William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crysmissmichelle
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby crysmissmichelle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 am

brose wrote:http://law.wm.edu/admissions/blog/matchmaker,-matchmaker.php

You people on the waitlist are lucky - you might meet your future spouse!


rofl, I wanted to be mad, but the story was so cute!

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
SrLaw wrote:How did W&M WL go last year?


How did the fucking Bay of Pigs go?


lol'd so hard. good answer

gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 am

JDorBust wrote:Got the acceptance packet in the mail yesterday afternoon by USPS!!! So thrilled...right now it's between W&M and W&L.


go away. this is wait list bitchting time

User avatar
crysmissmichelle
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby crysmissmichelle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 am

gogamecocks wrote:
JDorBust wrote:Got the acceptance packet in the mail yesterday afternoon by USPS!!! So thrilled...right now it's between W&M and W&L.


go away. this is wait list bitchting time


rofl, is is horrible that I thought the same thing when I read that?

I do think there is a WM Class of 2014 thread now, or else it needs to get started so we can continue bitching.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am

kkklick wrote:
Verity wrote:WL'd also, 176/3.6. Definite YP. 'drew.

lulz. I think they accepted who they wanted, rejected those with sub-par grades and put EVERYONE ELSE on the waitlist. Must be at least 300 people on it.



I'm proof that this isn't necessarily the case. Although I will admit that I'm probably the exception. My GPA is a 3.9 but my LSAT score is lower than their minimum by far. However, I have amazing softs, work experience and a good reason supported by evidence for my LSAT score. (I was involved in a car accident just days before taking the LSAT and suffered a severe head injury).

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby onepass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am

Just got an e-mail confirming that my file has been closed (after requesting to be withdrawn from waitlist)! I feel like I finally have closure. Haha.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:19 am

onepass wrote:Just got an e-mail confirming that my file has been closed (after requesting to be withdrawn from waitlist)! I feel like I finally have closure. Haha.


+1

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am

crysmissmichelle wrote:
brose wrote:http://law.wm.edu/admissions/blog/matchmaker,-matchmaker.php

You people on the waitlist are lucky - you might meet your future spouse!


rofl, I wanted to be mad, but the story was so cute!


When I visited and stayed with friends that go to W&M it seemed like everyone dated within the law school. As a bro, that was a turnoff. Don't shit where you eat kinda thing.

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby brose » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 am

Ew @ the dating within the school.

IBThatGuy
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby IBThatGuy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:
brose wrote:http://law.wm.edu/admissions/blog/matchmaker,-matchmaker.php

You people on the waitlist are lucky - you might meet your future spouse!


rofl, I wanted to be mad, but the story was so cute!


When I visited and stayed with friends that go to W&M it seemed like everyone dated within the law school. As a bro, that was a turnoff. Don't shit where you eat kinda thing.


Achem. Exactly where is it that you're crapping, and what are you eating? I'm staying away from both! --LinkRemoved--

t3hevildonut
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby t3hevildonut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 am

Waitlisted. Didn't want to attend this third tier program anyway.

AP-375
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby AP-375 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am

t3hevildonut wrote:Waitlisted. Didn't want to attend this third tier program anyway.


Everyone gets rejected somewhere...

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby snapdragon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 am

So I'm actually going to stick this WL out. I know it seems like everyone and their mother is on it, but I really like W&M, so what the heck, right?

t3hevildonut
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby t3hevildonut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:02 am

AP-375 wrote:
t3hevildonut wrote:Waitlisted. Didn't want to attend this third tier program anyway.


Everyone gets rejected somewhere...


I'm joking. I'm very OK being waitlisted with my numbers.

User avatar
stephenjabbott
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby stephenjabbott » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Waitlisted. I can't complain, as this is the first non-rejection I've received.

160/3.67

Rockin' work experience and positive grade trends.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:21 pm

stephenjabbott wrote:Waitlisted. I can't complain, as this is the first non-rejection I've received.

160/3.67

Rockin' work experience and positive grade trends.


I hate to break it to you, but you're probably not getting off that WL.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm

does anyone know if they went into the WL last year?

play2win
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby play2win » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm

FourOnTheFloor wrote:Lots of waitlists today. I'm another one, 167/3.1, and I also withdrew.


Damn, man. I seem to be the only one that got rejected with a 167. My 3.14 is from a very good school, in which I am in the honors program, and managed to graduate in 3 years.

This scares me because it is a possible indicator that the rest of my application was below average in strength. I haven't heard back from Fordham yet but needless to say I am freaking out.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:00 pm

stephenjabbott wrote:Waitlisted. I can't complain, as this is the first non-rejection I've received.

160/3.67

Rockin' work experience and positive grade trends.


where did you apply? those are decent numbers, you should have been able to get into some quality schools unless you chose only reaches. maybe time to see if anyone else is still accepting apps...

t3hevildonut
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby t3hevildonut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

play2win wrote:
FourOnTheFloor wrote:Lots of waitlists today. I'm another one, 167/3.1, and I also withdrew.


Damn, man. I seem to be the only one that got rejected with a 167. My 3.14 is from a very good school, in which I am in the honors program, and managed to graduate in 3 years.

This scares me because it is a possible indicator that the rest of my application was below average in strength. I haven't heard back from Fordham yet but needless to say I am freaking out.


That is odd. I was put on the waitlist with a 162/3.2

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:59 pm

The waitlist is completely random. They're actually using a Ouija board.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:03 pm

irishvt14 wrote:The waitlist is completely random. They're actually using a Ouija board.


Didn't you know the admissions office at W&M is a opium den after hours and the Ouija board is their favorite admissions tool? I thought that was pretty clearly stated on the blog.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby fiery_searcher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Waitlisted yesterday, withdrew accordingly.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby cinephile » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 am

fiery_searcher wrote:Waitlisted yesterday, withdrew accordingly.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Should I have received confirmation that I withdrew? I don't want them to think I want to ride out the waitlist.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”