William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
usernamer

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby usernamer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Haha well I hope you all are proving me wrong then, because if I get in I will tell you my #'s, and you will be shocked. Sorry I'm being so pessimistic, I just only have one decision so far this cycle despite all of my apps going out in early nov, and it was a ding.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Justathought wrote:
CM612 wrote:
usernamer wrote:Given the weird acceptance e-mails this morning, I would bet everyone that had a status change this morning will be the first big round of WL's this afternoon.

That doesn't sound right. They very clearly stated that most decisions would be made in March with a few decisions released as they're made up until then. Why would they bother to waitlist at the end of January?

I agree, clearly anyone who experienced a status change this morning is in! :D

Granted, I was at the gym and have no idea if I did or not, but I'm going to go ahead and say I did.

I have no idea if mine did either, but my status is gone! 70th GPA 20th LSAT (AKA not a chance in hell.)

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm having PTSD-like flash backs to waiting for my Dec LSAT score. Help.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:I'm having PTSD-like flash backs to waiting for my Dec LSAT score. Help.

Let's all breathe deeply and avoid caffeine for the rest of the day.

brose

Postby brose » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:
Justathought wrote:
CM612 wrote:
usernamer wrote:Given the weird acceptance e-mails this morning, I would bet everyone that had a status change this morning will be the first big round of WL's this afternoon.

That doesn't sound right. They very clearly stated that most decisions would be made in March with a few decisions released as they're made up until then. Why would they bother to waitlist at the end of January?

I agree, clearly anyone who experienced a status change this morning is in! :D

Granted, I was at the gym and have no idea if I did or not, but I'm going to go ahead and say I did.

I have no idea if mine did either, but my status is gone! 70th GPA 20th LSAT (AKA not a chance in hell.)

I'm in with your exact same stats.... don't lose hope! :)

akili

Postby akili » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

I've been refreshing this thread like crazy.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

brose wrote:
pinkcamellia wrote: I have no idea if mine did either, but my status is gone! 70th GPA 20th LSAT (AKA not a chance in hell.)

I'm in with your exact same stats.... don't lose hope! :)

Brose! Your LSN gives me hope :)

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Justathought wrote:I agree, clearly anyone who experienced a status change this morning is in! :D

Someone get this man a drink! :D

Yeah, I'm trying to be realistic too and think I don't have a good chance of getting in, but I like crazy-optimistic posts that make me laugh a lot more than lump-pessimism.

Did it change again yet? How about now? How about now?

akili

Postby akili » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm

No change. I'd love a decision today (I'm greedy, I want them all right now)

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm

What the I don't even... what is going on ITT today?

My status has been gone forever now, does that mean anything? Probably not.

Pink

Postby Pink » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

krad wrote:What the I don't even... what is going on ITT today?

Statuses appeared today...briefly...and now they're gone again....

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Mine appeared and went away too.... There goes all productivity for my workday.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Pink wrote:

They're like ghosts. Mysterious ghosts, trying to send us a message that we don't understand.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Would calling to ask what is up with the status checkers be out of line? I'm almost to that point.

Pink

Postby Pink » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

snapdragon wrote:
Pink wrote:

They're like ghosts. Mysterious ghosts, trying to send us a message that we don't understand.

Where's Jennifer Love-Hewitt when you need her?

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:Would calling to ask what is up with the status checkers be out of line? I'm almost to that point.

I want to say no, it would not be out of line.

But I'm also not volunteering ;)

krad

Postby krad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Woah, I haven't been monitoring it closely enough to see if it had appeared and disappeared I guess... Thanks for the update friends :)

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:Would calling to ask what is up with the status checkers be out of line? I'm almost to that point.

Just don't give them your name or LSAC number, could be an auto-ding!

kidding.

OklahomasOK

Postby OklahomasOK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Well I was in review... now I'm drawing a blank...

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm

THEY WENT AWAY AGAIN?! *cries*

Well, if they want to shrink their applicant pool by making us all need the padded rooms, they sure know how to do it! :)

eta:
MM, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT call and ask. I just think it's a bad idea. Totally understandable, but no.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Kinderby wrote:THEY WENT AWAY AGAIN?! *cries*

Well, if they want to shrink their applicant pool by making us all need the padded rooms, they sure know how to do it! :)

eta:
MM, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT call and ask. I just think it's a bad idea. Totally understandable, but no.

but think back on the people who were accepted a few pages ago... they were under initial review, then the status disappeared, then they got another status saying they were accepted, all within the same day.

i'm not saying that our situations are going to be identical to that of the initial review people but i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to give it a full day and if nothing shows up by tomorrow midday, then shrug your shoulders and say, what the heck was that, freak out, call, whatever, wait some more, etc.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

rs2004 wrote:

eta:

but think back on the people who were accepted a few pages ago... they were under initial review, then the status disappeared, then they got another status saying they were accepted, all within the same day.

i'm not saying that our situations are going to be identical to that of the initial review people but i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to give it a full day and if nothing shows up by tomorrow midday, then shrug your shoulders and say, what the heck was that, freak out, call, whatever, wait some more, etc.

FWIW, I never saw an In Review status, I went from incomplete to no status to having "Congratulations!" and "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" in the mailings section. I could have missed the "in review" status though.

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Flips88 wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

eta:

FWIW, I never saw an In Review status, I went from incomplete to no status to having "Congratulations!" and "Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed" in the mailings section. I could have missed the "in review" status though.

My in review status was only up for less than three hours.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 pm

rs2004 wrote:

eta:

It wasn't in the same day, it was the next morning for us.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

eta:

It wasn't in the same day, it was the next morning for us.

okay well within the 36 hours window period

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”