W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WVUCelticFan
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby WVUCelticFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

$40,820/year (full-tuition)

3.97/170

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby lilliea » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

:x

I think it'll be a couple of days before I get any letter, seeing as how I just got the one they sent out on the 12th today. Stupid Michigan mail

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby RPK34 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:$40,820/year (full-tuition)

3.97/170


Is tuition going up to 40,820 next year? It has it listed as 38,875 this year. $2k would be a pretty big jump

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:17 pm

snapdragon wrote:$5k / year.

I hate to say this about any scholarship offer, but honestly, I'm heartbroken. I was crying in my mail room. I really wanted W&L to be an affordable option and thought based on LSN I could maybe get $10-15k. I know I probably sound like a spoiled princess, but still. :(



I'm sorry :( But, maybe you can use other scholarship offers as negotiating tools?

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby cinephile » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Congratulations to everyone who's heard back! I'm so jealous, I probably won't hear back until next Monday since I'm living overseas and for some reason gave my current address rather than just letting my mom pick up my mail.

meepmeep123
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby meepmeep123 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm

should it say something in the mailings post 1/12 from the dean if you are receiving a scholarship letter? so nervous!!! i wanna go home and check my mailbox!

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:should it say something in the mailings post 1/12 from the dean if you are receiving a scholarship letter? so nervous!!! i wanna go home and check my mailbox!


Nope, the scholarship letter will not appear in under mailings.

meepmeep123
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby meepmeep123 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

dddhhh wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:should it say something in the mailings post 1/12 from the dean if you are receiving a scholarship letter? so nervous!!! i wanna go home and check my mailbox!


Nope, the scholarship letter will not appear in under mailings.


thank you!!

User avatar
goingeast
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby goingeast » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

meepmeep123 wrote:should it say something in the mailings post 1/12 from the dean if you are receiving a scholarship letter? so nervous!!! i wanna go home and check my mailbox!


Nope. They explicitly said that nothing about a scholarship letter would show up in the status checker, and that everyone who had received a decision before 1/6 would be getting a letter either way - scholly or no scholly.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 pm

goingeast wrote:
meepmeep123 wrote:should it say something in the mailings post 1/12 from the dean if you are receiving a scholarship letter? so nervous!!! i wanna go home and check my mailbox!


Nope. They explicitly said that nothing about a scholarship letter would show up in the status checker, and that everyone who had received a decision before 1/6 would be getting a letter either way - scholly or no scholly.


That's really nice that you get a letter either way. At least you aren't left hanging...

User avatar
WVUCelticFan
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby WVUCelticFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:38 pm

RPK34 wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:$40,820/year (full-tuition)

3.97/170


Is tuition going up to 40,820 next year? It has it listed as 38,875 this year. $2k would be a pretty big jump


The letter said full-tuition and the 40820 figure. I was also under the impression that it was the 38k. They list about $2000 as cost of books, etc, so maybe they included that?

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby gov » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:
RPK34 wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:$40,820/year (full-tuition)

3.97/170


Is tuition going up to 40,820 next year? It has it listed as 38,875 this year. $2k would be a pretty big jump


The letter said full-tuition and the 40820 figure. I was also under the impression that it was the 38k. They list about $2000 as cost of books, etc, so maybe they included that?


I asked Brett about this and yes, tuition is going to be above 40,000.

"Thanks for your question. We anticipate tuition for the 2011-12 academic year will be $40,820, but that number will not be finalized until after the Board of Trustees meeting in February. That's roughly a 5% increase from this... year's tuition total. "

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby lilliea » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 pm

govorett wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:
RPK34 wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:$40,820/year (full-tuition)

3.97/170


Is tuition going up to 40,820 next year? It has it listed as 38,875 this year. $2k would be a pretty big jump


The letter said full-tuition and the 40820 figure. I was also under the impression that it was the 38k. They list about $2000 as cost of books, etc, so maybe they included that?


I asked Brett about this and yes, tuition is going to be above 40,000.

"Thanks for your question. We anticipate tuition for the 2011-12 academic year will be $40,820, but that number will not be finalized until after the Board of Trustees meeting in February. That's roughly a 5% increase from this... year's tuition total. "


:(

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby SrLaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Wow, 40820 is a steep price tag, especially without factoring in CoL+Books+Fees.

I received an acceptance letter + W&L Bumper Sticker today. Accepted on in the second batch.
Last edited by SrLaw on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby gov » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm

SrLaw wrote:Wow, 40820 is a steep price tag, especially without factoring in CoL+Books+Fees.

I received an acceptance not + W&L Bumper Sticker today. Accepted on in the second batch.


Yeah, it is pretty expensive...about $180,000 total.

User avatar
WVUCelticFan
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby WVUCelticFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 pm

On the bright side, Lexington has to have one of the lowest CoLs of any T50

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:On the bright side, Lexington has to have one of the lowest CoLs of any T50


That sucks for me. because I get a living stipend no matter where I go so for a school like Fordham I get 2500/mth because it's in Manhattan although I know I can live a lot cheaper than that in NYU and pocket the rest.

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby RPK34 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:On the bright side, Lexington has to have one of the lowest CoLs of any T50


That sucks for me. because I get a living stipend no matter where I go so for a school like Fordham I get 2500/mth because it's in Manhattan although I know I can live a lot cheaper than that in NYU and pocket the rest.


How does that work?

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:01 pm

RPK34 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
WVUCelticFan wrote:On the bright side, Lexington has to have one of the lowest CoLs of any T50


That sucks for me. because I get a living stipend no matter where I go so for a school like Fordham I get 2500/mth because it's in Manhattan although I know I can live a lot cheaper than that in NYU and pocket the rest.


How does that work?


get deployed three times while in the military. they tend to take care of you :).

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Wow. $40k + is a lot. I won't find out until much later tonight. I'm on PST time and at work until 5PM.

Hoping for something, but not counting on it.

$40k might make W&L out of reach for me though, if I have to pay the full tuition.

AND CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO RECEIVED SCHOLARSHIPS TODAY!!

modmx
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby modmx » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm

full scholarship at 3.92/167

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby dddhhh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:25 pm

No scholarship love here....but congrats to everyone who got one!!! :D

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby kalede » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

$10,000/year! I wasn't sure if I would be getting any scholly money from W&L, so this is nice. :)

User avatar
Frasier27
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Frasier27 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:48 pm

20k/year

169 and 3.5

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:53 pm

3.8X/170 Full Scholly here. Stipulations? Yeah right.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Google [Bot], hammy393, hellohalo, LawSchoolTitan and 21 guests