William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:51 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:has anyone had any luck negotiating a merit scholarship??


I negotiated up from $4k/year to $10k/year with a marked GPA increase (dean's list) and better offers from other schools (I think at the time I had $24k at Alabama, $22k at Wake and $35k at Minnesota)

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:02 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:has anyone had any luck negotiating a merit scholarship??

They matched my Vandy offer

meepmeep123
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby meepmeep123 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

thanks for the input! how long did it take for yall to get a reply? time crunch...

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13563
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:thanks for the input! how long did it take for yall to get a reply? time crunch...

Sent email March 21st->Response March 24th

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Flips88 wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:thanks for the input! how long did it take for yall to get a reply? time crunch...

Sent email March 21st->Response March 24th


6 days I think? Not too long.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13294
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby JenDarby » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 pm

kjadkins wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:thanks for the input! how long did it take for yall to get a reply? time crunch...

Sent email March 21st->Response March 24th


6 days I think? Not too long.

This makes me feel like they missed the negotiation email I sent at the beginning of March, since I received NO response....what email did you guys send to?

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby kjadkins » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 pm

JenDarby wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:thanks for the input! how long did it take for yall to get a reply? time crunch...

Sent email March 21st->Response March 24th


6 days I think? Not too long.

This makes me feel like they missed the negotiation email I sent at the beginning of March, since I received NO response....what email did you guys send to?


Dean Shealy, ffshea@wm.edu

icytop89
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby icytop89 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Has anyone on the waitlist considered sending a LOCI :?: If you have, how do u intend to send it--> email or mail
Thanx in advance :)

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

icytop89 wrote:Has anyone on the waitlist considered sending a LOCI :?: If you have, how do u intend to send it--> email or mail
Thanx in advance :)



Their website for the waitlist says to send it via e-mail and provides the address.

rdavi012
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby rdavi012 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:05 pm

icytop89 wrote:Has anyone on the waitlist considered sending a LOCI :?: If you have, how do u intend to send it--> email or mail
Thanx in advance :)


i plan on sending a LOCI as well, hopefully we can still get some money if we do get in. does anyone now if it is common for that to happen?

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Kchuck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 am

Who has decided on W&M?

User avatar
DMBFan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby DMBFan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 am

Kchuck wrote:Who has decided on W&M?


I'm 95% sure, barring any t14 WL offers.

gatorlaw2011
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 am

.
Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelkatelyn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby rachelkatelyn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 am

Still deciding on William and Mary. I'm visiting next weekend!

User avatar
zonto
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby zonto » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Does anyone remember where in this thread they posted historical tuition prices for the last few years? I'm curious to see how much they inflate it every year, but I can't find that information?

Am I just crazy? :?:

User avatar
jpSartre
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby jpSartre » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 pm

zonto wrote:Does anyone remember where in this thread they posted historical tuition prices for the last few years? I'm curious to see how much they inflate it every year, but I can't find that information?

Am I just crazy? :?:


I've been using 9%, because i believe its been pretty significant the last few years - fluctuating between 8 and 10. I don't remember what data I used though

User avatar
zonto
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby zonto » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:38 pm

That is pretty ridiculous... You confirmed what I remembered as the worst-case scenario. That's another $10,000 over the course of three years.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

just withdrew. had $23K/yr scholarship. Hope you guys get it. William and Mary looked like an amazing school. Goodluck!

legallyb
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:47 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby legallyb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 pm

I want that spot so badly!

Redsgomarchingon wrote:just withdrew. had $23K/yr scholarship. Hope you guys get it. William and Mary looked like an amazing school. Goodluck!

User avatar
DMBFan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby DMBFan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Just mailed my deposit today! Very excited!

gatorlaw2011
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:38 am

.
Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 am

Just withdrew from WL. Good luck to all of you!

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Deuce » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Withdrawn- hopefully someone on the wl gets my seat/scholly!

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Perch » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Deuce wrote:Withdrawn- hopefully someone on the wl gets my seat/scholly!

+1 good luck all

User avatar
zonto
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby zonto » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:02 pm

DMBFan wrote:Just mailed my deposit today! Very excited!

Why send it two weeks early and lose out on all the interest that you would have earned on that $500? :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google [Bot] and 4 guests