William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dabbadon8

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby dabbadon8 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Got a call from a 1L today congratulating me on my acceptance and asking me if I had any questions. Anyone else get this?

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:48 pm

hmm have a missed call on my phone from 757 area code... Can't pick up at work...

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 pm

JakeL wrote:hmm have a missed call on my phone from 757 area code... Can't pick up at work...

I got the call from a current student too. Her area code was also 757.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Oooh! I ignored it!

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm

arism87 wrote:Oooh! I ignored it!

Interesting...I did not get that call???

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Haha... I just got a call from 757 as well; unfortunately I just missed it.

I was actually in the process of e-mailing W&M about it...

oshberg28

Postby oshberg28 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Got a call as well (ignored it - don't answer calls if I don't know the person)...googled it, and it's from someone who works in the W&M IT Department....kind of strange.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 pm

arism87 wrote:Oooh! I ignored it!

Same here. Didn't recognize the number and, well, I'm in class right now. Still a nice touch, though.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 pm

oshberg28 wrote:Got a call as well (ignored it - don't answer calls if I don't know the person)...googled it, and it's from someone who works in the W&M IT Department....kind of strange.

Maybe it was someone pulling a prank. I think they email the decision

oshberg28

Postby oshberg28 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 pm

masterthearts wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:Got a call as well (ignored it - don't answer calls if I don't know the person)...googled it, and it's from someone who works in the W&M IT Department....kind of strange.

Maybe it was someone pulling a prank. I think they email the decision

Already have my decision via mail - accepted.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 pm

I just got a second 757 call.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Just got an e-mail from a 2L. They're really going outta their way here- but it's kinda cool.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Got the call too... but kind of awkward.. didn't want to say no, I don't have any questions, but at the same time didn't have any questions.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Deuce wrote:Got the call too... but kind of awkward.. didn't want to say no, I don't have any questions, but at the same time didn't have any questions.

I gues these calls are just for all you VIPs. They know I'm not getting in anywhere better, so they don't want to waste their effort.
Actually, I'm kind of glad you posted this. I was starting to get jealous, but I bet I will feel the same way.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Deuce wrote:Got the call too... but kind of awkward.. didn't want to say no, I don't have any questions, but at the same time didn't have any questions.

You guys who got these phone calls...do you mind sharing your stats/and or the date you submitted your apps?

Trip Coker

Postby Trip Coker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 pm

masterthearts wrote:

You guys who got these phone calls...do you mind sharing your stats/and or the date you submitted your apps?

I was in the dentist chair when I got the call so I wasn't able to answer either. To answer your questions I submitted in September and my stats are 3.67/164. I believe these are pretty close to their medians so I am definitely not a VIP. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting for a decision.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm

masterthearts wrote:

Why do you care? (I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm really wondering why you care). I know I'm in, and I've got my offer. The phone call might be a nice touch, but it doesn't change anything (I know, that makes me sound like I care).

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Trip Coker wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

I was in the dentist chair when I got the call so I wasn't able to answer either. To answer your questions I submitted in September and my stats are 3.67/164. I believe these are pretty close to their medians so I am definitely not a VIP. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting for a decision.

My call was ackward too since I didn't have any questions but I got her email if I think of stuff later. I applied on 8/30, complete around 10/2,essentially blank thereafter, (review complete, initial review complete then blank again) till congrats admit package mailed on 11/19. Stats are 169 3.83

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Capitol A wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Why do you care? (I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm really wondering why you care). I know I'm in, and I've got my offer. The phone call might be a nice touch, but it doesn't change anything (I know, that makes me sound like I care).

Why are you SO defensive?

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

I know, I know. That's why I said I know it makes me sound like I care.

melelolo

Postby melelolo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Got the call also. I missed it, so ended up calling back and talking to the dean of admissions. She was super nice, so if anyone has any issues and feels the need to call, don't hesitate, she's awesome! I think I would be totally happy at William and Mary!!! Also, I got to check out the actual school during Thanksgiving, and it's awesome as well! Williamsburg is super cool!!!! :D

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Sorry.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Capitol A wrote:

I gues these calls are just for all you VIPs. They know I'm not getting in anywhere better, so they don't want to waste their effort.
Actually, I'm kind of glad you posted this. I was starting to get jealous, but I bet I will feel the same way.

I think they're for everybody, actually. I got one, and I'm no VIP by W&M standards.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:48 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Capitol A wrote:

I think they're for everybody, actually. I got one, and I'm no VIP by W&M standards.

Aren't you above its medians and didn't you get $$ though?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:52 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Capitol A wrote:

Aren't you above its medians and didn't you get $$ though?

At 75th %ile LSAT, above 75th %ile GPA. I got a nice scholarship, but nothing mind-blowing. I would consider W&M's graduate fellowship recipients to be the VIPs.

But in all honesty, it doesn't matter who is a "VIP" and who isn't. An early acceptance is an early acceptance, and we should all be grateful for having some of the pressure taken off.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”