W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snapdragon

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:33 pm

emhellmer wrote:Anxiously awaiting the scholarship info...has anyone else heard anything?

The first round is supposed to be mailed out today. With the holiday on Monday, I would guess that even people in VA won't hear anything til Tues/Wednesday.

I don't know what the cutoff is to be considered in this batch. I'd guess if you got the email, you'll be hearing next week. Otherwise, probably not til later (I was accepted in early Nov, for reference.).

amers73

Postby amers73 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

emhellmer wrote:Anxiously awaiting the scholarship info...has anyone else heard anything?

In the e-mail from W&L about scholarships they indicated that the first round was being sent out today but that the scholarship letters would not show up on the ASO. So let the anxiety begin...

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Heyo Quarter System! UCLA here. I actually LOVED the quarter system. Your classes don't get quite as "meaty" or "in depth" as the semester system sometimes... BUT you take 50% more classes. In other words, if you have a humanities major, or a major that doesn't require very specific classes, you get to study more topics. I loved that.

As for scholarships... if you already were accepted, they are sending out letters today. So, I'm expecting mine wed/thurs (live in CA)

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Hmmm...my status checker just mentions the scholarship update e-mail that was sent out on 1/12. :cry:

Posters on last year's thread indicated that they got their scholarship offers via e-mail.

goingeast

Postby goingeast » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

emhellmer wrote:Hmmm...my status checker just mentions the scholarship update e-mail that was sent out on 1/12. :cry:

Posters on last year's thread indicated that they got their scholarship offers via e-mail.

The scholarship email from 1/12 is simply an overview of the letters that are getting mailed today, according to the admissions office.

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:04 pm

goingeast wrote:
emhellmer wrote:Hmmm...my status checker just mentions the scholarship update e-mail that was sent out on 1/12. :cry:

The scholarship email from 1/12 is simply an overview of the letters that are getting mailed today, according to the admissions office.

Well, now my status checker does say that a letter from the scholarship office has been mailed. Bummer. I was hoping to get an e-mail. That way I could know NOW! Another week of checking the mail and eyeing my roomates suspiciously when I don't have any mail :lol:
Last edited by emhellmer on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aquyenl

Postby aquyenl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:06 pm

emhellmer wrote:
Well, now my status checker does say that a letter from the scholarship office has been mailed. Bummer. I was hoping to get an e-mail. That way I could know NOW! Another week of checking the mail and eyeing my roomates suspiciously when I don't have any main :lol:

does it specifically say a letter from the scholarship office? i have something that says a letter from the dean was sent

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 pm

emhellmer wrote:
Well, now my status checker does say that a letter from the scholarship office has been mailed. Bummer. I was hoping to get an e-mail. That way I could know NOW! Another week of checking the mail and eyeing my roomates suspiciously when I don't have any main :lol:

Dang it, mine doesnt :( Guess I'm not getting any $$ this round.

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm

kjadkins wrote:
emhellmer wrote:

I thought the same thing when I checked earlier today after seeing other people report a new mailing. I checked back later and it said "Letter from WLSO Mailed" on 1/14. So it might just take time to update your status. They said that we would all hear about a scholarship, offer or no.

Either way, the kids from last year got an e-mail scholarship offer, and I want one too. I'm bored at work.

amers73

Postby amers73 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 pm

kjadkins wrote:
emhellmer wrote:

I wouldn't worry because of this

"Please note, an applicant's scholarship award, the letter he/she is to receive, or any additional, related information will NOT be displayed on his/her ASO. No scholarship information of any sort will appear on any applicant's ASO. The letter you receive from our office will be the only source of information regarding whether or not you were awarded a scholarship, and, if so, the amount of your award."

ps WLSO is women's law org, not scholarship office.
I already got that letter and at the time I thought it was from the scholarship office.
Last edited by amers73 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gov

Postby gov » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 pm

The letter from dean Evans went out 1/12. The email saying that the first round will be going out was also 1/12. Scholarships letters were to be sent today 1/14. The email stated that no information will appear on the ASO.

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 pm

amers73 wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
emhellmer wrote:

I wouldn't worry because of this

"Please note, an applicant's scholarship award, the letter he/she is to receive, or any additional, related information will NOT be displayed on his/her ASO. No scholarship information of any sort will appear on any applicant's ASO. The letter you receive from our office will be the only source of information regarding whether or not you were awarded a scholarship, and, if so, the amount of your award."

ps WLSO is women's law org, not scholarship office.

Women's Law Org, I'll be happy to watch for your snail mail! I was also going to add that they updated the snail mail on ASO before they sent the e-mails. Whatever, I'm just being neurotic and obsessive. None of you can relate, I'm sure :lol:

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 pm

So is it safe to assume that if we do not have anything under mailings for today we didn't make the cut for the first round of scholarships?

gov

Postby gov » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

iwanta170 wrote:So is it safe to assume that if we do not have anything under mailings for today we didn't make the cut for the first round of scholarships?

Were you just admitted? I would think that if you were recently admitted (or maybe even complete after the 12/31 cutoff) you may be waiting for the 2nd round to come out. Your best bet would be to call or post on the admitted students facebook,

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Meh... I wouldn't make assumptions.

1.) They specifically told us it wouldn't appear on our ASO.

2.) That dean's letter may mean something, but who knows what it is. Not to mention they said they were gonna mail on the 1/14

fdhasldkfhalsdfhalhflkjadfalshf I hate waiting

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

govorett wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:So is it safe to assume that if we do not have anything under mailings for today we didn't make the cut for the first round of scholarships?

Were you just admitted? I would think that if you were recently admitted (or maybe even complete after the 12/31 cutoff) you may be waiting for the 2nd round to come out. Your best bet would be to call or post on the admitted students facebook,

I was accepted in mid-November

gov

Postby gov » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:Meh... I wouldn't make assumptions.

1.) They specifically told us it wouldn't appear on our ASO.

2.) That dean's letter may mean something, but who knows what it is. Not to mention they said they were gonna mail on the 1/14

fdhasldkfhalsdfhalhflkjadfalshf I hate waiting

The dean's letter is probably another welcome/3rd year/we want to see you at ASW letter. + it was mailed 1/12.

goingeast

Postby goingeast » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Please read the last few posts.

gov

Postby gov » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
govorett wrote:

I was accepted in mid-November

Hmm, and you didn't get the scholarship email/notification? I would call and double check. They said you would be getting a letter whether or not you got a scholarship.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:17 pm

emhellmer wrote:Well, now my status checker does say that a letter from the scholarship office has been mailed.

I got confused when I saw this.

My mailings box shows "Email - Scholarship Update" for the 12th but nothing for today saying a letter has been mailed

gov

Postby gov » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

iwanta170 wrote:
emhellmer wrote:Well, now my status checker does say that a letter from the scholarship office has been mailed.

My mailings box shows "Email - Scholarship Update" for the 12th but nothing for today saying a letter has been mailed

If you read the email it says nothing about scholarships will appear. It will not say the letter was sent or how much you have.

""Please note, an applicant's scholarship award, the letter he/she is to receive, or any additional, related information will NOT be displayed on his/her ASO. No scholarship information of any sort will appear on any applicant's ASO. The letter you receive from our office will be the only source of information regarding whether or not you were awarded a scholarship, and, if so, the amount of your award."
Last edited by gov on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emhellmer

Postby emhellmer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:20 pm

iwanta170 wrote:

I was mistaken about it being a letter from the scholarship office. See above. Are you female?

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh ok, sorry for causing a ruckus then!

gov

Postby gov » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Posted on the accepted students website re: scholarships

Brett Twitty: Our first round of scholarship letters is officially in the mail! All students admitted by January 6th (1/6) were considered in this first round of awards. If you were admitted yesterday (1/13), as mentioned in our email, information regarding your scholarship status will likely be mailed within the next ten days.

As w...e noted in our earlier email update, if you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified of your award by letter. If you are not awarded a scholarship, you will also be notified of this decision by letter.

Please note, an applicant's scholarship award, the letter he/she is to receive or any additional, related information will NOT be displayed on his/her ASO. The letter you receive from our office will be the only source of information regarding whether or not you were awarded a scholarship, and, if so, the amount of your award.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have in any questions!

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 am

Fixed

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”