William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jonillson
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby jonillson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Capitol A wrote:
brose wrote:I believe the fellowship offers came in the acceptance packet for the people who received them.

This is true for me as well, but remember that there is a difference between the grad research fellowship, and the ones that you apply for. I don't know what anyone else has, but I was offered the GRF, which I did not apply for, and the offer came with the admit packet. The others may be different, I haven't seen any of them discussed.


Hm. Can anyone confirm that they've received a non-GRF fellowship? Which one? How/when?

novab
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby novab » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey guys meant to write yesterday...but saw that it was cleared up anyway.

After reading the scholarship letter again I realized that the $4k stipend was included in the $13k fellowship. I didnt realize that the OOS difference was only $9k - it was my first acceptance (first response at all actually) and i was giddy with excitement reading all of those nice $$$ and numbers...

Regardless..i'm still thrilled with my offer :) cant complain about law school being around $13k per year for tuition!

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

anyone else's loose their status? I was processing and today it was just blank.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 pm

beachviolet11 wrote:anyone else's loose their status? I was processing and today it was just blank.



A looooooooooooooooooong time ago. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything.

beachviolet11
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby beachviolet11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 pm

thanks! glad to know im not alone.

HappyinDC
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby HappyinDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 pm

subtle wrote:
lawschool12345 wrote:Just got an email from William and Mary yesterday asking me to apply and giving me a fee waiver, but i believe this is pointless considering how late in the application cycle it is and my numbers are way low considering w&m( 3.65, 158)



Why not? It would likely take less than an hour. Even if you get rejected, it's only $12. Plus, if you get in, then great! If you don't, well, you weren't going to go anyway (if you didn't apply, that is). Also, are you a URM?


As an FYI, I applied on 1/28 and I was actually already admitted--so definitely not too late!!!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:54 pm

HappyinDC wrote:
subtle wrote:
lawschool12345 wrote:Just got an email from William and Mary yesterday asking me to apply and giving me a fee waiver, but i believe this is pointless considering how late in the application cycle it is and my numbers are way low considering w&m( 3.65, 158)



Why not? It would likely take less than an hour. Even if you get rejected, it's only $12. Plus, if you get in, then great! If you don't, well, you weren't going to go anyway (if you didn't apply, that is). Also, are you a URM?


As an FYI, I applied on 1/28 and I was actually already admitted--so definitely not too late!!!


Bah. That just makes me sad. I applied in November after a fee waiver and have heard nothing. *sigh*

CM612
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby CM612 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am

subtle wrote:
HappyinDC wrote:
subtle wrote:
lawschool12345 wrote:Just got an email from William and Mary yesterday asking me to apply and giving me a fee waiver, but i believe this is pointless considering how late in the application cycle it is and my numbers are way low considering w&m( 3.65, 158)



Why not? It would likely take less than an hour. Even if you get rejected, it's only $12. Plus, if you get in, then great! If you don't, well, you weren't going to go anyway (if you didn't apply, that is). Also, are you a URM?


As an FYI, I applied on 1/28 and I was actually already admitted--so definitely not too late!!!


Bah. That just makes me sad. I applied in November after a fee waiver and have heard nothing. *sigh*


+1

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby wokeemilo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 am

wow, it's kind of shocking how LSN shows that most people who were admitted heard back in november or very shortly after applying. gah, it's not looking good.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby rs2004 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:37 pm

hey guys, is it just me or did the W&M status checker always have a status and status date underneath the status box?

i could have sworn it was blank but now it says my status is complete and my status date 11/18/10, which is annoying considering i at one point had an initial review complete date of 12/6/10.

haha am i hallucinating?

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:39 pm

rs2004 wrote:hey guys, is it just me or did the W&M status checker always have a status and status date underneath the status box?

i could have sworn it was blank but now it says my status is complete and my status date 11/18/10, which is annoying considering i at one point had an initial review complete date of 12/6/10.

haha am i hallucinating?


As a stalker of W&M's status box, I can confirm this is a recent addition. Good find.

Edit: Also, make way for the pandemonium that will ensue because of this.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Justathought wrote:
rs2004 wrote:hey guys, is it just me or did the W&M status checker always have a status and status date underneath the status box?

i could have sworn it was blank but now it says my status is complete and my status date 11/18/10, which is annoying considering i at one point had an initial review complete date of 12/6/10.

haha am i hallucinating?


As a stalker of W&M's status box, I can confirm this is a recent addition. Good find.


Mine is back too. It says complete 12/9.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Status is now "Complete 11/2/10". MYSTERY RETURNS.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Complete 11/12. I think I'm starting to hate W & M. I wish they'd just not have a status checker if it's going to be completely arbitrary.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Justathought wrote:
rs2004 wrote:hey guys, is it just me or did the W&M status checker always have a status and status date underneath the status box?

i could have sworn it was blank but now it says my status is complete and my status date 11/18/10, which is annoying considering i at one point had an initial review complete date of 12/6/10.

haha am i hallucinating?


As a stalker of W&M's status box, I can confirm this is a recent addition. Good find.

Edit: Also, make way for the pandemonium that will ensue because of this.


Yeah mine is 11/12/10. Before it was just blank.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Pink wrote:Complete 11/12. I think I'm starting to hate W & M. I wish they'd just not have a status checker if it's going to be completely arbitrary.


On the plus side, I am now complete a day earlier than before. Originally I was 1/20, now I'm 1/19. Feels good to get that app in early! :P

User avatar
xxxo
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby xxxo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Complete 10/7/2010... Almost my 4 month anniversary :shock:

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Flett » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Here we go again, mine is showing up "Complete - 11/12/2010." The last time we had a non-blank status (a week ago or something?) it read "Initial Review Complete - 11/30/2010."

W&M, I know you don't want me, or at least aren't sure what to do with me, but I want youuuuu!!! <3

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:49 pm

And last time I had a status is was under/in review 11/22. Gah. I need a drink.


Or 20.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Flett wrote:Here we go again, mine is showing up "Complete - 11/12/2010." The last time we had a non-blank status (a week ago or something?) it read "Initial Review Complete - 11/30/2010."

W&M, I know you don't want me, or at least aren't sure what to do with me, but I want youuuuu!!! <3

If you want to maintain your sanity, ignore your WM status checker. Seriously. Ignore it. Put a parental block on your computer, ask someone to change the password, whatever you have to do. I have heard that this is the first year WM has used a status checker (not sure if that's true or not), but it is completely useless. Nothing but a source of frustration.

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Mine changed from blank to Complete 1/21/11....which is the day I got my "complete" email.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Justathought » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Let the speculation begin!

Be right back- going to change into Colonial American garb just to be safe.

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby mcubberly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Flett wrote:Here we go again, mine is showing up "Complete - 11/12/2010." The last time we had a non-blank status (a week ago or something?) it read "Initial Review Complete - 11/30/2010."

W&M, I know you don't want me, or at least aren't sure what to do with me, but I want youuuuu!!! <3

+1 on 11/12/10. Weird.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

mcubberly wrote:
Flett wrote:Here we go again, mine is showing up "Complete - 11/12/2010." The last time we had a non-blank status (a week ago or something?) it read "Initial Review Complete - 11/30/2010."

W&M, I know you don't want me, or at least aren't sure what to do with me, but I want youuuuu!!! <3

+1 on 11/12/10. Weird.


+1
Same date.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby snapdragon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

mcubberly wrote:
Flett wrote:Here we go again, mine is showing up "Complete - 11/12/2010." The last time we had a non-blank status (a week ago or something?) it read "Initial Review Complete - 11/30/2010."

W&M, I know you don't want me, or at least aren't sure what to do with me, but I want youuuuu!!! <3

+1 on 11/12/10. Weird.


I know.. I want W&M so badly.. please don't toy with me. Just accept me. It's a good idea. I'm really cool, I promise.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, doc b, jstans, lawschoolbound2017, premalone, sec_undergrad and 17 guests