey all! 1L here, just so you guys know, the College of W&M is closed today for the snow storm and only essential personnel are being called in. That being said, our exams are still on for the time being and from what I hear, the law school is fully staffed. It hasn't really started snowing yet but if it gets bad, decisions may not go out today. There isn't really much of a point to this post except to let you know that if decisions don't come out, it may be weather related. Good luck!


I forgot that you guys are getting hit harder than we are in NoVA. You have 3"-6" coming and little infrastructure to handle it.

Here is hoping that they get the decisions out by noon before it gets bad, because if Williamsburg is anything like NoVA, you won't be active until Monday.


From a W&M undergrad... it is.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 pm

So that means no decisions till Monday? :(

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:So that means no decisions till Monday? :(


I don't know. Someone would have to talk to the admissions office to know if they are open. And the theory that there would be admits today was just that... a theory.

PDL
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby PDL » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Geez.

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby RPK34 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 pm

RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


Nope, no phone call. Do you know what the call was about?

Well at least we know they are working today. Maybe, just maybe more decisions will go out.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm

RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.

What did they want?

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm

RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


When did you go "complete" or have your status checker go blank...I was expecting something either this week or next, but that might be a little soon on my end as well

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm

are u sure they call? i didn't even get an e-mail when i got in.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:10 pm

justadude55 wrote:are u sure they call? i didn't even get an e-mail when i got in.

+1.
I got an email and a phone call several days after I got the admit packet in the mail, but no phone call before that.

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby RPK34 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 pm

For the record, I had already gotten in. I had a voicemail from someone in the admission office who just wanted to talk to me to see if I had any questions about the school or if I wanted to visit.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 pm

RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.


The status checkers generally changed in the afternoon correct? I hope we hear something today. Would make a nice birthday present.

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby weejonbu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.


The status checkers generally changed in the afternoon correct? I hope we hear something today. Would make a nice birthday present.


Well happy birthday

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 pm

@dude who was asked if he wanted to visit? are u close by (i.e. within an hour or two driving distance?)

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:18 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:The status checkers generally changed in the afternoon correct? I hope we hear something today. Would make a nice birthday present.


Happy Birthday! And the status checkers changed around 12:30 PM on 11/19 (Friday) and 4:00PM on 12/2 (Thursday). If I remember correctly...

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.


The status checkers generally changed in the afternoon correct? I hope we hear something today. Would make a nice birthday present.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY QL!!!!

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby RPK34 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:21 pm

justadude55 wrote:@dude who was asked if he wanted to visit? are u close by (i.e. within an hour or two driving distance?)


Right now I am. I go to school a few hours away. But in a couple of days, I'm moving back home to Massachusetts. I probably won't go down until ASW.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.


The status checkers generally changed in the afternoon correct? I hope we hear something today. Would make a nice birthday present.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY QL!!!!


Thanks everyone! :D

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
RPK34 wrote:Anyone else get a call from William and Mary today? Just got a call from the admissions office.


No, but at least we know they're there today.


They are indeed in today. I'm a UG, we got the text/call last night that they were opening at 10 this morning.

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 pm

They just called me too! While I appreciate the call, I freaked out thinking it was BU or Minnesota. Fail.

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:They just called me too! While I appreciate the call, I freaked out thinking it was BU or Minnesota. Fail.

I was incredibly confused as to why I was getting call from a 757 area code. Having numbed any cognitive function I have by watching House for three hours and playing angry birds for about the same amount of time, I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:31 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:They just called me too! While I appreciate the call, I freaked out thinking it was BU or Minnesota. Fail.

I was incredibly confused as to why I was getting call from a 757 area code. Having numbed any cognitive function I have by watching House for three hours and playing angry birds for about the same amount of time, I sounded incredibly stupid trying to think of how to respond to "any questions about the program?"


Now this made me lol.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”