W&L 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:57 pm

.
Last edited by PurplePirate on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby arvcondor » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 pm

WL with 3.5 and 164

User avatar
mez06
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby mez06 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Waitlisted. Does anyone have a number trend of those admitted via WL in the recent years? I feel as if the WL line is longer than "all the girls standing in the line for the baaattthroom"

:roll: Ehhh an attempt at humor to cheer us (mainly me lol) up. Congrats to those who got in!

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Lwoods » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:46 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
lilliea wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:Congrats to those who were accepted! Maybe I will see some of you at the ASW!



I'm planning on attending an ASW, just not the one in February


This. I plan on doing my ASW during April, most likely.

I just went back out east last month and so I need time to save up more $. But I do like that W&L has that travel stipend. I'll just use more frequent flyer miles for the airfare.


It's two nights in a hotel* plus $300 travel stipend.

*If you're willing to share a room. If not, they take off $50 per night from your travel stipend to adjust.

I'll probably go in March or April.

Premgi108
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Premgi108 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Everything was extremely fast for me. I received my "under review" email today around 3pm. I know it says 3-4 weeks until a decision, but I was wondering how long it "really" takes between when get the "under review" email and when you get the decision is at 5pm email. Does anyone have an estimate?

Also, did anyone else get bombarded with emails and snail mail from them?
Last edited by Premgi108 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby onepass » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I sent an e-mail and asked how many people were put on the waitlist last year and how many of those on the waitlist actually made it in. They said that they cannot release that information because it varies too much from year to year.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:01 pm

onepass wrote:I sent an e-mail and asked how many people were put on the waitlist last year and how many of those on the waitlist actually made it in. They said that they cannot release that information because it varies too much from year to year.


It's usually less than 20. The WL is huge and people don't start getting taken off until June/July.

mwheatley
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby mwheatley » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Ding (expected, but it was worth the lsac fee). 3.01 164.

AEM2010
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby AEM2010 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 am

Everything was extremely fast for me. I received my "under review" email today around 3pm. I know it says 3-4 weeks until a decision, but I was wondering how long it "really" takes between when get the "under review" email and when you get the decision is at 5pm email. Does anyone have an estimate?

Also, did anyone else get bombarded with emails and snail mail from them?


They are speedy at W&L. I applied on the 17th, went complete and under review on the 18th, and got a decision today- so that makes what, 13 days? and they took last week off (we also got an email about that)...

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 am

Premgi108 wrote:Everything was extremely fast for me. I received my "under review" email today around 3pm. I know it says 3-4 weeks until a decision, but I was wondering how long it "really" takes between when get the "under review" email and when you get the decision is at 5pm email. Does anyone have an estimate?

Also, did anyone else get bombarded with emails and snail mail from them?


I received about 4 e-mails from them before I applied. Many people have received the same e-mails though, I assume. I went final Monday and of course found out tonight.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
Premgi108 wrote:Everything was extremely fast for me. I received my "under review" email today around 3pm. I know it says 3-4 weeks until a decision, but I was wondering how long it "really" takes between when get the "under review" email and when you get the decision is at 5pm email. Does anyone have an estimate?

Also, did anyone else get bombarded with emails and snail mail from them?


I received about 4 e-mails from them before I applied. Many people have received the same e-mails though, I assume. I went final Monday and of course found out tonight.


Yeah I received a ton of emails from them before I applied. On my status checker, you cannot even see the amounts for the deposits...

And yes, it was very fast for me. I applied just before Thanksgiving, and then heard back today.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:IN!!!!

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CONGRATS LIZZZZZZZZZIEEEEEEE :D


Thanks Spinozist! I'm sad you did not get in with me. But hopefully you will get in off the waitlist??


Imma make it happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, probably not. :lol:

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 am

Grats to everybody else who got in.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 pm

pokerlaw wrote:Grats to everybody else who got in.


Indeed...I am happy for all of you!

User avatar
Flustercluck
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Flustercluck » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Just sent in my application last night, woke up and got the under review email this morning. I wish every school had that kinda turnaround.

Very excited to see how it goes, good luck everyone!

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby kalede » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Just got the physical letter of acceptance in the mail, accompanied by a nifty sticker, yay! I would have worried about the small envelope if I didn't already know I got in. :)

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:45 pm

kalede wrote:Just got the physical letter of acceptance in the mail, accompanied by a nifty sticker, yay! I would have worried about the small envelope if I didn't already know I got in. :)


+1

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 am

W&L was probably the most aggressive solicitors I've encountered so far in this cycle, so I decided to apply. Got my status checker the next day and went under review today... holy moly that's fast.

I'm a bit below median LSAT but lightyears ahead of their median GPA. I'm guessing they're trying to raise their median GPA in ratio with their LSAT? I dunno. Worth $12 either way.

Anyone else REALLY depressed at how small Lexington is, though? I'm a big city kind of girl and the idea of living somewhere with 7,000 people in it is like... wtf.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:25 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:W&L was probably the most aggressive solicitors I've encountered so far in this cycle, so I decided to apply. Got my status checker the next day and went under review today... holy moly that's fast.

I'm a bit below median LSAT but lightyears ahead of their median GPA. I'm guessing they're trying to raise their median GPA in ratio with their LSAT? I dunno. Worth $12 either way.

Anyone else REALLY depressed at how small Lexington is, though? I'm a big city kind of girl and the idea of living somewhere with 7,000 people in it is like... wtf.


I grew up in one of the largest cities in America, but attended undergrad in a town somewhat analogous to Lexington. I have alot of fun, but it is obviously on campus with friends and at fraternity parties...Lexington has some bars and what not, but yes it would be less than ideal for city slickers

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:W&L was probably the most aggressive solicitors I've encountered so far in this cycle, so I decided to apply. Got my status checker the next day and went under review today... holy moly that's fast.

I'm a bit below median LSAT but lightyears ahead of their median GPA. I'm guessing they're trying to raise their median GPA in ratio with their LSAT? I dunno. Worth $12 either way.

Anyone else REALLY depressed at how small Lexington is, though? I'm a big city kind of girl and the idea of living somewhere with 7,000 people in it is like... wtf.


I grew up in one of the largest cities in America, but attended undergrad in a town somewhat analogous to Lexington. I have alot of fun, but it is obviously on campus with friends and at fraternity parties...Lexington has some bars and what not, but yes it would be less than ideal for city slickers


I mean, don't get me wrong, I have never lived in Manhattan or anything... but I dunno.

7,000 people is just CRAZY small.

That said, I would enjoy not paying $1,400 a month for a 900 ft^2 apt.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:37 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:W&L was probably the most aggressive solicitors I've encountered so far in this cycle, so I decided to apply. Got my status checker the next day and went under review today... holy moly that's fast.

I'm a bit below median LSAT but lightyears ahead of their median GPA. I'm guessing they're trying to raise their median GPA in ratio with their LSAT? I dunno. Worth $12 either way.

Anyone else REALLY depressed at how small Lexington is, though? I'm a big city kind of girl and the idea of living somewhere with 7,000 people in it is like... wtf.


I grew up in one of the largest cities in America, but attended undergrad in a town somewhat analogous to Lexington. I have alot of fun, but it is obviously on campus with friends and at fraternity parties...Lexington has some bars and what not, but yes it would be less than ideal for city slickers


I mean, don't get me wrong, I have never lived in Manhattan or anything... but I dunno.

7,000 people is just CRAZY small.

That said, I would enjoy not paying $1,400 a month for a 900 ft^2 apt.


Haha so true...I was in D.C. last summer and it was god awful expensive

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 am

Yeah I think California, some places in NY and D.C. are the most expensive damn ZIP codes in this country.

I was pricing apts in Ithaca, though, and I found that it compares reasonably well w/ Cali, so that's nice.

I looked for a while to no avail on Craig's List for apartments in Lexington, and Google turned up some really shabby apartments...

User avatar
lilliea
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby lilliea » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:23 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I mean, don't get me wrong, I have never lived in Manhattan or anything... but I dunno.

7,000 people is just CRAZY small.

That said, I would enjoy not paying $1,400 a month for a 900 ft^2 apt.


That's about the size of my hometown, and I managed to survive there just fine. Of course, we dind't have an university nearby, so I'm sure it was even more boring than Lexington is.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:37 am

I don't know if things will be different this year, but don't completely give up hope if you are on the WL. Last year they took quite a few people off the waitlist in April. It was mostly reverse splitters. I think they may not be sure what the applicants vs. actual attendees will be this year (with the free app and soliciting they've been doing) so they are waitlisting more people than usual to see how their class shapes up.

I don't mean that everyone will get in or anything, but it's not quite so gloom and doom as "maybe 20 people" and you "won't hear til June or July"

User avatar
pokerlaw
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

Re: W&L 2011 Applicants

Postby pokerlaw » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 am

lilliea wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I mean, don't get me wrong, I have never lived in Manhattan or anything... but I dunno.

7,000 people is just CRAZY small.

That said, I would enjoy not paying $1,400 a month for a 900 ft^2 apt.


That's about the size of my hometown, and I managed to survive there just fine. Of course, we dind't have an university nearby, so I'm sure it was even more boring than Lexington is.


Lexington has two universities, but the people from VMI aren't very fun.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, Christinabruin, Gaaooo, Hopefullawkid2015, jewls2230 and 17 guests