William & Mary 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

William & Mary 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Has anyone heard from them? Anyone gone complete? Any other news?

I checked my status checker today (10/12) and I'm listed as "Review Complete". Wonder what this means for me...

Crazycall2
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Crazycall2 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

when did you apply/go complete? I'll be applying tonight.

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Crazycall2 wrote:when did you apply/go complete? I'll be applying tonight.


I applied about a week ago and went complete a couple days after applying. I checked my W&M status checker yesterday, so I know it changed to "Review Complete" today.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Submitted on 10/4 and received email 10/8 stating application is complete. However, status checker still reads application received in description and nothing mentioned under status.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby msch0i » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Submitted 10/7, still incomplete here :(

OP, maybe go through last year's thread to see what it could mean?

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:07 pm

2011Cycle wrote:Submitted on 10/4 and received email 10/8 stating application is complete. However, status checker still reads application received in description and nothing mentioned under status.


Here's my timeline:

10/3 - Sent app
10/4 - W&M sends e-mail - app received; status checker assigned
10/8 - Another e-mail - app is complete; status checker says nothing
10/12 - Status checker changes to "Review Complete"

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby MillerTime » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm also at review complete. Received my status tracker on 9/24, not sure when I went complete. Status was updated to review complete today, 10/12.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm

tttlllsss and evandm, are either of you above W&M's GPA and/or LSAT medians? thanks
Last edited by 2011Cycle on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby msch0i » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99379

This seems to mean that a decision has been reached. Look under the "mailings" section, as people who were admitted saw the same "review complete" status but had a "admit packet in mail" message under the mailing section.

Gumby
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Gumby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:21 pm

about to submit

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby theavrock » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Dang I received my status checker email on 9/30 but the status checker doesn't say anything and I haven't received the app complete email from them. I actually haven't received anything from them since 9/30.

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm

2011Cycle, according to W&M's website, the class of '13 medians were 165/3.7. I'm above both of those.

theavrock, the 'app complete' e-mail seemed hand-written rather than an automated response. Maybe the e-mail just kinda fell through the cracks for you - I think calling the office might straighten things out. I had to call BC earlier this week to find out what was going on w/ my app, and I was told that it was already complete - someone just forgot to send the e-mail to me.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm

tttlllsss wrote:2011Cycle, according to W&M's website, the class of '13 medians were 165/3.7. I'm above both of those.

theavrock, the 'app complete' e-mail seemed hand-written rather than an automated response. Maybe the e-mail just kinda fell through the cracks for you - I think calling the office might straighten things out. I had to call BC earlier this week to find out what was going on w/ my app, and I was told that it was already complete - someone just forgot to send the e-mail to me.


Thanks.

User avatar
LSAT Taker
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby LSAT Taker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Looks like OP is in. Congrats!

Mine went complete 9/3, and the status checker says absolutely nothing. Just reread an email from the school as to its "modified rolling admissions" regime, and surmise that I am not among their top picks.

W&M is currently on top of my list, and I really envy OP.

User avatar
tttlllsss
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

In an e-mail dated 10/4: "We are not a rolling admission school." (in bold letters, too)
In an e-mail dated 10/8: "William & Mary has a modified rolling admission process."

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 am

LSAT Taker wrote:Looks like OP is in. Congrats!

Mine went complete 9/3, and the status checker says absolutely nothing. Just reread an email from the school as to its "modified rolling admissions" regime, and surmise that I am not among their top picks.

W&M is currently on top of my list, and I really envy OP.


I think you got good news tttlllsss. Congrats (in advance)!

Submitted 10/1, completed 10/4, received an under review e-mail 10/5 (although status checker still says received). Look like I'm not their top choice either. Oy, life of a splitter. I'm not complaining, W&M, I still love you.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Entchen » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 am

Hi all! I submitted my W&M app on Monday. Haven't heard anything back yet (not even "we got your application"), but hopefully I'll have something to share soon. Status Checker today.
Last edited by Entchen on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby theavrock » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 am

tttlllsss wrote:2011Cycle, according to W&M's website, the class of '13 medians were 165/3.7. I'm above both of those.

theavrock, the 'app complete' e-mail seemed hand-written rather than an automated response. Maybe the e-mail just kinda fell through the cracks for you - I think calling the office might straighten things out. I had to call BC earlier this week to find out what was going on w/ my app, and I was told that it was already complete - someone just forgot to send the e-mail to me.


Right on thanks for the heads up. I actually applied to BC too and haven't heard anything back from them either. I just wasn't sure how long one should wait before calling admissions offices if we haven't heard anything.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby vegenator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I applied on 9/1, went complete (according to their status checker) on 9/2, and now have a "review complete" listed on my status checker. No new emails, nothing new listed under "mailings" and nothing listed under seat deposit. I'm above both medians, too, so... I'm curious to see when I'll hear from them and what this means :D

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Status updated to 'review complete' on 10/13

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:57 pm

msch0i wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99379

This seems to mean that a decision has been reached. Look under the "mailings" section, as people who were admitted saw the same "review complete" status but had a "admit packet in mail" message under the mailing section.



If the information in the link cited above is true in that review complete admit decisions also have notations of packet sent in mailings, does review complete without mailing indication signify denial/waitlist?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby msch0i » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
msch0i wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99379

This seems to mean that a decision has been reached. Look under the "mailings" section, as people who were admitted saw the same "review complete" status but had a "admit packet in mail" message under the mailing section.



If the information in the link cited above is true in that review complete admit decisions also have notations of packet sent in mailings, does review complete without mailing indication signify denial/waitlist?


Hm, no idea. People in last year's thread (as far as I read, anyway) did note that it took some time for the info in "mailing" section to show up.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:45 pm

msch0i wrote:
2011Cycle wrote:
msch0i wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99379

This seems to mean that a decision has been reached. Look under the "mailings" section, as people who were admitted saw the same "review complete" status but had a "admit packet in mail" message under the mailing section.



If the information in the link cited above is true in that review complete admit decisions also have notations of packet sent in mailings, does review complete without mailing indication signify denial/waitlist?


Hm, no idea. People in last year's thread (as far as I read, anyway) did note that it took some time for the info in "mailing" section to show up.


Just went through last year's thread. Seems same day to 2 days later is the norm for acceptances after review complete status.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby Capitol A » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Applied 9/1. Complete sometime first week of Sept. Changed to "review complete" today. Nothing under mailings. My numbers: 165/3.62, so didn't expect to be an auto admit, but with a pretty strong resume, I don't expect to be auto reject either. If in fact "review complete" is synonymous with 'decision made,' then I feel good, but that thread from last year wasn't too clear to me. OP: has you mailings section changed yet?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: William & Mary 2011

Postby msch0i » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 pm

If last year's cycle is any indication of how they are doing things this year, I think those who are at "Review complete" are all admits. Acc. to LSN, all of the initial decisions were accepts, except that the first round of decisions went out early November.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, carlos_danger, studyingeveryday, xnsch and 14 guests