William & Mary 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Birdlaw

Bronze

Re: William & Mary 2011

Post by Birdlaw » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
Mpeterson4 wrote:
justadude55 wrote:i meant off this forum.
As has been discussed W&M's "modified rolling admissions" pretty much means that this early in the cycle they send out mainly acceptances. Instead of early wait-list or denials they hold on to many applications until March.
Also, people on TLS generally have much higher #s than the general population. So, just by glancing at a thread, it's going to seem like the majority are accepted. However, in reality, roughly 8 out of 10 applicants will be rejected from W&M.
TLS is the nightmare of all nightmares when it comes to being representative of the population in terms of LSAT numbers and douchebaggery, hopefully. If you went by these threads, the average LSAT score is a 167.

Jeffro

Bronze

Post by Jeffro » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:35 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:How long was it for you between the status checker going blank and you seeing the mailing deal
Sometime early November as I recall (accepted 11/18). I initially thought it happened because LSAC was sending out an updated report for me and my app was put on the bottom of the pile or something because of it. I guess that wasn't the case but it makes no sense to me.

I feel like somewhere on this thread earlier someone explained that W&M stated that they clear the status so as not to alert people they are under review...isn't that the point though? Maybe that was for another school though.

dodgerboy86

New

Post by dodgerboy86 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Hey everybody hang in there! Got accepted to W&M with $ on Tuesday and feel your pain! I've still got 14 other applications out there. To everyone who's taking the LSAT tomorrow, like me, good luck!

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:57 am

Jeffro wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:How long was it for you between the status checker going blank and you seeing the mailing deal
Sometime early November as I recall (accepted 11/18). I initially thought it happened because LSAC was sending out an updated report for me and my app was put on the bottom of the pile or something because of it. I guess that wasn't the case but it makes no sense to me.

I feel like somewhere on this thread earlier someone explained that W&M stated that they clear the status so as not to alert people they are under review...isn't that the point though? Maybe that was for another school though.
I went blank last week, but received an e-mail this morning saying I was complete...hopefully we hear back this week or next...

BHDLaw

Bronze

Post by BHDLaw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
Jeffro wrote:

I went blank last week, but received an e-mail this morning saying I was complete...hopefully we hear back this week or next...
My last update was 11/29 Complete - then I got a complete email on 12/6 - now I'm totally blank...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

In at W&M with $10k
I have my MBA
URM

Anyone have any thoughts about the school itself? I won't get a chance to visit until the Admit students weekend at the earliest. Every school looks nice on the web....lol

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about the school itself? I won't get a chance to visit until the Admit students weekend at the earliest. Every school looks nice on the web....lol
Obviously you'll have to draw your own conclusions when you visit, but I really liked the campus when I visited. It has a very nice collegial feel. It doesn't have the classic quad setup (the law school is all in one big building), but it is a nice building in a beautiful setting. The biggest complaint I've heard is that it is not in a big city, but that all depends on your preference.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

my status checker is completely blank, no date, not even a "complete" listing although i got the email 2 weeks ago.. weird

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:my status checker is completely blank, no date, not even a "complete" listing although i got the email 2 weeks ago.. weird
If someone didn't post about this on every single page, I think this thread might die.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about the school itself? I won't get a chance to visit until the Admit students weekend at the earliest. Every school looks nice on the web....lol
Obviously you'll have to draw your own conclusions when you visit, but I really liked the campus when I visited. It has a very nice collegial feel. It doesn't have the classic quad setup (the law school is all in one big building), but it is a nice building in a beautiful setting. The biggest complaint I've heard is that it is not in a big city, but that all depends on your preference.
Thanks. I indifferent about the city/town of my law school. I have lived in big cities (NYC), mid sized (Columbus, St. Louis) and my small hometown.

All of the schools will be on equal footing until I visit, but want to get a sense of what to expect. Any other complaints that you hear about W&M though? Faculty, course offerings, administration, bad food :) ...

jetergrl2ss

Bronze

Post by jetergrl2ss » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 pm

LeDique wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:my status checker is completely blank, no date, not even a "complete" listing although i got the email 2 weeks ago.. weird
If someone didn't post about this on every single page, I think this thread might die.
I wish TLS had a "like" feature like facebook's. I would like that post haha

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:In at W&M with $10k
I have my MBA
URM

Anyone have any thoughts about the school itself? I won't get a chance to visit until the Admit students weekend at the earliest. Every school looks nice on the web....lol
Congrats! When did you apply/go complete?

I'm a W&M undergrad, I'd love to spend another 3 years here. The campus is beautiful and (at least for undergrad) the professors and administration are wonderful. There's not too much of a nightlife but I somehow don't think I'll need one with all the work of law school. And COL in Williamsburg is totally reasonable.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Completed app on 11/15

Thanks for the insight. I was surprised on the scholarship $, and actually thought it was a little low, but the in-state tuition after the first year certainly helps. I took the December LSAT and will submit that higher score to hopefully get some more $$$s

I did both MBA and undergrad at my alma mater (and Im applying for law school there as well), and as in your case too its a great sign to want to go back. Let me know if you have any more inside info.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I feel like they're holding my file. Whyyyyy?

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:I feel like they're holding my file. Whyyyyy?
Join the club :( I'd love to be able to go to W&M but I've got a feeling if we missed these first waves of acceptances, it's a likely ding/WL.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

I refuse to believe that. My scores aren't so bad for them that I'd be a ding. Maybe a WL. I hope not.

You never know.

BHDLaw

Bronze

Post by BHDLaw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Let's hope there are some decisions coming down the pike...from what I remember from LSN, they are usually relatively quick?

...still blank since 11/29....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:11 pm

BHDLaw wrote:Let's hope there are some decisions coming down the pike...from what I remember from LSN, they are usually relatively quick?

...still blank since 11/29....
Me too

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm still holding out hope. W&M is one school that I will wait for indefinitely :) If I'm WLed, I'll ride it out!

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:23 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Anyone see any rhyme or reason to when W&M decisions are posted? It appears from LSN that there have been two releases - December 2nd and November 18th (there were also a lot of updates on the 19th). The other dates seem like they could be a result of people listing when they got the package rather than when the status checker was updated.

Do we think that they release acceptances every two weeks on Thursdays? Last years data was a bit more spread out, but that could be because they didn't have a status checker last year (right?).
So - does anyone think that the trend will hold?

Admits sent out:
Thursday, November 18th
Thursday, December 2nd
??Thursday, December 16th??

If it was every two weeks... Tomorrow would be the day.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Anyone see any rhyme or reason to when W&M decisions are posted? It appears from LSN that there have been two releases - December 2nd and November 18th (there were also a lot of updates on the 19th). The other dates seem like they could be a result of people listing when they got the package rather than when the status checker was updated.

Do we think that they release acceptances every two weeks on Thursdays? Last years data was a bit more spread out, but that could be because they didn't have a status checker last year (right?).

Admits sent out:
Thursday, November 18th
Thursday, December 2nd

I hope the trend holds! It would be nice to hear from them before Christmas.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm

*crosses all fingers*

Birdlaw

Bronze

Post by Birdlaw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:25 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:

Admits sent out:
Thursday, November 18th
Thursday, December 2nd

Thank you for this. I don't even care if its not true, at least its something to hope for. Between BC and W&M I feel like the fat chick that no one wants to dance with.

brokenwindows

New

Post by brokenwindows » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Birdlaw wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Admits sent out:
Thursday, November 18th
Thursday, December 2nd

Thank you for this. I don't even care if its not true, at least its something to hope for. Between BC and W&M I feel like the fat chick that no one wants to dance with.

Totally there with ya

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 am

beachbum wrote:Congratulations! Admit Packet Mailed 11/18/2010
Application is Complete 11/08/2010
Application Has Been Received 11/01/2010

Yes! This is my first decision of the cycle, and it feels fantastic. Looks like tonight's gonna be jaegerbombs.

Edit: 170/3.4
bistduverrueckt wrote:IN via mailings section of status checker
176/3.8x
submitted 11/11, received 11/12, complete 11/17, accepted 12/2
So, looking back through the thread -

The 11/18 acceptances (e.g. beachbum) found out a little after noon on 11/19 that their admit packet was mailed on 11/18.

W&M had it down a little better for the 12/2 group and it was posted in status checkers around 4:30 pm on 12/2.

What can we draw from these two data points? Not much. But if today is an acceptance day (and given that I posted that theory I will be very unpopular if it is not) we probably won't be seeing anything until this afternoon at the earliest. Please go about your business as normal for the morning hours.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”