William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Capitol A

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 am

Trip Coker wrote:
justadude55 wrote:
Trip Coker wrote:Just got the acceptance package. I am in Hawaii fwiw. No scholarship but I am 164/3.7 so I am not shocked. It's just nice to be accepted after getting the WL at W&L. I will have to check the GI Bill again and see how much it covers.

congrats man and thanks for ur service. isn't w&m ranked higher than w&l anyway?

That is what surprised me the most. Everyone always says that this whole application process is a crapshoot and decisions like this prove it. I figure the small class size of W&L might have something to do with it. Good luck to everyone else.

And @ emma, I don't know if my numbers are part of the "lower ones" but I am not a child of alum. W&M might have a soft spot for vets.

Veterans benefits clinic is one of the things that draws me to w&m. If there's a group who it makes sense to give preferential treatment to its you guys.

Komaliie

Postby Komaliie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:51 am

does it say anywhere in the status checked if youve been accepted/wl/rejected?

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 am

Komaliie wrote:does it say anywhere in the status checked if youve been accepted/wl/rejected?

I don't think so. From what I've heard most just remain blank and have something listed in the "Mailings" section. But also, this is from someone (me, if that's unclear) who hasn't been accepted yet.

Komaliie

Postby Komaliie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:57 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
Komaliie wrote:does it say anywhere in the status checked if youve been accepted/wl/rejected?

I don't think so. From what I've heard most just remain blank and have something listed in the "Mailings" section. But also, this is from someone (me, if that's unclear) who hasn't been accepted yet.

the last thing i have under mailing is application complete

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:08 am

Komaliie wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

Same, but it'll say "Admit Package Mailed" afterwards.

Komaliie

Postby Komaliie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 am

Great thanks!
Does your says zero amount for seat deposit?

achilles

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 am

my scholarship info came on Monday (dated 11/19), but I just got back to open the letter. Total award of $19: Graduate fellowship (waived $9 for OOS tuition + $4 stipend) and an additional $6. I'm impressed by the money, but I was accepted to Texas the day before I was accepted to W&M, so I think for me the $30 tuition at UT is worth it compared to the conditional $15 tuition at W&M. Plus I love TX

notes on the fellowship for those interested: the stipend is considered taxable income, must work 8 hr/wk 1L and more later on, maintain B average

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
Komaliie wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

Same, but it'll say "Admit Package Mailed" afterwards.

My status checker is still frustratingly blank...

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 am

My status checker is still frustratingly blank...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

yeah...That's why I've been trying to tell people to ignore the W&M status checker if they possibly can. Mine was/is blank the entire time. Seat deposit read 0.00 the entire time. The only change was when the mailings section said "admit packet mailed," but I really didn't need to see that-the packet came (I'm in AZ) 3 days later.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. The blank status checker is not fun.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am

Capitol A wrote:

queenlizzie13 wrote:My status checker is still frustratingly blank...

yeah...That's why I've been trying to tell people to ignore the W&M status checker if they possibly can. Mine was/is blank the entire time. Seat deposit read 0.00 the entire time. The only change was when the mailings section said "admit packet mailed," but I really didn't need to see that-the packet came (I'm in AZ) 3 days later.

It's not...maybe I should just stop checking...at least until I get confirmation from TLS that more decisions went out.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Capitol A wrote:

queenlizzie13 wrote:My status checker is still frustratingly blank...

It's not...maybe I should just stop checking...at least until I get confirmation from TLS that more decisions went out.

If you can get your mind off of it, that would be the best thing to do. (I work one job that's 36hrs/week and another that's 20hrs/wk, and the 2nd one I have no access to phone or computer and I still couldn't take my own advice on this though).
Every school will make sure they get in contact with you when you are admitted. After this experience, I honestly think it's better when there aren't status checkers.
U of Maryland never even acknowledged receiving my application, which a lot of people may see as a bad thing, but I'm glad. It makes it so I never think about them. I will just be pleasantly surprised (or angry and disappointed) when they contact me with a decision.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Wish me luck I finally pushed submit today :?

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:01 pm

My scholarship offer reads, "you have been awarded a $10,000 scholarship for three consecutive years of study."

Does this mean that it's a $10k/yr scholarship, or that I will receive $10k altogether?

bluebird22

Postby bluebird22 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

sounds like 10k/ year.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 pm

tttlllsss wrote:My scholarship offer reads, "you have been awarded a $10,000 scholarship for three consecutive years of study."

Does this mean that it's a $10k/yr scholarship, or that I will receive $10k altogether?

This is definitely vaguely worded. Call them! You're already accepted so don't be afraid to reach out.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 pm

crysmissmichelle wrote:Wish me luck I finally pushed submit today :?

Good luck! :)

brose

Postby brose » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

tttlllsss wrote:My scholarship offer reads, "you have been awarded a $10,000 scholarship for three consecutive years of study."

That is vague. Did you apply for a dual degree program? If you did maybe it means you have to do all the law years together.

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:07 pm

brose wrote:

That is vague. Did you apply for a dual degree program? If you did maybe it means you have to do all the law years together.

It sounds to me like $10k/yr for 3 consecutive years, meaning you will get $10k/yr, but if you take a year off or something, you will lose it. According to everyone I've talked to the administration at W&M is super nice, and really happy to help (I'm sure even more so for a prospective student to whom they've offered a scholarship). There's nothing wrong with just calling or emailing them....Then again you might want to wait until you have gotten all of your offers so that you can attempt to negotiate for more money during the same interaction.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:58 pm

I got the same thing; with the way the letter is worded, I'm just about positive it's $10k/year (awarded as $5k/semester).

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:

This is definitely vaguely worded. Call them! You're already accepted so don't be afraid to reach out.

Mine said the same and I had some questions about the graduate fellowship. I just emailed admissions in the evening for clarification and they got back to me first thing the next morning. They're really helpful.
They told me mine was 10k per year for three years, so I'm assuming yours is too. But, like I said, it was really easy to ask.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:46 pm

I think I just went complete?

I feel like before my status checker had said "Incomplete." Now under mailings it says, "Application has been received."

Is this the general trend? Any insight into the W&M status checker?

Flett

Postby Flett » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I think I just went complete?

I feel like before my status checker had said "Incomplete." Now under mailings it says, "Application has been received."

I submitted on 11/2 and got the "Application Has Been Received" email on 11/4. However, I didn't go complete until 11/12 when I got the "Application is Complete" email. Haven't heard anything since and the status checked has been blank the whole time.

So, from my experience, I don't think you're complete yet but you are on the right path. HTH.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Flett wrote:

I submitted on 11/2 and got the "Application Has Been Received" email on 11/4. However, I didn't go complete until 11/12 when I got the "Application is Complete" email. Haven't heard anything since and the status checked has been blank the whole time.

So, from my experience, I don't think you're complete yet but you are on the right path. HTH.

I've been complete since around then but haven't heard anything either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that they haven't made decisions for most people that went complete on the 12th or later. Hopefully they send out their next batch of decisions soon :D

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:26 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
Flett wrote:

I've been complete since around then but haven't heard anything either. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that they haven't made decisions for most people that went complete on the 12th or later. Hopefully they send out their next batch of decisions soon :D

Yeah, I went complete on the 12th...all the acceptances, the completions were earlier. Or at least that was what I saw when looking at all the posts in this thread...

I am hoping to hear something in a couple of weeks...

Juuuulie

Postby Juuuulie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 am

Application sent. The waiting begins!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”